Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kish as a host city for Qatar 2022 World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    If it means allowing women in stadium, removal of compulsory hejab during world cup period, and allowing Israel to compete in Iran if they qualify, then it could be a very positive thing!
    I agree, unfortunately I don't see any of those things happening in a backwards country !

Comment

well, it is 2022. Lots can happen from now until then.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

World Cup in Iran? Ya I believe that just as much as I believe that the Saegheh and Azaraksh fighter jets are 100% made in Iran and not US made F-5s.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
          they are surprisingly mostly positive
          Yes, I was laughing at the cisgender person one XD

Comment

If Qatar pays Iran for new stadiums to be build in Kish and Qeshm Islands then it is good. Qatar also must sign a contract not to display on any signs, brochures,etc other name than "Persian Gulf".

Iran should also offer Shiraz and Ahvaz, get Qatar to pay for stadiums/hotels to be build in those cities as well and upgrade International Airports.

Comment

I know I am dreaming but can you imagine the Final at the Azadi.

Comment

You guys are all having some sweet dreams 😳😳😳😳😳😳

Comment

People think FIFA will absurdly say to Host Qatar" Iran as co-host? Sure! what a great idea! Go right ahead, we are delighted to have the ISLAMIC republic of Hezbollah, hosting a game or two, in a country that all social freedoms are banned, women in stadiums are banned, alcohol is banned, signing, dancing and loud dance music is banned! we couldnt be more delighted to have the Supreme leader -Khamenei attend the game as well!! Pls proceed !!! " ......and then we all woke up!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                    People think FIFA will absurdly say to Host Qatar" Iran as co-host? Sure! what a great idea! Go right ahead, we are delighted to have the ISLAMIC republic of Hezbollah, hosting a game or two, in a country that all social freedoms are banned, women in stadiums are banned, alcohol is banned, signing, dancing and loud dance music is banned! we couldnt be more delighted to have the Supreme leader -Khamenei attend the game as well!! Pls proceed !!! " ......and then we all woke up!!
                    Do you actually think FIFA cares about any of those?

As long as the sponsors pony up money (which they will)... they don't give a damn.

Besides we won't be hosting any official games.
                    For the 100th time we will possibly host some training camps and provide some areas tourists can go to as Qatar wont' have enough capacity.

Comment

Kish only has one stadium. Are they planning to use that or build a new one?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

kish wont host, unless they allow people come to kish without scarf, drink alchohol, and also attend the games. thoese wont happen, and we all know that

Comment

Don't forget that Saudi Arabia hosted the FIFA Confederations Cup...... I know it's a far fetched idea for Iran to Co host with Qatar, but it's not impossible, especially when we're looking at 2022, which is still quite a while from now. Also, I don't really think the intent is to use Kish as a host for the matches, but rather to provide hotels for the fans or training grounds for some teams
                          Last edited by Kian Persepolis; 01-18-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

how's the weather of Kish compared to the hell-hole of qatar during the tourney anyhow..?
                            are they still planning to move the timing to winter time due to the June-July scorching hot conditions of gutter ?

Comment

This may have been discussed already, but Qatar never said for Kish to host games.. They want to invest in Kish infrastructure by building hotels, roads, etc. and use ferries to bring fans to Qatar .. They are estimating that 500K-700K fans will be at Qatar at a particular day and they can only accommodate half of them in Qatar. Qatar has also promised 12 stadiums, but they are saying that only 8 will be ready.. and that is enough for the world cup.
                              sigpic

Comment

anyway, Iran and IFF, specially Rouhani and Taj &. Co. should try for more:

+ Try to offer cooperation (venue, stadiums, hotels) and to host some of them matches/groups.
                                (Kish and Qeshm 2 new stadiums, which we can use for Persian Gulf Cup Final as Hazfi Cup Final. Final leg can be 2 leg, one in Kish, and one in Qeshm. Make the Persian Gulf Cup and venues a myth, like DFB Pokal, German cup, it is always in Berlin, and the teams and fans aim is to go to Berlin for the finale)

+ Also offer Foolad Arena as another option. In total offer 4 stadiums. (renovated Azadi, Kish, Qeshm, Foolad Arena)

+ Convince Qatar and FIFA that if IRAN Qualify for the World Cup, to be a co-host and play our own matches in Iran (Azadi Stadium). For example Group D or Group H as group-header and as co-host tickets for Category 4 for Iranian, so that we can fill Azadi with Iranian fans.

+ We can host our own group, or different matches of different groups which I prefer more.

+ Allow woman into stadiums by getting co-host advantage. Something which can impress FIFA and the world also, ready for change.

+ The alcohol problem, is not a big problem. There is no alcohol, but if we can convince to make a rule for foreign fans to have alcohol in special area in their hotels (special area/location in hotel) or hotel rooms, than this would be awesome. And very high alcohol prices, so we can earn something and make alcohol unattractive the same time. Also fans should accept that we are host and looking forward for football matches, not for alcohol games....

+ Make Kish and Qeshm ready, and make friendly tournaments in the year before (there is no confederations cup anymore) and also we can host friendlies and tournament friendlies before the World Cup. We use this advantages.
                                World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X