No announcement yet.

TM Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it would really suck if ARJ gholi and ezza might miss the first one or two matches but you guys need to relax. This is hopefully gonna be a long tournament and the mentioned ones would only miss the first two "easier" games against yemen and vietnam. Iraq is the team they are competing for for the first spot and that game is january 16 so in 3 1/2 week. im sure by then our players should be able to play especially eza and ARJ.

We got enough depth in the sqaud. in the CM position especially against weaker team we still have masoud,amiri, ashkan,karimi and for the winfs torabi,ghoddos,taremi and ansarifard.

Comment

we only need to worry about Iraq and then worry about quarters or even semi, cause till then we can handle any team

Comment

The best part of our current squad is the depth of talent. In the past, if a single striker/midfielder/defender would get injured, there would be a month long mourning process among the fans. These days, we can have 1-2 players in each position be injured and still have an excellent back up. This is, among others, one of the most important aspects of CQ's TM transformation. No single TM player is absolutely critical, but as part of a whole team, each player can make a significant contribution.

Comment

There is always a silver lining. If CQ keeps Gholizadeh, ARJ and Ezzetollahi because they will only miss the first two matches against Yemen and Vietnam, they have a better chance of peaking at the right time deeper into the tournament. Also, there is Torabi who has been amazing lately both at IPL and Hazfee matches for Saipa and his appearances for TM where he has shown that he is hungry to score. Also, I have been impressed with both Alipour's and Noorollahi's discipline and team spirit at PP matches. I think they could both step up and contribute as winger and DM respectively if CQ picks them for the final 23 due to injuries. I am not too worried. There is enough talent pool to carry us through.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            The best part of our current squad is the depth of talent. In the past, if a single striker/midfielder/defender would get injured, there would be a month long mourning process among the fans. These days, we can have 1-2 players in each position be injured and still have an excellent back up. This is, among others, one of the most important aspects of CQ's TM transformation. No single TM player is absolutely critical, but as part of a whole team, each player can make a significant contribution.
            Well said diz jaan. That is truly one of the aspects of the transformation that CQ has brought about. I think the other key person who goes unacknowledged is Taj. Before he became the head of IFF and when he was managing the league organization he met with CQ and asked him what he could do to improve the league and increase the chance of IPL players making it to TM. CQ gave him metrics on the average distance run by IPL players (being too low) and the age average (being too high) and said you need to change this. Taj put in motion specific changes that decreased the age average and increased the distance run. I think those key changes (plus more focus on younger TM age groups and planning) facilitated younger players making it to Europe and more players from IPL becoming TM candidates. It is so joyous to know that we have a deep talent pool at this juncture in the history of Iranian football.

Go TM!

Comment

Is Moharammi still injured too?
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Word..!

Comment

Going off of CQ’s interview today, it seems Moharrami is also injured.

Comment

Injury update:

Video: https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol/st...78347134709760

Comment

The unfortunate aspect is the injuries themselves but it's not entirely grim for a number of reasons.

1. Of the four mentioned players, only Ezatolahi is a fixture in our starting XI. While Gholizadeh and Moharrami may be in-form, and while Kaveh had a fantastic season in Belgium last year, none of them are fixtures in our starting XI nor do any of them have experience in major tournaments. Gholizadeh was taken as a 24th player to Russia but that's about it. In the absence of Moharrami, we already have Ghafouri and Rezaeian, while in the absence of Gholizadeh and Rezaei, we have the likes of Azmoun, Taremi, Ansarifard, Jahanbakhsh, and Torabi. Of course, the inclusion of the aforementioned 3 players will make our team better but they are not necessarily the foundational players of the squad either.

2. Building on point 1, if the injured players will be able to recover in time for the tournament, there is no immediate rush to play them. In an ideal world, we will finish first in our group and be paired with one of Lebanon/North Korea/Oman/Jordan/Syria in the R16. Barring another crazy incident (this is the AFC after all), we should be able to comfortably make the QF. This means that the players have until Jan 20th to be match ready.

When I make squad predictions, I normally try to take my own preferences out and see it through the eyes of the manager. This is how I think it will pan out:

Included 100%: Beiranvand | H. Hosseini | Abedzadeh | Hajsafi | Mohammadi | Pouraliganji | M. Hosseini | Montazeri | Rezaeian | Shojaei | Dejagah | Jahanbakhsh | Amiri | Ebrahimi | Ezatolahi | Ghoddos | Torabi | Ansarifard | Azmoun | Taremi

In Between: Ghafouri or Moharammi (Moharammi if healthy) | Gholizadeh will be included if healthy | Khanzadeh or Cheshmi (both if Gholizadeh remains injured)

Leaning Towards Getting Dropped: Rezaei | Kanaani

CQ Will 100% Drop: Niazmand | Alipour | Karimi | Aghaei
                      Last edited by K. Nader; 12-22-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

A few months ago we had great hopes for winning the Asian Cup
                        With all injuries side issues and political environment in Iran

Unfortunately I have a feeling of failure in semi fauna
                        Hopefully I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          So say if Rezaei and/or Gholi get dropped due to injury does Alipour make it in the squad?

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                            A few months ago we had great hopes for winning the Asian Cup
                            With all injuries side issues and political environment in Iran

Unfortunately I have a feeling of failure in semi fauna
                            Hopefully I am wrong
                            I hope you’re wrong too!

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                              The unfortunate aspect is the injuries themselves but it's not entirely grim for a number of reasons.

1. Of the four mentioned players, only Ezatolahi is a fixture in our starting XI. While Gholizadeh and Moharrami may be in-form, and while Kaveh had a fantastic season in Belgium last year, none of them are fixtures in our starting XI nor do any of them have experience in major tournaments. Gholizadeh was taken as a 24th player to Russia but that's about it. In the absence of Moharrami, we already have Ghafouri and Rezaeian, while in the absence of Gholizadeh and Rezaei, we have the likes of Azmoun, Taremi, Ansarifard, Jahanbakhsh, and Torabi. Of course, the inclusion of the aforementioned 3 players will make our team better but they are not necessarily the foundational players of the squad either.

2. Building on point 1, if the injured players will be able to recover in time for the tournament, there is no immediate rush to play them. In an ideal world, we will finish first in our group and be paired with one of Lebanon/North Korea/Oman/Jordan/Syria in the R16. Barring another crazy incident (this is the AFC after all), we should be able to comfortably make the QF. This means that the players have until Jan 20th to be match ready.

When I make squad predictions, I normally try to take my own preferences out and see it through the eyes of the manager. This is how I think it will pan out:

Included 100%: Beiranvand | H. Hosseini | Abedzadeh | Hajsafi | Mohammadi | Pouraliganji | M. Hosseini | Montazeri | Rezaeian | Shojaei | Dejagah | Jahanbakhsh | Amiri | Ebrahimi | Ezatolahi | Ghoddos | Torabi | Ansarifard | Azmoun | Taremi

In Between: Ghafouri or Moharammi (Moharammi if healthy) | Gholizadeh will be included if healthy | Khanzadeh or Cheshmi (both if Gholizadeh remains injured)

Leaning Towards Getting Dropped: Rezaei | Kanaani

CQ Will 100% Drop: Niazmand | Alipour | Karimi | Aghaei
                              I don't think Niazmand is 100% getting dropped.

Comment

Ezatolahi will join TM training this evening in Doha.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bruckh9B...=1j11197bd156t

Comment

Working...
                                X