Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St Petersburg | 2019 - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 304 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St Petersburg | 2019

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,492 Times in 6,460 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    With no disrespect to Ali Daei..

Bayern buys players from other teams in the Bundesliga whenever they shine and keep them in their squad. Whether they use them or not doesnt matter to them.

Daei had 1 season for Hertha where he scored 3 goals in the CL and 7 goals in the league. Bayern buys him. Hashemian scored 34 in 3 seasons. Bayern buy him to bench him. As a people we expect our players to be jetted off to Bayern now which is unrealistic.

We need more players willing to be in Europe in midtable teams and become staples of that team. Short stints in elite clubs wont do anything for us
    Daei went to Bayern from Armenia Bielefeld. He scored 7-10 goals for a team that was really really bad and was relegated.
    Daei would have been a starter in Bayern if he wasn't flying back and forth to Asia for TM games back when FIFA and AFC did not have a coordinated calendar.

However, you are correct about Bayern Munich's buying strategy. They do buy players simply to weaken their rivals even if they don't want them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,463 Times in 2,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Daei went to Bayern from Armenia Bielefeld. He scored 7-10 goals for a team that was really really bad and was relegated.
    Daei would have been a starter in Bayern if he wasn't flying back and forth to Asia for TM games back when FIFA and AFC did not have a coordinated calendar.
    However, you are correct about Bayern Munich's buying strategy. They do buy players simply to weaken their rivals even if they don't want them.
    Sorry, Bielefield right. And again I mean no disrespect to Ali Daei and whether he could start for Bayern. I just mean his career has rocketed our expectations into the sky for our other legionnaires.

If Azmoun plays for Zenit and then gets to later play for Villareal/Valencia for more than a couple years...thats a great career!
    If Jahanbakhsh plays for Brighton (assuming they stay in EPL the whole time ) for 8 years... Thats a solid career.
    Maybe I am in the minority in this thought i dont know.

If Beiro went to Getafe or Watford for many years it is better than if he played in Liverpool for 2.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 518 Posts
    When is he joining the team training? They’ve already been playing friendlies and their other new signing played in one today.

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Hashemian is an even better example than Daei for this point.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,492 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Hashemian is an even better example than Daei for this point.
    Definitely true. Poor guy didn't even get a chance.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,564 Times in 2,137 Posts
    Definitely true. Poor guy didn't even get a chance.
    Lets be fair, he wasn't good enough for Bayern, in fact he never was as good as his crazy season with Bochum even after Bayern. However his hard work of earning contract with Bayern and lasting so long in Europe deserve lots of credit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Lets be fair, he wasn't good enough for Bayern, in fact he never was as good as his crazy season with Bochum even after Bayern. However his hard work of earning contract with Bayern and lasting so long in Europe deserve lots of credit.
    We must respect Vahid for what he accomplish in Europe. He was true Iran legend. One of my favorite!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Manucher For This Useful Post:

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,172 Times in 1,439 Posts
    Vahid was benched in Bayern ever since he refused to play the Israeli team at the beginning of the season. It was less about his quality.
    I even remember games when all of their strikers (Makay, Pizarro, Santa cruz, Guerero) were injured but Magath still didn't play him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to _Navid_ For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,564 Times in 2,137 Posts
    Azmoun attack the federation and called them liar! I hope they don't ban him!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Azmoun attack the federation and called them liar! I hope they don't ban him!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wow, reading the comments make me laugh because all the commentors are so demanding of Sardar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 304 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 711

You do not have permission to view the list of names.