"Mame Baba Thiam" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keano View Post
    My man my man, You've mistaken ethnicity with nationality. I cannot believe that I reply to this post. Are you insinuating that anyone could even dare questioning the likes of Azmoun, Kaebi, Daei's rights to be considered Iranian or getting invited to TM? Are you serious even bringing this up as an example? Azmoun, Kaebi, Daei, Vouria Ghafouri, Karim Ansarifard and... are all Iranians of different ethnicities. The citizenship of anyone doubting that MUST be revoked. It's also ironic and disappointing to have so many members supporting your notion of citizenship and mixing up ethnicity with Nationality!!!

Once again, and I say this as my personal opinion, A citizenship is a citizenship, Once granted/born with, all rights of all other citizens MUST be equally applied to him/her. Any other treatment is absolutely discrimination/racism, PERIOD!

Either do not naturalize anyone, and/or if you naturalize, you cannot deny them of any of the rights other citizens benefit from!
    I specifically chose Arab and Turkmen becuase these are not Iranian ethnicities. Persian, Kurds, Azeris, Lurs etc are native to Iran.

First of all, Edinho did NOT get Iranian citizenship. He was never denied playing for Iran becuase he was not of Iranian origin. I used Kaebi as an example becuase he is also not of Iranian origin, yet these racist Iranians had no problem with him playing for Iran.

Second, if anyone like him does get naturalized, it is the exact same as what Qatar does with their national team. Edinho got an offer from a club in Iran, he played for enough years to meet the fifa rules for naturalizations then hypothetically had the potential to play. This is no different than someone getting an offer to play in Qatar, then in 5 years of being there for the soccer season, playing for their national team. Some of you are acting as if Edinho had come to Iran on a boat with his family and all his belongings. It's not the same as someone moving to a country as an legal immigrant to find a better life away political or religious persecution. When someone like this comes to Iran and is good enough to play for tm, then Queiroz does not call him up out of fear of protes just because he is not of Iranian origin, then you can say Iran is a nation of racists. Until then, this discussion is nothing but speculation, since no one similar to immigrants in Germany, USA, France, etc has been denied playing for Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Irani8perspolis isn't saying that he doesn't want people of different skin colors in the team ... he is saying he doesn't want mercenaries who haven't tried integrating and learning our culture to be in the team.
      He doesn't want a repeat of Qatar.
      No Nokhodi jaan. He says no foerigner of any descend, regardless of their skin color and heritage should be allowed to be invited toTM. Even if they've lived in the country for 10 years, speaking the language fluently, and having completed all the necessary steps of the naturalization process, they still should not be qualified citizens to play for TM (Basically he along may other members aboard consider these types of people "second class citizens" denying this fact sums up the denier in denial!

Basically whoever agrees with granting citizenship to these qualified players, yet opposes their invitation to TM, is in fact considering them a second class citizen. Anyone objects this conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
        LOL so you try to paint me as someone as a racist against black people. I don't care if its iniesta who is begging to play on our national team or some random African, our NT should be for those of Iranian heritage.
        I personally can confidently say, you absolutely are not racist, and your view on this matter has nothing to do with racism. You're just stating your mind, based on your nationalism ideas, and that shall be respectable as long as it does not convey racism and hatred sentiments.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
          I specifically chose Arab and Turkmen becuase these are not Iranian ethnicities. Persian, Kurds, Azeris, Lurs etc are native to Iran.

First of all, Edinho did NOT get Iranian citizenship. He was never denied playing for Iran becuase he was not of Iranian origin. I used Kaebi as an example becuase he is also not of Iranian origin, yet these racist Iranians had no problem with him playing for Iran.

Second, if anyone like him does get naturalized, it is the exact same as what Qatar does with their national team. Edinho got an offer from a club in Iran, he played for enough years to meet the fifa rules for naturalizations then hypothetically had the potential to play. This is no different than someone getting an offer to play in Qatar, then in 5 years of being there for the soccer season, playing for their national team. Some of you are acting as if Edinho had come to Iran on a boat with his family and all his belongings. It's not the same as someone moving to a country as an legal immigrant to find a better life away political or religious persecution. When someone like this comes to Iran and is good enough to play for tm, then Queiroz does not call him up out of fear of protes just because he is not of Iranian origin, then you can say Iran is a nation of racists. Until then, this discussion is nothing but speculation, since no one similar to immigrants in Germany, USA, France, etc has been denied playing for Iran.
          Torkaman and certain arab tribes ARE native to Iran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

If you don't have Iranian blood then you don't represent us. Marry an Iranian and then due to your partner's bloodline your children will be able to do what you couldn't.
            Given that hzv is unbanned I wonder if he will respond to this thread with his old (or new) username.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
              Oh man, You've once again mistaken Iranic with Ethnicity. Arabs and Turkmen are also part of Iranian ethnic groups. Please stop making such divisive statements. Do some research before writing such inaccurate comments. These types of behavior will only segregate the country and destruct our nation and unity!

FYI here are some of the ethnic groups in Iran:

I hope this clears things up for you!

Comment

Oh man, You've once again mistaken Iranic with Ethnicity. Arabs and Turkmen are also part of Iranian ethnic groups. Please stop making such divisive statements. Do some research before writing such inaccurate comments. These types of behavior will only segregate the country and destruct our nation and unity!

FYI here are some of the ethnic groups in Iran:

I hope this clears things up for you!
                I am fully aware of ethnicity in Iran. My family is from Khuzestan. The Arabs of Khuzestan are mainly recent migrants from Iraq and the Arabian peninsula. Hence why they (or Kaebi himself) look like people from southern Iraq and Saudi Arabia whereas Azeris who have been in Iran for a thousand years don't look like the original asiatic oghuz turk migrants. There's not point in going much further since you're clearly diverging the point to try to move away from the fact that Edinho and Olerum are not similar to immigrant cases in many other countries, hence why you didn't respond main part of my post.

Show me proof of a player not getting called up to the Iranian national team becuase of their background then you can call Iranians racist.

Comment

^^^

Wow you're not getting my point, and keep bringing up Olerum and Edinho arguments, for I never took part in it, as my take on the matter is of a more broader and general aspect and depth. . I respectfully cease exchanging comments with you right here!

Comment

^^^

Wow you're not getting my point, and keep bringing up Olerum and Edinho arguments, for I never took part in it, as my take on the matter is of a more broader and general aspect and depth. . I respectfully cease exchanging comments with you right here!
                    Then you should refrain from making general or theoretical points or arguments about a whole nation being racist without having proof that racism was the reason for the lack of action. Especially seeing as Edinho was never actually eligible to play for Iran.

Comment

No Nokhodi jaan. He says no foerigner of any descend, regardless of their skin color and heritage should be allowed to be invited toTM. Even if they've lived in the country for 10 years, speaking the language fluently, and having completed all the necessary steps of the naturalization process, they still should not be qualified citizens to play for TM (Basically he along may other members aboard consider these types of people "second class citizens" denying this fact sums up the denier in denial!

Basically whoever agrees with granting citizenship to these qualified players, yet opposes their invitation to TM, is in fact considering them a second class citizen. Anyone objects this conclusion?
                      Dadash if they have been living in the country for 10 years and speak Persian fluently then ok, but name me one player who has done so, and has remained in Iran after their career has finished, there are none. Olerum and Ndoye both left Iran, as will any player who we give citizenship to in order to play for TM, after their career is over, they will forget about Iran and move to Brazil or Africa or wherever they are from.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                        Torkaman and certain arab tribes ARE native to Iran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I think he means Iranic people (Persian, Kurd, Baloch, Lor, Ossetian... etc. etc.). Arabs are Semitic, and turkmens are turkic, however it can be argued that both are native to iran

Comment

Fabio Januario had the best performances of any foreign player in the IPL IMO

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                            I think he means Iranic people (Persian, Kurd, Baloch, Lor, Ossetian... etc. etc.). Arabs are Semitic, and turkmens are turkic, however it can be argued that both are native to iran
                            I was mainly referring to the groups that were the most recent people in Iran, yet have no issues in playing for Iran. That's not even the main point anyways. The main issue is there has never been a case where someone originally from another country or background was good enough and eligible to play for Iran and was denied because they were deemed foreign. They're basically claiming speculative racism on an issue that has yet to happen.

Comment

Yeah Thiam is a great player. Very versatile and comfortable on the ball. He has good speed, good vision, good ball control.. He is honestly one of the best things coming into our league this season. I wish him and Esteghlal the best as they have a few more tough tasks ahead in the ACL.

A cool thing is that in Iran we have the name Tiam or Tiyam (which is a Kurdish name meaning “my eye”) and his name seems to be pronounced the same way

Comment

Maman Baba Thiam!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X