Asian Cup 2019: Path to Success - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian Cup 2019: Path to Success

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,141 Times in 7,314 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Seems Omar Abdulrahman tore his ACL - if it is true, he will be out of Asian Cup.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,136 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehranto View Post
    Seems Omar Abdulrahman tore his ACL - if it is true, he will be out of Asian Cup.
    What team/nation is he from?

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,931 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    What team/nation is he from?
    UAE he sucks anyways

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persiangodfather For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,231 Times in 4,163 Posts
    AbdulRahman is one of the best players in Asia only Iranians will say otherwise lol. Even then though, UAE would not be a team for us to fear. No team in Asia is for that matter - we have to prove we are the best by lifting the trophy in January no excuses this time!
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavian View Post
    There is a chance we meet Saudi in the semi-final of Asian Cup.
    I hope we do
    I love to see IRAN score 6 against them
    That would just as good as winning the tournament
    Just kidding
    Nothing matters except championship

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,434 Times in 5,007 Posts
    I dont know why people are adamant that if we dont win the trophy its a failure, and then many people say CQ would deserve to be let go.

Football doesnt work like this. Nobody has an inherent right to lift a trohpy. I never heard iranians talking like this for the past 40 PLUS YEARS that we never won asian cup.

Like last time, anything can happen.

For me, Japan are the favorites, with us behind them, followed by S. Korea and Australia. I think that the bare minimum requirement for this team given the way the brackets are lined up is semi finals. There we will meet Japan or Australia, and anything can happen. Personally I fancy us vs Australia, but think Japan will be very dangerous and difficult, although their tactics do play into our hands more.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    I dont know why people are adamant that if we dont win the trophy its a failure, and then many people say CQ would deserve to be let go.

Football doesnt work like this. Nobody has an inherent right to lift a trohpy. I never heard iranians talking like this for the past 40 PLUS YEARS that we never won asian cup.

Like last time, anything can happen.

For me, Japan are the favorites, with us behind them, followed by S. Korea and Australia. I think that the bare minimum requirement for this team given the way the brackets are lined up is semi finals. There we will meet Japan or Australia, and anything can happen. Personally I fancy us vs Australia, but think Japan will be very dangerous and difficult, although their tactics do play into our hands more.
    baba Ayvalla, at last some common sense.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beevee For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I dont know why people are adamant that if we dont win the trophy its a failure.
    True, anything can happen in football (case in point, Iraq winning the continental championship). However, I think many (yours truly included) have high expectations of TM this time, given that we have so many young, promising players spread all over Europe and doing good work for their clubs. We also have a seasoned, level-headed coach who knows what he's doing, and finally we have a federation that at least is trying to do some good (namely Taj, with new training field, some decent friendlies, showing interest in outcomes).

If you put all those variables together, with the drought for 40 years...yes, the expectations are high of our beloved TM and CQ.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,434 Times in 5,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    True, anything can happen in football (case in point, Iraq winning the continental championship). However, I think many (yours truly included) have high expectations of TM this time, given that we have so many young, promising players spread all over Europe and doing good work for their clubs. We also have a seasoned, level-headed coach who knows what he's doing, and finally we have a federation that at least is trying to do some good (namely Taj, with new training field, some decent friendlies, showing interest in outcomes).

If you put all those variables together, with the drought for 40 years...yes, the expectations are high of our beloved TM and CQ.
    high expectation is one thing. We all have high expectations for this crop. But this pre-defining of what is success for us being limited to ONLY winning the cup, and anything else is a failure and proof that CQ is overrated and overpayed, is going to create added pressure and not the ideal environment for TM to succeed. Like I said, getting to semi final is the bare minimum for me. We really should top the group and beat the likes of uzbekistan and china that we meet in the following rounds. But, meeting Japan or Aussie in semi final is a big big game. Im sure TM would give a good performance, but in these big tight games anything can happen.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    high expectation is one thing. We all have high expectations for this crop. But this pre-defining of what is success for us being limited to ONLY winning the cup, and anything else is a failure and proof that CQ is overrated and overpayed, is going to create added pressure and not the ideal environment for TM to succeed. Like I said, getting to semi final is the bare minimum for me. We really should top the group and beat the likes of uzbekistan and china that we meet in the following rounds. But, meeting Japan or Aussie in semi final is a big big game. Im sure TM would give a good performance, but in these big tight games anything can happen.
    As you noted in my post, I have nothing negative to say about our boys or CQ, only respect. So while there are some on this forum who call for heads rolling any time we don't win a match, there are others who fully support the team and coach, but still have our hearts set on some spectacular results!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.