No announcement yet.

Your Line-Up Against Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amiri, Ezzatollahi, Ebrahimi and our GK / defence is pretty much nailed on for me (Milad Mohammadi for Haji Safi assuming the latter is injured).
    My lineup would be this:
    ----------------------- Beiranvand ------------------------
    Rezaeian -- PourAliGanji -- M Hosseini -- Mohammadi
    ------------ Ebrahimi / Amiri ---- Ezzatollahi ------------
    ---------------------- Ghoddos / Dejagah ----------------
    Jahanbakhsh ------------------------------ Amiri / Taremi
    ------------------------ Sardar / Gucci -------------------

Comment

I'll take hajsafi over mohammadi any time! I never thought i would say that. But i think Haji is tired ! all his energy is gone. Most probably MiMo will start.

Also karim was taken out cuz he was tired. So most probably he won't be in the lineup

Taremi was tired too.

I have a feeling we'll see Ghoddos in first half and dejagah in 2nd half or vice-versa !

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        Not true. AJB didn't play because of yellow card situation.
        CQ said himself in an interview that JB didn't start because of fitness/physical issues.

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
            I really hope we adapt the same tactics as against Spain...don't let Portugal get an early goal, try to nick a goal on a set pieceo or counter...it's fine even if it stays 0-0 until 20 minutes to go. We only need ONE goal. Stick to what we do best

The longer the game stays in balance, the more anxiety, nerves and panic will set in for Portugal. Only if it's still 0-0 with 20 minutes to go, I think we should go all out for the winner and risk getting countered. As a fan it may not be the nicest thing for us, but it's best for team melli's success in this match.

Amiri has been easily our best player in this tournament by none. It's even more obvious if you were in the stadium. It really opens your eyes up, I have been guilty of that too. He was EVERYWHERE, non-stop running, breaking up play, setting up counter opportunities. Whereas for example I was disgusted by Lewandowski's work ethic when I saw him in close up in Poland-Senegal match at Spartak Stadium.
            The problem is portugal wont panic since they dont need to win just draw

Comment

What we need is some goals. Taremi & Azmoun upfront worked wonders so best to have both started, Ansarifard and Ghoochannejhad(our supersub) to replace either when required.

My lineup would be this:
              ---------------- Ezzatollahi ------------
              ---------------------- Dejagah ----------------
              Jahanbakhsh ------------------------------ Ghoddos
              ------------------Taremi------ Azmoun-------------------
              Last edited by Rooyintan; 06-23-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                What we need is some goals. Taremi & Azmoun upfront worked wonders so best to have both started, Ansarifard and Ghoochannejhad(our supersub) to replace either when required.

My lineup would be this:
                ------------ Ebrahimi ---- Ezzatollahi ------------
                ---------------------- Dejagah ----------------
                Jahanbakhsh ------------------------------ Ghoddos
                ------------------Taremi------ Azmoun-------------------
                I am sure we would beat Portugal with that lineup... especially since you have 12 players :P
                maa bachehaaye iroonim
                hamishe irooni mimoonim
                baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

------------ Ebrahimi ---- Ezzatollahi ------------
                  ---------------------- Ghoddos ----------------
                  Jahanbakhsh ------------------------------ Taremi
                  ------------------------ Azmoun-------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi_1 View Post
                    I am sure we would beat Portugal with that lineup... especially since you have 12 players :P
                    Hehe thank you for pointing it out. OK I am removing one player

Anyways 12 players would never make it to the pitch in a World Cup. The 12th will be stopped way before the match is about to start

Comment

Originally posted by Fesenjan View Post
                      Definitely agree that MiMo bolsters our defense and matches up favorably with Ronaldo, so I'd still be happy to see him start at LB. It just seems to me that Ehsan, Saeid, and Omid have a sort of calming presence about them that few others can provide, and I think CQ really values that - the "glue guys," you could say.
                      Agree with that. I just think the freshness of legs will be important, and Hajsafi's knock adds to my concerns about his ability to deal with pace.

We can't forget the lessons of Bosnia 4 years ago. Amiri may struggle to play another full game at his (thus far extremely high) level, so if Dejagah is fit to start at ACM it might be worth playing Taremi wide left and Ghoddos wide right.

I also liked JB's freshness when he came on from the bench. He looked far more mobile and like his Dutch league form when he doesn't have to tire himself out from the start with the defensive work (he put in a lot of running and tackles in that first game). I think he can be a match winner from 60 mins and, given how poor Guerreiro has been, I like the thought of an hour of Ghoddos running at him followed by a last half an hour of JB.

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                        To me Amiri and Taremi is a must.
                        Ghodos ---Azmoun---Jahanbakhsh
                        Amiri---------------------Taremi
                        ---------Ezatolahi-----------
                        Hajsafi-Hosseini-PAG-Rezaeian
                        ---------Beiranvand----------
                        I’d put MiMo in over Hajsafi since he has speed and Hajsafi might not be fit. Great line up btw, think I just busted one. Amiri Ezza and Taremi can take care of defensive responsibilities while contributing on offense. The trio of Ghoddos Azmoun and AJB can do some serious damage up front
                        SHOW TIME!

Comment

my lineup is whatever CQ puts on the field. Even if its khanzadeh ill have faith in that desicion

Comment

I don't think CQ is going to start any new faces other than we have seen
                            in the last 2 matches. SO Ghoddos, Dejagah or Gucci will not start.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                              I don't think CQ is going to start any new faces other than we have seen
                              in the last 2 matches. SO Ghoddos, Dejagah or Gucci will not start.
                              He started new faces for Spain, so you never know

Comment

Ezzat was new but he was suspended for the first match otherwise
                                he would have started instead of Shojaei.

Cheshmi got injured so he had to replace him with someone new.

But you never know!

Comment

Working...
                                X