Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019 - Page 31

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 548 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131531 ... LastLast

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,954 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Joon View Post
    Also should be noted that he's the 2nd Iranian football product to play in the premier league, last one being Ando 10 years ago
    yea i suppose bagheri and our forever-young, 16 year old prodigy Kaabi's short stints dont really count..!!?
    or they were in Championship rather than EPL..!!?

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia View Post
    We also had Kaebi, unfortunately he never really got a chance to play much! I don't know if you count Dejagah also, he did a fantastic job!
    Dejagha was definitely more a product of German football, so he wouldnt count...!

point is that as a nation, we simply have not faired well in EPL ..!

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 5,012 Times in 1,503 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
    Indeed and thats what I hate about AFC!
    first they changed the pattern that we had till AFC 2004, and went to 07, 11, 15, and 19; reason “not to overlap with UEFA !?!
    and then they changed the cup from a late summer event into a spring event, reason “to please Persian Gulf nations and avoid events in hot weather” !?! idk, ppl can argue abt this but I wished the old format would be back. Yes I understand playing in UAE in hot summer is not desirable, but AFC can coordinate better with sister confederations UEFA and elsewhere for better arrangements... my two cents...
    Fully agree. There is possibly an imperative that could make the movement of AC back to summer a reality: WC 2022 Qatar dates are November 21 to December 18, making it almost impossible to hold another major confederation tournament in early January 2023. AFC pretty much has to move to summer 2022 or 2023. Then people in AFC could push for movement back to early summer and allow alternating exceptions if the games are held in Persian Gulf states.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Futbaldoost For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,475 Times in 8,953 Posts
    I'm curious what the manager and Brighton fans will think of Jahanbakhsh being possibly with TM for entire January and even a part of February, assuming we make a deep run in the tournament and he needs recovery time as well.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,375 Times in 5,250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarash View Post
    I'm curious what the manager and Brighton fans will think of Jahanbakhsh being possibly with TM for entire January and even a part of February, assuming we make a deep run in the tournament and he needs recovery time as well.
    I think they will all book their tickets and come with Ali to UAE for a long winter holiday
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarash View Post
    We have Ryan there with Australia too. It is not ideal losing players during the season but we'll wish him well and hope he doesn't get injured.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seagull For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
    Indeed and thats what I hate about AFC!
    first they changed the pattern that we had till AFC 2004, and went to 07, 11, 15, and 19; reason “not to overlap with UEFA !?!
    and then they changed the cup from a late summer event into a spring event, reason “to please Persian Gulf nations and avoid events in hot weather” !?! idk, ppl can argue abt this but I wished the old format would be back. Yes I understand playing in UAE in hot summer is not desirable, but AFC can coordinate better with sister confederations UEFA and elsewhere for better arrangements... my two cents...
    also dividing the group and play-off Stages of ACL by a long summer Transfer season, is there to guarantee that Iranian teams will stand very Little, if any chance ever reaching the Final..!!
    it just favors the Rich Ayrab clubs who make all the necessary playing personel adjustments during the break to counter the only Iranian side capable of making a deep run by either ravaging their key talent in transfer season or spend big box addressing their shortcoming and of course it also caters East Asian/Aussie teams scheduling...!
    thats why i dont even bother following that tourney, knowing ultimately its simply a lost cause for iranian clubs !!

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,658 Times in 7,742 Posts
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

His agent Hashemi confirms the fee was 25 million EU, 22 Million Pounds. Also leicester came in at the last minute with a massive bid, with much better financial offer, but ARJ had his mind made up.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,143 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

His agent Hashemi confirms the fee was 25 million EU, 22 Million Pounds. Also leicester came in at the last minute with a massive bid, with much better financial offer, but ARJ had his mind made up.
    I think he thought he could pishraft more at Brighton ... bigger fish in a smaller pond.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tehranto For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehranto View Post
    I think he thought he could pishraft more at Brighton ... bigger fish in a smaller pond.
    I also think Jahanbakhsh has class. He didn't want to screw over Brighton who were being so up front and gracious with him. A little extra money isn't worth it. He made the right decision IMO. Jahanbakhsh is pure class.

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Farbod For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.