Your Line-Up Against Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    For those saying that we need to play full on attack, I respectfully disagree. That would be playing to Portugal's strength who is molded very similar to our own TM.

You know what's harder than scoring 1 goal? Scoring 2 goals. If Portugal catches us on a counter and scores, TM is virtually doomed as our goal-scoring woes are well-known and scoring 2 goals is tough for TM vs Qatar, let alone Portugal.

We need to come out cautious, and pick our spots on counters and free kicks. If, after a certain amount of time such as the 60th minute, we are still tied, then CQ can push the boys forward.
    But then again Portugal may just sit back and invite Iran to attack as they probably need only a draw to progress

Comment

Beiranvand

Ramin Hosseini PAG Milad Mo

Ebrahimi Ezi

Dejagah Ghoddos Amiri

Azmoun

Edit: wowwww I forgot our best player vs Spain (Ezi).....corrected it now
      Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 06-22-2018, 07:24 AM.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Fesenjan View Post
        Same lineup as Iran-Spain except Ghoddos in for Ansarifard.

Beiranvand
        Rezaeian/Pouraliganji/Hosseini/Hajsafi
        Ezatolahi/Ebrahimi
        Taremi/Ghoddos/Amiri
        Azmoun

Taremi and Amiri have been terrific on the wings and, in my view, earned their starting spots against Portugal. Excluding JB feels odd, but these two guys just fit CQ's system better - less technical, but more physically imposing and useful in defense.

Game plan should remain the same - play compact, frustrate the opponent, and play with pace on the counter-attacks.
        Agree with this but I’d start MiMo over Hajsafi to have the pace to deal with Ronaldo as he drifts wide right with Hosseini and/or Ezza marking him aerially.

If Dejagah was fully fit I’d even give him a start and look to bring the fresh legs of both Ghoddos and JB on around 60 mins if we still need a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
          Agree with this but I’d start MiMo over Hajsafi to have the pace to deal with Ronaldo as he drifts wide right with Hosseini and/or Ezza marking him aerially.
          If Dejagah was fully fit I’d even give him a start and look to bring the fresh legs of both Ghoddos and JB on around 60 mins if we still need a goal.
          Definitely agree that MiMo bolsters our defense and matches up favorably with Ronaldo, so I'd still be happy to see him start at LB. It just seems to me that Ehsan, Saeid, and Omid have a sort of calming presence about them that few others can provide, and I think CQ really values that - the "glue guys," you could say.

Comment

When CQ was asked why he didn't play some players against spain he said due to tiredness . This makes me think that Ehsan , Karim and Taremi and possibly Azmoun will not start the game against portugal . We have to wait and see who is ready n fresh on that day.

Karim , Taremi and Amiri ran the most in out team. Karim was substituted due to tiredness in spain game

Comment

Is Ghoochannajhad ok to play? who is out of Portegul game beside Cheshmi?
              Last edited by leviathan; 06-21-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

We should play the rested players
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

--------------------Beiro---------------
                  ----Ramin--Hossieni---PAG----MiMo---
                  -----------Ezza--------Omid------------
                  ----AJB-------Ghoddos--------Amiri---
                  ------------------Gucci-------------------

Gucci, AJB, Ghoddos, Ezza, and MiMo are all rested. I assume CQ has been benching Dejagah for this exact game. if we still need a goal, id sub him for Amiri around 75' and put Ghoddos on the left flank. the quartet of AJB, Ghoddos, Dejagah, and Gucci did some damage during the last 10 minutes of that Turkey game.

depending on score, id sub Taremi for Omid and go to a 4-4-2 diamond formation. with gucci and taremi as the strikers

i don't have faith in karim as he wastes for sure goals on a consistent basis. maybe azmoun for gucci.

Ghoddos has been our missing link this whole tournament, i hope CQ has been limiting his playing time in friendlies and past two game with the intention that he doesn't want portugal to know his abilities. #CQMindGames

we still should play a defensive game however, as someone said, 2 goals is harder to score than 1. we proved vs spain that our attack is dangerous, although there is no build up. our guys just need to think before they get the ball, last thing we need is for someone to kick the ball away with their head down when they had potential options available.

i have a good feeling about this game, but at the end of the day, the ref and penaldo will dictate the outcome of this game if we let them
                  SHOW TIME!

Comment

I'd start Azmoun since he promised a victory!

Comment

My Lineup:
                      ----------Beiro-----------
                      ----PAG-------Hosseini---
                      Rezaian-------------MilMo
                      -------Ezzatolahi---------
                      -Dejagah---------Ghoddus
                      AJB----Gucci--------Amiri

I think that in our last game we should start with some
                      rested players, since they have full energy to compete
                      and the suprise-effect for the oppnonent. So thats the
                      reason why we should give our experienced players
                      Dejagah, Ghoddus, Gucci a chance. Specialy Gucci can
                      help us with his scoring instint and since Azmoun is
                      a mental destable state.
                      I choose not to star with Ebrahimi, since we need a win
                      and therefore have to create chances which.

Comment

Ghoddos needs to get his chance. he will definitely play his heart out against Portugal. the question is whom to take out...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

guys we need a game thread...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Don't count on Karim and Hajsafi and possibly Taremi. Most probably CQ won't play them due to tiredness . That was the reason he didn't play AJB against spain

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
                              But then again Portugal may just sit back and invite Iran to attack as they probably need only a draw to progress
                              different game this, portugal is going for the win, they want to secure the first place

Comment

line up:

gk: beiranvand

rezaeian
                                pouraliganji
                                cheshmi,
                                hajsafi
                                ebrahimi,
                                ezza,
                                amiri,
                                jahanbaksh
                                Taremi
                                karim ansarifard

Cheshmi because I know cheshmi is not injured, carlos saved him for this match.😉 carlos knew this is going to be our final.

Comment

Working...
                                X