No announcement yet.

Iran Friendly (November)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said it before and I'll say it again it's time for Iran to start playing friendlies and working with some of the Central Asian teams we created a sub conference with. They will be cheap games, if not revenue-generating, and easy to arrange. These countries may not be good but those friendlies will at least be a good chance for the team to work together try out some new tactics and maybe gain some experience. Not to mention we have two starters who currently are not playing on a day-to-day basis.

I'm just saying it's better than nothing if nothing is alternative for these November dates.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
      I've said it before and I'll say it again it's time for Iran to start playing friendlies and working with some of the Central Asian teams we created a sub conference with. They will be cheap games, if not revenue-generating, and easy to arrange. These countries may not be good but those friendlies will at least be a good chance for the team to work together try out some new tactics and maybe gain some experience. Not to mention we have two starters who currently are not playing on a day-to-day basis.

I'm just saying it's better than nothing if nothing is alternative for these November dates.
      If Uzbekistan is free. I'll take them to be honest as the last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post

I really like Team Melli playing Central Asian teams but this is a very bad idea for World Cup preparation. It must be done after the world cup, maybe there will be the first edition of CAFA Cup sometime in 2018.

Central Asian teams do not have money either and they cancel more friendlies than FFIRI.

Tajikistan vs Afghanistan for early October was canceled. Tajikistan instead played Tajikistan League XI (mostly composed of their foreigners in their league Africans, Russians and Europeans).

Uzbekistan usually cancel friendly games too.

Turkmenistan and Afghanistan usually decline friendly games as well, although Afghanistan the past 4 years have played many friendly games. Turkmenistan is more internationally isolated than DPR Korea. It is a dictatorship where one tribe "Akhal-Tekke" has all power and all the other tribes and ethnicities have no power. All nationalities of the world require visa to travel to Turkmenistan. Their media and internet is owned by their government. They are a very corroupt country, when they hosted the 2017 Asian Indoor Games, they ensured majority of medals go to them.

Team Melli needs to play South American and European teams and strong African teams. We need good preparation if we are aiming for Round of 16.

Comment

European friendlies only.

We showed that we weren't capable of being an attacking threat against a mediocre Russian side.

We will most likely get 3 teams in our group which are all stronger than Russia was.

We need 1 win in the that group for good chance to get to the next round. Where is that gonna come from, if we have no experience beating a top European team?

Yes I know we might have African or South/North American teams in our groups as well, but playing European teams will better prepare us for these teams than playing an Asian team and/or South African Voodo tribe.

Comment

Having a match with Ukraine would be good/awesome!

Comment

Jeopardy music playing while Mr. Taj announces our November friendlies..

Comment

We will play one European and one South American team for November.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  We will play one European and one South American team for November.
                  We heard this multiple times but haven't seen a source let alone the announcement of those games...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

I don't trust IFF with organizing friendlies. My worry is that we're just gonna be disappointed with these rumors of friendlies and that we're gonna end up playing Somali pirates XI again [emoji23] No legitimate sources confirming the friendlies yet. If we do get something it'll most likely be thanks to CQ using his connections again to make something happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

And from what I understand, it was Carlos Queiroz who helped get the Russia friendly for us through his own connections.

Now we hear Carlos wants to us to play a friendly against Portugal..

How about we send Taj on an expedition and have his ass get us the decent matches we need.

From coaching Team Melli and having to deal with the nasty media and corruption, I think CQ has enough on his plates.

Comment

Well Taj and CQ have both said couple times that TM will play a European and South American team in November.

Now weather they are just hoping and wishing about it , who knows ??!!

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                          Well Taj and CQ have both said couple times that TM will play a European and South American team in November.

Now weather they are just hoping and wishing about it , who knows ??!!
                          And you have already said this 3 times!

Comment

Yes I have lol 😂😂

Comment

Since june, IFF could have work to find friendlies for the november dates...

Comment

We must play two good friendlies in November. If we do not play, we won´t qualify from our group. we can not play friendlies in World Cup group matches and after 3 games we say, now we are "Amadeeee"

If possible, bring QUALIFIED World Cup teams to Tehran. ye noon o panir o abgusht dourest mikonim, laf doshak ham ke hast, waaah cheghadr herzemun midan ina..

Bring Colombia or Uruguay or Argentina to Iran.

Seems Argentina planned Russia Friendly for 10 November. They should come down to Tehran for 14 or 15 November. Get them! Messi in Azadi!
                                Otherwise Costa Rica will play Spain in 11 November. We can still face them on 15 November in Tehran.

I think also Iceland or Serbia as European Friendly are good for us.

http://www.worldfootball.net/schedul...17-november/0/
                                http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...xtures/2017-11
                                World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X