Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 332

+ Reply to Thread
Page 332 of 548 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,072 Times in 1,194 Posts
    I had a feeling that they would review that hit by Andone. It was one of those real dirty plays. Kind of like Ezatolahis stump vs Korea, where he got hit first and then retaliated.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    I had a feeling that they would review that hit by Andone. It was one of those real dirty plays. Kind of like Ezatolahis stump vs Korea, where he got hit first and then retaliated.
    Telephoto lens made it look much worse than it was. I've seen huge distortions before. Yellow card only.

Battle in the first leg as Andone was quicker.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    This would be the obvious selection. About the same as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] as well. Sub @ 66-71 mins. 0-0 draw.
    x = Stephens
    Expected subs: Button, Bernardo, Burn, Bissouma, Knockaert, Izquierdo, Andone or Jahanbakhsh
    I would guess there would be a change of plan to try and beat the deadlock.
    Brighton have not scored at home for five hours. Locadia got a fortunate goal vs Everton. Another two hours for the one before that, another fortunate one by Locadia vs Arsenal. The most likely reason was the absence of Pascal Groß.

Team vs Burnley

Albion (4-3-3): Ryan; Montoya, Duffy, Dunk, Bong; Gross, Stephens, Propper; March, Murray, Locadia. #bhafc

Albion subs: Button, Kayal, Bissouma, Knockaert, Jahanbakhsh, Bernardo, Burn. #bhafc

‏ @AndyNaylorArgus

PS: Empty seat as I could not make the match through illness. I will watch it on TV.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 Times in 971 Posts

PS: Empty seat as I could not make the match through illness. I will watch it on TV.
    Hope you feel better soon!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TM4LIFE For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Anyone have a good link to watch the game? Can't find anything good...

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    get well soon!
    A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eliz3p For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Eredivisie allows wingers far too much room and hardly compares to the Championship. WBA match should be a good opportunity for Jahanbakhsh.
    Agreed

If I was money bags, I would've tended to try and get the current wingers to use their weaker feet and save £17 million.
    I don't think that is a realistic aim for senior players from a caoching perspective, but maybe it's something that can be done with younger players. You'd also have to be sure that the football club would be wedded to inverted wingers 5-10 years from now.

Out and out touchline wingers are redundant in modern football, the role given to wing-backs.
    I brought up the winger thing because when JB is asked to play RW/RM for Iran / Brighton he is not playing as much in the spaces he thrived in while he was in Holland; he is forced to operate from deeper which give him more of the classic wide man duties; playing / chasing low % direct passes. He tries to play some neat combinations in those areas and then gets forward, but he doesn't carry the ball forward from there too well. He doesn't deliver many great winding crosses bending from deep (I recall his assist for Azmoun vs Algeria and one two similar crosses at AZ, but most of his succesful crosses at AZ were cutbacks or along the ground with pace). I take your point about space in the Eredevisie, but he also played in a team that was contending for European places; they were looking to dictate the game rather than react to it, and so he was inhabiting the final third much more, and not by himself either. When he is asked to play in a more reactionary system, he'll work hard, but he won't put up as many numbers. That's why his numbers for Iran aren't good despite playing Asian opposition.

Goals and assists aren't all he offers, of course, but if he was brought to Brighton to deliver those numbers then - unless there is a change in Brighton's system or a JB experiences a metamorphosis as a footballer - the hand doesn't match the glove, I'm afraid. On the other hand Brighton were interested in Jahanbakhsh back when he was at NEC and they were in the Championship, so Brighton have been looking at him for a long time. I can't imagine there aren't some specific plans for him that just haven't come to fruition this season because of his injuries in November / December and the Asian Cup in January. Chris Hughton said as much in one of his press conferences I think "You won't see the best of him until maybe the end of this season or until next season".

That's the one hope I have really, Brighton seems to have patient and competent forward-thinkers in charge.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bandar Hamal For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    In other words, 11 changes from the FA Cup starting XI vs WBA, but, not of course, the finishing XI.

Izquierdo is not yet fit enough after injury, and Andone is banned for 3 games.

Cardiff win has drawn both clubs back into the relegation scrap.

Barnes and Wood (strikers) used to play for Brighton as well as reserve left back Stephen Ward.

KO......

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 Times in 971 Posts
    Brighton unlucky not to score in the first 5 minutes

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    March is looking decent!

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.