Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 537

+ Reply to Thread
Page 537 of 548 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 5480

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,913 Times in 1,944 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    God i F****** hate this team. ARJ was destined to fail in this system. When your tokhmi center back Lewis Dunk is taking your free kicks then you know your team sucks. "knuckleball" my ass. Edersons garbage as well.

Even Messi or Maradona would struggle on this bezan ziresh no football IQ style of football... What can you do when you get the ball once or twice a game and half the time its a Ali Asghari clearance?? At least ARJ is 5'11, Maradona's 5'5 ass wouldn't even get a chance on the ball Can't wait for their fans to shit on Jahanbakhsh instead of their golden boy Knoeckart who played 10x worse or literally any other Brighton player.

Brighton fans also have a huge grandpa fetish for their two retirement home players in Bruno and Murray. As good as they've been in their past history, they are both just way too slow for this level. Murray had a good game today though, but laughable if they expect him to start again next year.

Anyways I'm done ranting. Just wish things were different for Ali. He's such a great guy I hate to see him in this position. One of the only Brighton player to support the local charity day of kids with down syndrome. As much as CH has done for this team, I think his time is up too... I think Brighton should take a look at a new system of tactics. Ship off overrated Lewis Dunk for some cash, say adieu to Knoeckart, Murray, Grandpa Dale Stephens, Bruno, and instead, build on young talent like Bissouma, Bernardo, Jahanbakhsh and hopefully a few decent YOUNG signings for next year.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,658 Times in 5,429 Posts
    it looks unlikely but i really think BHA need to dump CH in offseason if they desired anything but another perpetual relegation fight for next season..!!

CH seems to be awful invested and pretty much set in his ultra conservative and unambitious playing tactics..!! highly doubt he would change either even with wealth of more attacking options added to his squad during summer ..!

Alireza's probable improvements for next season are sure to be incremental if not marginal if if CH is kept on and same ol chicken shitt playing antics of him is allowed to persist..!

ARJ considering his contract and price tag is unlikely to become a bit player or not given many more chances next season by any other manager in charge of BHA ..!

regardless of coaching change, BHA need to inject some youth and pace into their side for next season especially on the MF and attacking front..!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,392 Posts
    I haven't followed the discussions here but JB cannot be given the worst grade in this game or else something is definitely wrong.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,414 Posts
    ARJ actually had a great first half. He had the only two non-set piece shots. The first was beautiful but just a foot wide. The second was deflected by a defender and led directly to the corner that BHA scored. He did his job defensively. He worked hard to get open on offense, but without much service. He tried numerous times for give-and-go, without much reciprocity. The story of BHA this season. Hoping for better coaching, teamwork, and confidence next season.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

Editor in Chief, PFDC Website
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 11,394 Times in 3,461 Posts
    Also very happy with ARJ's performance today. Just rewatched the first half and there was barely a scene where any winger could have done better. These stats and rating things are sometimes highly suspicious. Looking at Locadia's stats and rating vs. Alireza's is pretty much a proof it's a fluke.

Overall he had an unimpressive season though. Really playing safety first too much in a team that is ultra-defensive. Plus a lot of unnecesarry errors, which he thankfully got under control towards the end of the season.

Remembering his first very unimpressive season at AZ and where he went from there, I am optimistic for his future at Brighton!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin-Reza For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I think ARJ was subbed off because of tactical changes, don't think it was "personal".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to happydoggo For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,654 Times in 2,137 Posts
    Jahanbakhsh did well. Some of his defensive repositioning was a little slow but how can anyone really blame him for that when he has to basically be at the edge of his teams box.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

diz

Thanks
    Didn't watch the game, but I'm happy to hear he did well. I'm sure it was a great "F off" to all his critics.

The people who slice and dice the kid via "statistics" and "ratings" don't know wtf they're talking about. It's not plug and play. It's football.

The team's tactics, being in a new environment, first year being in the world's toughest soccer league, will significantly affect a player's performance on the field.

Without a doubt, ARJ's ceiling is MUCH higher than any Brighton player. It's not even close.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Prowess For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

Brighton & Hove Albion 1 Manchester City 4

Congrats to Man City.

They proved themselves the best team this season.

Five half chances and four goals.
    vs BHA, four half chances and one goal: Murray 1-0, Jahanbakhsh (cf. Mahrez), Dunk (cf. Gudogan), Duffy (cf. Laporte)

Atmosphere was a bit like a testimonial, but City still had to be clinical. Nervous first 27 minutes from City.

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,380 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    I haven't followed the discussions here but JB cannot be given the worst grade in this game or else something is definitely wrong.
    I can't figure out the algorithm on Whoscored or sofascore because it shows him as statistically better for most of the key indices than the players who scored better than him.

Again a lot of negative comments on the BHA forum which I don't think are warranted. I thought he showed class quite a few times in the game and I'm not sure it's just my Iranian-tinted spectacles

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 592

You do not have permission to view the list of names.