No announcement yet.

Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronaldo should have had a goal that was called off. even UEFA has its shortcomings as much as we like to make fun of AFC in here

dont worry Cris, I'm sure the goals will come pouring in against luxembourg and azerbaijan. this is why I dont make fun of or discredit daei for scoring all those goals against Daei. How many times has Azmoun or a different striker scored 4 goals against Korea?

Comment

Ronaldo was very upset. Did you see his reaction?
      I don't think he reacts like that only becsuse of the robbed two points. Let's be honest. Portugal will anyway top this group and qualify directly if nothing shocking happens.

He's mainly upset as he knows that he needs to score eight goals in order to pass Daei. He aims certainly to break Daei's record during this summer's EURO tournament. It would give him just the perfect spot light. Breaking the record in 2022 in a meaningless friendly against the likes of Andorra isn't that fullfilling for him.

Comment

Well the stories of him showing signs of getting old can ho back to the fridge.. just beat the defender on speed and scored a goal (that didn't count) in the 93rd minute.

It's fun though that through Ronaldo Daei is in the spotlights now for at least a year and who knows for how much longer.I

Comment

Wow, he really was robbed.

Comment

How many time the opposite team he played was robbed? Real, juventus (we saw it two weeks ago)are referee darlings, not to mention iran/portugal when he should have been sent off.

I just hope he won't get a penaldo in the next game

Comment

I’m not a Ronaldo fan and not cheering him on to break Daei’s record. But that was clearly goal and Portugal were robbed from a deserved 3 pts. Really poor officiating. Also, isn’t it goal line technology supposed to catch that? How the hell do I see the whole ball has crossed the line but the referees and the A.I. don’t catch it? Lol.

Comment

^ VAR is not used for FIFA qualifications (cause how else can you influence the out comes ) and the usage of goal line technology depends on the hosting country whether they (want to) have it or not. The visiting team has to agree but all visitors agree so.....

Comment

Portugal losing 1-0 against Luxembourg

Comment

Ronaldo scored.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Tough year for Ronaldo. Knocked out by Taremi's team in the CL. Lost the Scudetto. And now they are in a serious battle for the CL places. It might be a very big thing if Juve miss out on the CL.

Since ever he spoked in public about Daei's record he's cursed. His ego got the better of him. If you watch him in Portugal he hasn't played for the success of the team anymore. He cares only about the record.

I guess he dreams on breaking Daei's record at the EUROs. As it stands he is 6 goals short of Daei. Portugal will play two build up friendlies against Spain and Israel. Can only see him getting a couple against Israel if anything.

At the EUROs Portugal is in the group of death with France, Germany and Hungary. Contrary to popular belief Hungary will put up at the very least a very good fight against all teams. I go as far and say that they'll qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams, sending Ronaldo's Portugal home very early on.

Portugal will lose every game at the EUROs. They'll score not more than two goals. Ronaldo will once again have a very disappointing showing at a major tournament. Nothing new there.

It's just that his ego is currently destroying the Portugal NT. And if you got drawn in the group of death there's no room for this. Portugal will flop so hard. Mark my words.

Daei will keep his record longer than we all thought.

Comment

What if he doesn't retire after the Euro?

Comment

He won't retire until he gets this record. He is all about records. If he has to play one game against Liechtenstein or San Marino or whomever to get the record, the Portuguese FA will get him the friendly.

Comment

CR7 will easily break the record and probably get it closer to 120 if I had to guess to where it becomes unbreakable at that point.
                            As much as I never wanted this record to be broken, it's good that it's at least a player on the caliber of CR7 and not something lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                              What if he doesn't retire after the Euro?
                              Chances are pretty much zero that he retires from the NT after the EUROs. His ego is just too big. He will insist on having the World Cup 2022 as his farewell tournament.
                              There's two possible scenario that would keep him away from breaking Daei's record.

1) A long-term injury.
                              2) If this predicted disaster materialises (and he performed himself poorly at the tournament) and he gets pointed as responsable person for the failure by media and fans he might face a lot of pressure. Fernando Santos could get forced to step down or he gets the sack. Under a new manager who recognises that Ronaldo is getting a burden on Portugal's collective performance rather than being an asset he could get excluded by the new NT manager. In this case the new coach would need strong balls. Maybe he would use Ronaldo in meaningless friendlies against minnows so Ronaldo can get the record but even that might be not guaranteed.

Comment

Fun fact. Ronaldo has never scored on France or Germany in his career. His stats against some of the biggest nations are underwhelming. These teams are strong as a collective and they manage to pocket CR7. Wouldn't be surprised at all if France and Germany shut him down again like in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X