Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup™ Group Stage: Iran - Spain; Info, Updates & Live Reports (20.06.18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4IJRilChzo
    And that was Spain in prime, Spain today is maybe the best opponent Iran ever faced, but they're not that nearly unbeatable Team from 2008-2012

Comment

i know we all love masoud, but he needs to sit this one out. the only way we're going to beat spain is on a fast counter. he doesn't have the recognition for that. vs morocco he slowed down so many opportunities. mexico on the other hand defended well and beat germany with their speed. i think amiri proved his case on why CQ favors him so much.

hoping for this line up

----------------------Beiro-----------------
      ---Ramin---Cheshmi----PAG------MiMo-----
      -------------Ezza-------------Hajsafi----------
      -----AJB-----------Ghoddos------------Amiri----
      -------------------Azmoun-------------------
      SHOW TIME!

Comment

----------------------Beiro-----------------
        ---Ramin---Hosseini----PAG------MiMo-----
        -------------Ezza-------------Cheshmi----------
        -----Amiri-----------Ghoddos------------Haji----
        ----------——— - --Gucci-------------------

Comment

Thank you Kiarash for making the thread. As usual you covered step 1 of our winning formula quickly.

Persiangodfather needs to mention we are the underdogs a few hundred times now and Pedram needs to make a poll then we are all set.

Comment

I think CQ has planned this tournament for all three games.
            After 7 years in the helm and 4 years since last WC, he is fully aware of the physical capability of our players.
            Also looking back, Saeed's suspension in the first game might have been a god sent, still fresh and no yellow cards.
            We have a fresh and hungry Saeed, and Milad.
            He might start Taremi in place of Amiri, and Torabi in place Jahanbakhsh.
            Ghoddos in place of Shojai
            I am talking about a bunch of inexperienced youngsters against the top team in the world.
            But they are young, hungry, fit and ready to show the world what they are made of.
            Everyone in the world is watching this game.
            Do good and you will be picked by a top team.
            I think we will surprise the world by the level of the game and the effort.
            CQ will use his genius to come up with the perfect plan.

Biravand
            Khanzadeh Hoseini PG MIMO
            Cheshmi Ezatolahi
            Hajsafi
            Torabi Ghoddos Taremi
            Reza

I don't think there will be a lot of built up plays for our forwards.
            These 4 are the one's most likely to be able to scrape off something out of nothing.
            Just hustle and hopefully get a lucky shot, or maybe torabi or Taremi get tripped dribbling into the box.
            Maybe ge a penalty.

Got to believe in miracles, but they have happened before.
            I predict a 3-1 Iran victory.
            Goals in 43 min, 57 min and 89 min.

VIVA TEAM MELLI

Comment

-This is the first time the two nations meet at senior level

-Iran have never defeated a European opponent in the World Cup.

-Spain are undefeated against Asian teams in the World Cup.

Comment

Would like to see Cheshmi level CR7 like Amiri did with Amrabat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                  LOL you make it sound like Iran has won many world cup games but oddly never against a European team.
                  Baba we just won our 2nd WC game in history few days ago, 20 years after we won our first game.
                  lol
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                    LOL you make it sound like Iran has won many world cup games but oddly never against a European team.
                    Baba we just won our 2nd WC game in history few days ago, 20 years after we won our first game.
                    lol
                    Lol sorry

I was just searching up stats about this game and these popped out

Now we are going to win our 3rd! As they say in America: I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                      -This is the first time the two nations meet at senior level

That is because we have not been grouped with Latvia in any tournaments

-Spain are undefeated against Asian teams in the World Cup.
                      That is because they have never been grouped with IRAN.

Comment

I think Gucci should play, he's not good at club level, but he always performs at TM level

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                          I think Gucci should play, he's not good at club level, but he always performs at TM level
                          i was thinking that too when i posted my line up. he fights really hard. should he get subbed for sardar, it could work to our advantage as he'll get a warm reception from his home crowd, possibly giving him more confidence to score a goal. that miss vs morocco could have cost us, same with karim. we might only get 1 or 2 chances vs spain and those chances need to be goals
                          SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                            I love Gucci but I think he's best in the super-sub role, he comes in clutch more than any other forward we have in urgent late game situations.

Also, I think benching Azmoun after the Morocco game would be detrimental, as he still easily gets emotional when things don't go his way; CQ will most likely play him to show he still has a lot of confidence in him, and it would do wonders for Azmoun's morale as well if he performs in the big game against Spain.
                            Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Azmoun hustles up front, in this world cup we can't afford to play in a way where he gets lots of service as we are backs against the wall from the off. For his movement and aerial game he is better than Gucci or any other option we have in the striker position. He can really frustrate Spain's players that way.

Comment

We had some amazing chances in the Argentina game, probably more than vs Morocco, if we perform similar and are very very lucky we could score.

Comment

Working...
                                X