Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ Resigns During Press Conference (Thank You CQ Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colombia conceded 0 goals and still got eleminated.
    The had the same problems Iran always had in their offensive game, midfield outnumbered and lack of creativity
    The CQ effect: Keep a clean sheet and hope to somehow someway score 1 goal
    Although I have to admit this tactic was 100% on point against Argentina, if we’d had the individual class of Colombians we would have also beaten Argentina in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
      Colombia conceded 0 goals and still got eleminated.
      The had the same problems Iran always had in their offensive game, midfield outnumbered and lack of creativity
      The CQ effect: Keep a clean sheet and hope to somehow someway score 1 goal
      Although I have to admit this tactic was 100% on point against Argentina, if we’d had the individual class of Colombians we would have also beaten Argentina in 2014

Did you see all games ? I wished they made it but penalty is luck ..

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
        Why is there no post CQ thread? I think its important to gauge how good of a coach he was and not overhyped with Iran.
        Did anyone see his Columbia team perform against Chile? That was piss poor boring, defensive soccer. I was not impressed. I think he was an amazing coach but his failure at asian cup and his lack of actual progress from the 1st rounds of games says a lot. I get he was amazing but, I really do see some flaws with him.

I really do think he should take the blame for 1 goal in 6 games in the world cup from open play (Gucci), and continued failure at the Asian Cup.
        I'm ok with him leaving I think it was his time, and I don't really blame IFF like he does and other people. They kept him as long as they could and he really cost a lot of money that he might of not been worth.

It's just any coach looks like god against an Iranian coach.
        Queiroz built our team. As Taremi said, losing Queiroz is like losing Velasco for Volleyball. The guy built our future.

Unlike other coaches who destroyed the team and gave their successors nothing, he has changed our football so much, in so many different ways.

Every Iranian should appreciate what this guy did for us and pay homage to him. The younger ones may only realise in 5 or 10 years time.

Bayast eftekhar bokonim beh een sheer-mard.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          Queiroz built our team. As Taremi said, losing Queiroz is like losing Velasco for Volleyball. The guy built our future.

Unlike other coaches who destroyed the team and gave their successors nothing, he has changed our football so much, in so many different ways.

Every Iranian should appreciate what this guy did for us and pay homage to him. The younger ones may only realise in 5 or 10 years time.

Bayast eftekhar bokonim beh een sheer-mard.
          Memories unforunately fade with time...championship medals and hardware live forever...unfortunately CQ only left us some memories but no real tangible results.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I prefer long term results and making it to the world cup rather than winning mickey mouse competitions. Plus the whole world hates us because of our stupid ayatollah and makes it hard for us on any given occasion

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Memories unforunately fade with time...championship medals and hardware live forever...unfortunately CQ only left us some memories but no real tangible results.
              Disagree. We remember Ivic because of what we know about the changes he made for TM - how he shaped the team in the few months we had. What the players and coaches said in terms of his impact to the team. In the end, what did he win? Nothing. He lost 7-1 to AS Roma B. Talebi beat the US 2-1. Which one is respected more for what they contributed to TM?

Queiroz built our team, gave us a discipline which was a world away from our deimi bezan ziresh football of the past and laid strong foundations for our football in a number of areas. In practice, most of us will remember that. Because we will attribute how we started playing like a well-drilled side which gained the respect of fans and pundits worldwide to Queiroz, he was the first one to do it.

Comment

Disagree. We remember Ivic because of what we know about the changes he made for TM - how he shaped the team in the few months we had. What the players and coaches said in terms of his impact to the team. In the end, what did he win? Nothing. He lost 7-1 to AS Roma B. Talebi beat the US 2-1. Which one is respected more for what they contributed to TM?

Queiroz built our team, gave us a discipline which was a world away from our deimi bezan ziresh football of the past and laid strong foundations for our football in a number of areas. In practice, most of us will remember that. Because we will attribute how we started playing like a well-drilled side which gained the respect of fans and pundits worldwide to Queiroz, he was the first one to do it.
                I remember Ivic for not being given a chance. Talebi for being at the right place at the right time. One thing I do not associate with Quieroz is discipline. That last match was what counted the most and true colours were revealed. I remember Quieroz for defense only and not sure much else... even that was not a bright side against Japan. If you can't score you cannot win...plain and simple.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk

Comment

One thing I do not associate with Quieroz is discipline.
                  Agha, we must have very very different ideas of football.

In the stadia watching Iran play it as the absolutely POLAR opposite compared to Iran of previous years, the way the team moved together, the way they covered their lines. It needs a special degree of understanding and practice to work so well together. That every player was fulfilling a role.

It's not just me dude, lots of non-Iranians were commenting on how disciplined the Iranian unit was. I genuinely struggle to believe anyone can not have noticed how differently Iran as a whole played compared to the previous 2-3 decades...?

Comment

Agha, we must have very very different ideas of football.

In the stadia watching Iran play it as the absolutely POLAR opposite compared to Iran of previous years, the way the team moved together, the way they covered their lines. It needs a special degree of understanding and practice to work so well together. That every player was fulfilling a role.

It's not just me dude, lots of non-Iranians were commenting on how disciplined the Iranian unit was. I genuinely struggle to believe anyone can not have noticed how differently Iran as a whole played compared to the previous 2-3 decades...?
                    In Asia there is only one truly disciplined team...Japan. TM under Quieroz could play at the level of Argentina one day and lose to Vietnam in dramatic fashion the next day. Queiroz constant willingness to engage in hashish and his teams lack of composure game in game out is not my definition of discipline. Discipline is more than 90 min.

Comment

In Asia there is only one truly disciplined team...Japan. TM under Quieroz could play at the level of Argentina one day and lose to Vietnam in dramatic fashion the next day. Queiroz constant willingness to engage in hashish and his teams lack of composure game in game out is not my definition of discipline. Discipline is more than 90 min.
                      His team was more composed, much more composed than previous teams.

"Quieroz could play at the level of Argentina one day and lose to Vietnam in dramatic fashion"

I disagree very strongly with this. The landmark of Queiroz is that he didn't do this, whereas predecessors did. For once we were truly dominant and consistent in our Asian results. We kept more clean sheets and didn't have a competitive loss in Asia for longer than ever before.

I think you are mixing up Queiroz with his predecessors. He was the opposite of what you are saying compared to them. It is worrying how short memories people have.

https://www.economist.com/game-theor...asian-football

"16 matches played, not a single loss, 34 goals scored, just three conceded" (2 conceded when we had already qualified). Never had we performed like this before.

Comment

His team was more composed, much more composed than previous teams.

"Quieroz could play at the level of Argentina one day and lose to Vietnam in dramatic fashion"

I disagree very strongly with this. The landmark of Queiroz is that he didn't do this, whereas predecessors did. For once we were truly dominant and consistent in our Asian results. We kept more clean sheets and didn't have a competitive loss in Asia for longer than ever before.

I think you are mixing up Queiroz with his predecessors. He was the opposite of what you are saying compared to them. It is worrying how short memories people have.
                        Oh I'm sorry I didn't know Asia was the standard that satisfied your football expectations. Hmmm in that case you are spot on! Btw when did Japan (arguably Asia's best performer in last 10-15 years) leave Asia? I missed that bit of news.

Comment

After 2013, TM didn't really have any bad losses. After the loss to Lebanon in 2012, I couldn't find any really bad losses in there. The draw to Turkmenistan was bad too, but that's like one bad result out 20 or so consistent performances.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_n...10%E2%80%9319)

Comment

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know Asia was the standard that satisfied your football expectations. Hmmm in that case you are spot on! Btw when did Japan (arguably Asia's best performer in last 10-15 years) leave Asia? I missed that bit of news.
                            I don't understand your statement.

In any case you are the onetalking about playing well against Argentina and losing against Vietnam. I was just responding to that, because it is just absolute BS - he was much less likely to lose to the likes of Vietnam than his predecessors. Do you dispute this? If so, who had a better record?

Comment

Funny thing is that before CQ, there was games where we would struggle against the likes of Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Uzbekistan. With CQ in charge especially after 2014, I felt very comfortable against ANY Asian country not named Japan.

Comment

Working...
                              X