• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
    POT 1 : Avoid Brazil & Germany
    POT 2 : Avoid Spain
    POT 4 : Avoid Nigeria
    If we avoid these teams then we have realistic chances of going to the 2nd round.
    I would say:

POT1: Avoid Germany, Brazil, Belgium, France
    POT2: Avoid Spain, Switzerland, England, Italy
    POT4: All ok

I would love following:
    1. Russia/Poland
    2. Peru/Mexico
    3. IRAN
    4. Panama/Honduras/Marocco
    sigpic

Comment

With Iran in pot 3 would this be the 1st time an asian team that is not host is not in the 4th pot?

Comment

Greece in means Serbia pushing into pot3. That would be excellent

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Dameh panama garm.

Comment

Also, if New Zealand beats Peru (possible) then we will avoid Serbia in the draw too! And our pot 4 opponents will be one of NZ, Morocco, Panama or Nigeria

Comment

Wowza!

We can end up with a group like Brazil/Germany, Italy/Spain, Serbia/Nigeria.

That would be deadly.

I have a feeling as usual, we will end up with 1 world class/former WC champion, 1 strong European team and 1 African side.

Comment

At this stage, what is the only way we will NOT be in Pot 3 ... because apparently, it's not 100% determined yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                  At this stage, what is the only way we will NOT be in Pot 3 ... because apparently, it's not 100% determined yet.
                  I understand it's a given thing. We should hope for NZ and Greece to squeeze one out and pull Serbia in pot 3

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it's given that we are in pot 3 now, looking at the fifa rankings for the relevant countries.

We can also be joined by Serbia in pot 3 if NZ beat Peru.

Comment

I think we're gonna get the raw end of the deal here. 3 of the 4 teams we could currently be drawn against in Pot 4 are not one of bottom 8 sides of the likely 32 that will go to this tournament.

At this rate, our pot will be the mediocre pot. Serbia are a stronger nation than NI, ROI, Denmark or Sweden.

Nigeria and Ivory Coast are stronger than Egypt, Tunisia or Congo.

As it stands, pot 4 isnt a great pot for us. We cant be drawn against half of the group if Aus qualify. The only team that I think is weaker than us from the other 4 is Panama.

We could do with one or two more teams with low rankings qualifying (the likes of Greece or NZ). That would push Serbia, then Nigeria into pot 3.

Pot 1 teams are final. Anyone but Russia would be extremely difficult for us. There's an arguement that Portugal are overrated. They may have won the Euros, but they did so after finishing 3rd in their group and only winning 1 game out of 7 in 90 mins.

We could get unlucky in Pot 2 and draw Spain or a South American team. There should be a few beatable teams in that pot but I suspect we'll want to avoid 5 or 6 teams from the top 2 pots

This draw is gonna be such a mess due to the geographical constraints. I don't know what they were thinking. European teams could be spread across all 4 pots, a max of 2 can be in each group.

Comment

I cross my fingers for Serbia to join pot 3 and my dream group would be

Poland
                        England
                        Iran
                        Panama/Honduras

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                          I think we're gonna get the raw end of the deal here. 3 of the 4 teams we could currently be drawn against in Pot 4 are not one of bottom 8 sides of the likely 32 that will go to this tournament.

At this rate, our pot will be the mediocre pot. Serbia are a stronger nation than NI, ROI, Denmark or Sweden.

Nigeria and Ivory Coast are stronger than Egypt, Tunisia or Congo.

As it stands, pot 4 isnt a great pot for us. We cant be drawn against half of the group if Aus qualify. The only team that I think is weaker than us from the other 4 is Panama.

We could do with one or two more teams with low rankings qualifying (the likes of Greece or NZ). That would push Serbia, then Nigeria into pot 3.

Pot 1 teams are final. Anyone but Russia would be extremely difficult for us. There's an arguement that Portugal are overrated. They may have won the Euros, but they did so after finishing 3rd in their group and only winning 1 game out of 7 in 90 mins.

We could get unlucky in Pot 2 and draw Spain or a South American team. There should be a few beatable teams in that pot but I suspect we'll want to avoid 5 or 6 teams from the top 2 pots

This draw is gonna be such a mess due to the geographical constraints. I don't know what they were thinking. European teams could be spread across all 4 pots, a max of 2 can be in each group.
                          Aziz watch the champions league draws there is a similar complexity if not even worse with multiple countries and multiple teams per country that can't be drawn in one group. The way it works is the following assuming European constraint scenario:

Group A
                          Russia
                          Spain

If Croatia is drawn in that group they will automatically go into the next group that is possible C or D or E etc. And you keep doing that until all your constraints are solved. That is not complex at all.

Comment

Pot A: doesnt matter as we can't beat any of them and actually it will be better to have a somewhat stronger team that beats everybody else. (12,5% chance for Russia)
                            Pot B: avoid Spain, Engeland, Italy, Uruguay (50% chance)
                            Pot D: avoid Serbia, Nigeria maybe IC (around 50% chance).

So there is somewhat hope that we will get a 'doable' group.

Comment

Germany
                              Spain
                              Iran
                              Nigeria

nooooooo!!!

Comment

I want to be in a group where we dont park the bus

Comment

Working...
                                X