Steven Beitashour @ Los Angeles FC | 2018/19 - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Beitashour @ Los Angeles FC | 2018/19

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,564 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    The recent comments on Beita suggest he has been on CQs radar all along. Prob travel distance has been the main reason he hasn't been called up. His performance and recent history suggest he is a top 2 option as a LB.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to O-ZoNe For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,911 Times in 4,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    he also had a pretty cocky attitude in general back then, from his recent comment it seems that the wc benching and no call up in 4 years has humbled him and brought him back to earth..!!
    he shouldnt have too much a challenge trying to beat Aghaei but highly doubt he can cut the 23 traveling team as a Rwb..!
    What??? Cocky??? What r u forming this opinion off of? I thought he showed an extremely professional attitude from day 1 saying how happy he was to play for Iran and he came in to the team knowing we had good players I remember specifically on navad he said he knew of Hossein Mahini and thought he was a great player....of all players in the team he chose to compliment his competition! I think that’s the exact opposite of cocky
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 502 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    The recent comments on Beita suggest he has been on CQs radar all along. Prob travel distance has been the main reason he hasn't been called up. His performance and recent history suggest he is a top 2 option as a LB.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Beitashour is a right back, with a very lackluster left foot. Not a LB at all.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pdot For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdot View Post
    He's been playing left back since Gaber, Egyptian International, has taken over the RB position.

Idk man stats suggest otherwise lol.. He's been playing really well at the LB spot. He even scored his goal in that position.

Lets not forget LAFC has 4 players being called up to the WC with Gaber (Egypt), Ciman (Belgium), and Vela (Mexico) being the other three.. Those are household named players!

Good on Beitashour and I hope he's selected as Milad's backup

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pdot View Post
    Better than Hajsafi or Aghaii for sure btw
    Unofficial Worldcup Anthem For Iran by me
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kidmo For This Useful Post:

Editor in Chief, PFDC Website
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 11,430 Times in 3,470 Posts
    According to Transfermarkt he only played the last match as left-back, and all matches before as right-back...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin-Reza For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,786 Times in 5,494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    What??? Cocky??? What r u forming this opinion off of? I thought he showed an extremely professional attitude from day 1 saying how happy he was to play for Iran and he came in to the team knowing we had good players I remember specifically on navad he said he knew of Hossein Mahini and thought he was a great player....of all players in the team he chose to compliment his competition! I think that’s the exact opposite of cocky
    Oh great
    Are we going to have to go though this again..!?
    Whoever is still curious to see for themselves who right in this case !?
    Just go dig back up the Old Beira thread from 2014 when he was under consideration for repping TM & USMNT..! Hopefully some of those links to the interviews he was giving in US media in that thread are still valid ..!
    I just call it as I saw it develop & I hardy ever suger quote anything

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,786 Times in 5,494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    According to Transfermarkt he only played the last match as left-back, and all matches before as right-back...
    Well even back in 2014 he had played on LWB on a very limited basis & Cq pretty much only tested him on Right side. His test trial as RWB was a failure by enlarge back then & highly doubtful it’ll much different this time around...!?
    He made the WC list back then due to Cq’s over Infatuation with defensive cover for last WC ... so I suppose he may pull it off yet again in lue of another more MF or offensive candidate ..!? But it’s highly unlikely he can replace either Ramin nor ghafoori as RWB !?which is definitely the position he is most comfortable playing.
    Personally, even with all his shortcomings as a player , I’d still rate him as the most formidable back up for Milmo , out on the LWB position, & have a strong suspicion that is the biggest reason he was brought back in the mix, as CQ has certainly tried but hasn’t found a more reliable back up for Milad yet

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,911 Times in 4,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    Oh great
    Are we going to have to go though this again..!?
    Whoever is still curious to see for themselves who right in this case !?
    Just go dig back up the Old Beira thread from 2014 when he was under consideration for repping TM & USMNT..! Hopefully some of those links to the interviews he was giving in US media in that thread are still valid ..!
    I just call it as I saw it develop & I hardy ever suger quote anything
    Hey man I’m just trying to see what made you think that way because almost 100% of the time I’m in agreement with you on things in this forum so that being said I was hoping you’d point out one or two examples because I did follow him closely from the time he was just rumored to be in talks with TM/CQ and I don’t recall him being cocky. The controversy that some hard core TM fans (wrongfully) created was making a big deal about the fact that he wanted to play for Iran bc he knew it was his best chance to play in the WC at that time....which I don’t see as cocky at all.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    From yesterday's MLS article:

“I think that people now realize how much I attack if you just look at my assist record,” he said. “You gotta be smart and then when you do go forward, you’ve got to be productive.”

He currently is tied for defenders with the most assists (in the 2018 MLS season so far) with 3 assists in the young 10–game season as of now.

Also here's one of the key saves he made this season from the goal line:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    twitter.com/ideannakhjavani

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ideannakhjavani For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 53

You do not have permission to view the list of names.