Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys think our legionnaires should be invited to this camp?

I don't know about other countries, but both Saman and AliReza would have to isolate for 14 day upon entering the UK. With Ali's spot in Brighton being fragile and Saman being a newbie, this could impact their playing time with their clubs and affect their career.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      Do you guys think our legionnaires should be invited to this camp?
      I don't know about other countries, but both Saman and AliReza would have to isolate for 14 day upon entering the UK. With Ali's spot in Brighton being fragile and Saman being a newbie, this could impact their playing time with their clubs and affect their career.
      Is that really the protocol still? I thought they would be tested on arrival and re-tested daily for the first few days. If testing negative, then the 14 day quarantine doesn't seem to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Is that really the protocol still? I thought they would be tested on arrival and re-tested daily for the first few days. If testing negative, then the 14 day quarantine doesn't seem to make sense.
        Maybe there's a special treatment for athletes, but for the general public, if you enter the UK , you have to self-isolate for 14 days ( unless you're coming from Portugal, Italy, and few other special countries).

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          Both games are going to be great tests for our boys - Mali’s entire team plays in good European leagues.
          Sooner or later, other countries would say this about Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            Maybe there's a special treatment for athletes, but for the general public, if you enter the UK , you have to self-isolate for 14 days ( unless you're coming from Portugal, Italy, and few other special countries).
            These teams have unlimited COVID testing capabilities (or so it appears). I don't think the general public rules for re-entry apply. Having said that, they likely keep them in a bubble for a few days during their initial arrival/testing, and then after that it's routine testing.

Comment

Right, this is how it is in many US states too. And there is also the rapid test.

I think there is a way to do this.

Comment

Coach on his way to Iran
                https://www.instagram.com/p/CFgU26fH...=17wu4agl7jwf0

Comment

Uzbekistan and Mali are fantastic selections for friendly matches given our situation with sanctions and everything else going on. It’s a great start for Skocic in my opinion! Finally some positive news

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                    I don't know why, but I already like Dragan. He hasn't "done" anything yet, but I can tell he's devoted and invested. Unlike that tool Wilmots. All for TM!

Comment

I don't know why, but I already like Dragan. He hasn't "done" anything yet, but I can tell he's devoted and invested. Unlike that tool Wilmots. All for TM!
                      I like him so far too! He has a great attitude and he’s already acclimated to our country and our culture.

I don’t know much about his coaching but I know that he understands Iranian players from a psychological standpoint. Which is what came in handy for Queiroz because he had a not so star driven team in 2011-2013 when he helped us qualify to Brazil. But Dragan has a star filled squad.

We need a leader who understands Iranian athletes and turns his team into a big family with 0 drama. Seeing him reach out to Sardar and Ali Beiranvand is a huge plus already.

But now that we are confident he’ll be there for our players he still needs to get the job done on the field. I feel optimistic.

Comment

From what I remember Dragan took winning very seriously. It’s true that he didn’t achieve any big success (championships) in Iran. But I do remember matches where Malavan would do well but lose 1-0. Then in the post-press conference Dragan looked like he was gonna explode he was so upset.

What we know is that he won’t be laughing and joking on a plane ride, after his team loses to rivals Iraq. That’s what we know.

What we don’t know is how he’s going to arrange and discipline his team. Questions that come to mind:

Will he use the same tactics that he used while coaching Malavan or Sanat Naft? Will he have 2 forwards or 1? What formation will he use? How much responsibility will he give to Agha Karim as his assistant coach? How will he decide on who is invited and who isn’t? Will he do what Wilmots did and not call Ali Jahanbakhsh because because he doesn’t play regularly? Will he give more opportunities to our domestic players? All of these questions come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                          From what I remember Dragan took winning very seriously. It’s true that he didn’t achieve any big success (championships) in Iran. But I do remember matches where Malavan would do well but lose 1-0. Then in the post-press conference Dragan looked like he was gonna explode he was so upset.

What we know is that he won’t be laughing and joking on a plane ride, after his team loses to rivals Iraq. That’s what we know.

What we don’t know is how he’s going to arrange and discipline his team. Questions that come to mind:

Will he use the same tactics that he used while coaching Malavan or Sanat Naft? Will he have 2 forwards or 1? What formation will he use? How much responsibility will he give to Agha Karim as his assistant coach? How will he decide on who is invited and who isn’t? Will he do what Wilmots did and not call Ali Jahanbakhsh because because he doesn’t play regularly? Will he give more opportunities to our domestic players? All of these questions come to mind.
                          The biggest question: Is he the right man to turn things around?
                          We are already in a big mess in the qualifiers with the possibility of neutral venue/ no spectators in our do or die games against Bahrain and Iraq. What has he achieved in iranian football to get him the TM job? I would have preferred Yahya but he went to Persepolis instead. Time will tell if Dragan was the right choice...
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            We are already in a big mess in the qualifiers with the possibility of neutral venue/ no spectators in our do or die games against Bahrain and Iraq. What has he achieved in iranian football to get him the TM job? I would have preferred Yahya but he went to Persepolis instead. Time will tell if Dragan was the right choice...
                            I like your questions a lot. I too would have preferred Yahya. He’s probably the best Iranian coach at the moment. But it is what it is. We have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                              Upcoming friendlies will give us a quick answer

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                Upcoming friendlies will give us a quick answer
                                The qualifiers will give us the answer not friendlies.

Comment

Working...
                                X