Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidence we can be a football powerhouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidence we can be a football powerhouse.

Futsal is the root of football. That is where football starts. Futsal is that same street football kids play on the streets. That is where greatest footballers discover their feet and passion for football and move on to entertain the world football lovers with their skills and earn great money while doing that. In fact to find who and which nation is great at football you must look at futsal. And we the Iranians have been the undisputed champions of our continent year in year out since that championship started. We are currently ranked no 6 in the world. This is a good evidence that we have great footballers and we are a great football nation just like Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Spain. We are right there among these top football powerhouses there in terms of actual players skills. What we lack for our football is that proper infrastructure, good and plenty facilities all over the country, and support (from the government and parents).
    I believe it is this fact that spurs great and greatest coaches to belive in our footballers and stay to achieve what we truly deserve to achieve, i.e to be always either in the quarter finals or semi finals or even the final of the world cup.

futsal ranking.png
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Hmm. But Kazakhstan is good at futsal and horrible at football

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
      Hmm. But Kazakhstan is good at futsal and horrible at football
      Stop trolling. ""Kazakhstan is good at futsal and horrible at football""". Read the entire post before trolling. Do they have proper infrastructure, good facilities, and support? Probably less so that Iran.
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic

Comment

Same as Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan. Fact is Futsal is way more popular in these countries than lets say Holland. There is almost no resources put into Futsal in most countries, making it possible for us to compete (same as beach football etc.). But even if you watch futsal you'll notice that we lack the technical style of play and passing of these top teams, but somehow we manage to win anyways (cleverness?).
        Any country with great infrastructure and love for football that has a population above 15 million could in theory be a powerhouse. It's getting harder for non European teams to compete though, as now Europeans are not allowed to transfer to EU teams under the age of 18, making it impossible for them to enjoy the same high level youth development system as the Europeans.

So realistically as long as IR is around we would never have the same resources as these European countries and unfortunately it isn't even possible anymore for our talents to develop in Europe. So no, we won't be a powerhouse in football anytime soon.

Comment

11 players, larger surface area, longer play time, different arrangement, different game strategy and many other elements which make football quite distinct.

Yes, we are a Futsal powerhouse, but it wouldn’t translate into football powerhouse without necessary infrastructures and grassroots!

Comment

Not sure about the fact that ‘ futsal is the root of football’. Futsal as we know it is a new phenomena, it wasn’t there 50 years ago. As a sports I think it is different to football. The time is different and the skills needs is different. It is like rugby 15 verses rugby 7s. Some teams like Fiji are world champions in 7s but not up there in the 15s. They have the same rules, the ball is the same but skills are different.

Comment

Lol similar to what i've read here after you guys got third place at indoor hockey "we can make it to the olympics(real field hockey)"

Comment

Futsal might tell a lot about a player's individual skills his dribbling, getting the ball out of tight spaces but the philosophy of football is different to futsal

Comment

Most of the worlds best footballers have played futsal or street football ( the roots of football ) during their early youths.

Modern Football requires organisantion and resources which we unfortunately lack in Iran.

Inbefore someone mentions African nations
                  1. They play alot of street football in their youths.
                  2. At a very young age (6-10 years) they are bought for pocket money as they come from very poor livings. Many African players are bought with an offer to give their families a roof over their head.
                  3. They get schooled in the best leagues in the world at a very young age.

I agree with thread opener, IR.Iran got a bad reputation, even if we are welcomed regulations make it hard for non erupoean players to join and we lack proper organisation and resources .

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
                    Futsal might tell a lot about a player's individual skills his dribbling, getting the ball out of tight spaces but the philosophy of football is different to futsal
                    How is the philosophy of football different to futsal? Basically players dribble opponent players or pass the ball to go forward and score a goal. Futsal is played on a smaller pitch and is faster.
                    Most of the worlds best footballers have played futsal or street football ( the roots of football ) during their early youths.
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic

Comment

False Conclusion in my opinion.
                      It's like comparing Badminton with Tennis because both sports use a racket.
                      Futsal and Football are totally different beginning with a complete different ball (specific characteristics e.g. size, weight etc.) let alone tactics, stamina, technical game style, tactics etc.
                      I agree, we can be a football power house but definately not because of our Futsal strenght. We just need less corruption, better infrastructure and competently people in charge.
                      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

In my opinion football is moving more and more to be athletic than dribbling skills.
                        just compare football in 2002 and 2018.
                        back then it was normal for players to dribble and do cool stuff with the ball during the game. now its about possession, passing skills and athletic skills! so its wrong to say we can get better football players of futsal.

We get better football players of Mahdavikia styleof thinking. People who invest in young age players. Nothing more
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                          How is the philosophy of football different to futsal? Basically players dribble opponent players or pass the ball to go forward and score a goal. Futsal is played on a smaller pitch and is faster.
                          Maybe Philosophy wasn't the right word. In a way Philosophy of Field Hockey is similar to football infact Google field hockey and football and you will get to see some interesting stories.

But i stand at my point Futsal evaluates a player's individual skills that can be adapted to football even that requires effort but it in no way Futsal as in tatical way reflects football.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
                            Modern Football requires organisantion and resources which we unfortunately lack in Iran.
                            Inbefore someone mentions African nations
                            1. They play alot of street football in their youths.
                            2. At a very young age (6-10 years) they are bought for pocket money as they come from very poor livings. Many African players are bought with an offer to give their families a roof over their head.
                            3. They get schooled in the best leagues in the world at a very young age.
                            I agree with thread opener, IR.Iran got a bad reputation, even if we are welcomed regulations make it hard for non erupoean players to join and we lack proper organisation and resources .
                            None of World's best managers had anything to do with Futsal professionaly.

Comment

Ali Karimi is a good example of a great football player first playing futsal. I agree that playing football in a much larger field requires more physical strength. and that's why Karimi had to train hard in order to play football. But his futsal skills made him the player he was. Indeed nearly all Brazilian players start with street football in small pitches. So futsal can be regarded as a starting point. We are brilliant at that and that to me means our kids love playing football/futsal and we can be and should be among the top 10.
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X