No announcement yet.

Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azmoun could potentially break the record but for that TM should arrange alot more games, while in reality they barely play any games.

Comment

CR7 will easily break that record considering Euros are coming up soon plus the Nations League gives them more games on the schedule. He's been scoring more goals as he ages.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Copa90/status/1303723563669762048
        copa 90 twitter account, with200k followers (they do all sort of football shows across the world looking at fan culture, tactics pieces with big coaches, etc) just posted this long thread on Ali daei that closed with...

"Ali Daei's historic record will likely be broken by Ronaldo, but his legacy will live on forever. Long Live King Ali. "

Comment

We, as a nation and footballing community, need to change tact and embrace the lists which include women's football, in which Daei comes in at 8th top international goalscorer. This, in turn, not only lessens CR's achievements when he does beat it but also shines the light at us as being a modern progressive mamlekat which strives for equality and fairness #2020woke #blm #undercovermeninwomenTM

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            We, as a nation and footballing community, need to change tact and embrace the lists which include women's football, in which Daei comes in at 8th top international goalscorer. This, in turn, not only lessens CR's achievements when he does beat it but also shines the light at us as being a modern progressive mamlekat which strives for equality and fairness #2020woke #blm #undercovermeninwomenTM
            If that’d be the case, we’d have men and women both playing together side by side on the same team. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Barring catastrophic injury it is guaranteed Ronaldo breaks Daeis record. Even if he is 40+ years old, Portugal will set up friendlies for him to get the record. It is a given at this point, may as well accept it. He deserves it, although I will say, some make fun of Daei for scoring against countries like maldives, but ratio wise Iran to maldives is probably the same as Portugal to luxembourg, it is not like Ronaldo hasnt gotten tons of goals against crap european teams too

Comment

Well it's not like Daei stopped playing for TM when he turned 33. He also went on playing until he was 37. It's a shame that he only started playing at 25, making him have less games than Ronaldo.

Still I like the fact that he is under the spotlights now. People all over the world now see what he has achieved.

Comment

If/When CR7 breaks Daei's record, Daei will still (always) be the first person in the entire WORLD that cracked the century mark. No one (including CR7) can take that away from him. #Daeididitfirst

Comment

Ronaldo is an amazing player and surely will break Daei’s record. We should gracefully accept that, knowing that it will not take anything away from our legend. Especially when we take all of the below stats into consideration:

Ronaldo started playing for national team at the age of 18
                    While Daei started playing for national team at the age of 25

Ronaldo has had 165 (2003-current) national team caps
                    While Daei had 149 (1993-2006) national team caps

Ronaldo has so far played for 17 years for Portugal’s national team
                    While Daei played 13 years

Ratio-wise strength of Iran’s opponents would have equaled that of Portugal’s

Nevertheless Daei’s name as result has recently been revived, re-lived and acknowledged in the world!

Comment

Ronaldo scored 2 more AMAZING goals against Sweden including a beautiful freekick. Just wow this guy will definitely break Daei's record.
                      Last edited by webmaster; 09-11-2020, 09:34 AM.
                      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I think the ratio of goals to caps should also be considered. Daei has a better ratio (109/149) than Ronaldo (99/164) and Sandor Kocsis of Hungary (75 goals / 68 caps) has the best goals to caps ratio of the top 20.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          Ronaldo is an amazing player and surely will break Daei’s record. We should gracefully accept that, knowing that it will not take anything away from our legend. Especially when we take all of the below stats into consideration:

Ronaldo started playing for national team at the age of 18
                          While Daei started playing for national team at the age of 25

Ronaldo has had 165 (2003-current) national team caps
                          While Daei had 149 (1993-2006) national team caps

Ronaldo has so far played for 17 years for Portugal’s national team
                          While Daei played 13 years

Ratio-wise strength of Iran’s opponents would have equaled that of Portugal’s

Nevertheless Daei’s name as result has recently been revived, re-lived and acknowledged in the world!

come one.... besides japan, south korea, saudi arabia... (australia wasn't in the AFC yet) all teams in AFC were really weak.

it is true that europe also got weak teams like san marino etc. but in general europe have way more better teams than asia. and dont forget ronaldo scored a lot of his goals against big teams like spain, holland, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
                            come one.... besides japan, south korea, saudi arabia... (australia wasn't in the AFC yet) all teams in AFC were really weak.

it is true that europe also got weak teams like san marino etc. but in general europe have way more better teams than asia. and dont forget ronaldo scored a lot of his goals against big teams like spain, holland, etc.
                            This is precisely why I thought it would be an AFC player that would break his record. The best teams in Europe are World Cup champions. The best teams in AFC are the equivalent of mid table European teams. The worst teams in AFC are simply pashm.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

King

Comment

CR7 did not score today in the friendly against Spain. In fact, no one did as it ended 0-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X