Group F Thread - Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
    Iran got screwed. Germany -Korea referee did 2 very short reviews and gave 9 minutes extra time. For Iran Portugal there was at least 10 minutes not played and only gave 6 minutes
    There against Iran you know.. they not care even.. Iran had right for 2 penalty i am agree with you that at least 10 minutes we needed.

What my concern is about VAR and we don't even know what the referee is communicate with upstairs, they can say give no penalty for Iran or give yellow to Ronaldo. It is not fair as they are saying. What if somebody from Saudi Arabia was there our enemy?

Comment

what an incredible World Cup defeat for Germany. The world champion Germany last in her group. South Korea defeats the world champion Germany and Iran plays equal against Portugal. Iran was not lucky!!

Comment

The best part is, we get to see more hot Swedish girls! Great success! High 5

Comment

Great result for Korea and the AFC! The better Asia looks, the better for Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
            We have no friendlies, not a youth acedemy, rarely
            and perp. camps so its normal that TM is poor in terms
            fluid passing game. I am TM-fan but one have to admit,
            that Japan and Korea are better here.
            Watch the last Iran v Korea in Tehran, and tell me whose 'fluid passing game' was superior.
            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
              Watch the last Iran v Korea in Tehran, and tell me whose 'fluid passing game' was superior.
              South Korea simply didn't exist in that match. Best tactical performance by Team Melli in an Asian game.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                Come on you should give credit to Koreans, they are in terms
                of quick passes-couter attacks superior to us.
                Actually our counters are extremely fast, with lots of one touch passing. Just go watch the latest analysis by Navad on Footbalitarin and you will agree. Koreans are stronger in their buildup play, though the Germans were so heavily entrenched in the Korean half of the field that unusual amounts of space were left behind for the counter.

Comment

Having congratulated the Koreans, I am a bit bitter given that comparatively so few of them travelled to the world cup and yet their team got such a result. Reports are that the atmosphere in the stadium was dead. Imagine the euphoria of the fantastic TM fans if we had challenged and beaten the world champions... Oh well , still have to be proud of what we achieved.

Comment

LOL some of y'all are acting like South Korea won the world cup or something.

Iran still vastly outperformed South Korea in this tournament. We managed to beat Morocco and tie Portugal while they scored off a counter attacking goal in extra time.

Lets not act like they were tactically brilliant. I tip my hat off to them, but their tournament was very subpar, as Sweden and Mexico IMO are worse teams than even Morocco

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                      Yep this was our best peformance against an Asian Side in CQ era.

But you picked up one game, i am talking about the
                      Playing-Sytle of both teams in general.

All you guys can keep going hating me but this wont change
                      the fact, that japan and korea played at the WC much more
                      fluid and creative in their attackings than TM.

Yekami Khube adam vaghebin bashe. Sepas

Comment

FML. My whole month is ruined after Iran and Germany failing to qualify.

Comment

It is always very entertaining to read Iranian forums after a Korean match.
                          There is always a huuuuuge gap between how Iranians think of themselves and how the rest of the world sees them.
                          As someone already mentioned, not many Koreans went to Russia for this World Cup. They are not good shirt buyers either and Korean players have to serve in the military which depresses their value as players.
                          When European clubs buy Korean players it is mainly because they expect them to be useful.
                          They will think likewise for Iranian players when Irainians become better standing up instead of lying on the ground.

Comment

Am I the only one that doesnt really care about Korea?

Baba SWEDEN MADE IT! WE WILL DESTROY THEM ALL WORLD CUP GOLD HERE WE COME!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              spot on.
                              I was wondering about the same too.
                              I kept wondering had portugal needed a goal, wold the ref blow the whistle so quickly, or would he have added (and rightfully too) another 3-4 minutes to compensate for the time wasted DURING the overtime.
                              Today I got my answer!
                              Fifa just keeps on proving how corrupt it is and how it is skewed towards money-making opportunities.
                              Justice? to hell with justice
                              my brother-in-law says FIFA did not want Iran and Morocco to continue but Portugal and Spain

my brother-in-law claims that the goal 2: 2 of Spain against Morocco was offside (my brother-in-law say Iran was almost there he's country was winning by 2:1). but the referee did not want Iran and Morocco to continue
                              If this is the case then Iranian federation needs to make an report about it.

I also feel bad that my country Germany after Iran sent out the World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                                Baba SWEDEN MADE IT! WE WILL DESTROY THEM ALL WORLD CUP GOLD HERE WE COME!
                                I wonder how many Swedes think of you as a fellow Swede though. I mean really, deep down...

Comment

Working...
                                X