Suspicious about the second Syrian goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
    You are reaching my friend. If there was any tabani, they would not wait until the last minute of the game to score. There is way too much risk with that. The referee could have blown the whistle any second and Iran would have won 2-1. No there was no tabani. Syria was hungry in this game and they got the result they wanted.
    You make a good point, and perhaps there was no tabani. Regardless of what there was, one has to question our team's mentality given what I mentioned. Beiranvand rushing for nothing, attacking with 8 players for nothing, finally Pouraliganji's atrocious marking... If there was no tabani, I wouldn't feel very confident heading to the World Cup with such senseless mistakes.
    KHAZIRAVI 4 LIFE !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Stop it right here. If we were to hook Syria up, we would have out in a new line up, not our strong one and we wouldnt have tried so hard to win. This is a stupid thread im afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by sycho67 View Post
        You make a good point, and perhaps there was no tabani. Regardless of what there was, one has to question our team's mentality given what I mentioned. Beiranvand rushing for nothing, attacking with 8 players for nothing, finally Pouraliganji's atrocious marking... If there was no tabani, I wouldn't feel very confident heading to the World Cup with such senseless mistakes.
        I agree with you. Let's not forget one important point, Iran had already qualified for the world cup going to the South Korea game. Why would there have been any reason for TM to have any pressure in this game. And to your point about attacking when we were ahead 2-1 with few minutes left- all I can say again is this that Iran had already qualified and the result of this game did not matter to them. Of course we wanted to finish the game with another clean sheet but the fact of the matter is we had already qualified and we were playing sort of loosy goosy. Since Iran knew Syria was going to attack the last few minutes, some of our players wanted to take advantage of this and counter for another goal.
        Again I don't think there was any tabani. But as I mentioned before, this team with this type of play will not achieve anything in Russia.

Comment

Ok for Cheshmi. But why did we have 8 players up leading 2-1 in the 92nd minute ? It doesn't make sense does it ? And what about Pouraliganji's strange movement away from AlSoma on the goal ?
          Morteza thought that the Syrian player could possibly get past Ansari. He didn't want to take risks in marking Al Soma completely.
          As for the 8 players, I was really pissed about that. I think the reason was that we wanted the third goal and our boys played way too relaxed.
          Trust me the match wasn't fixed. Bacheha akharash yekam faghat gij boodan.

Comment

EVERY BIG team in football has a day when a minnow wins or draws them!! you Think Iran is the only exception???? Mighty teams like Portugal vs Greece. France Vs San Remo Germany vs Sweden Qatar Vs Korea were all humbled , TM had an off day and quite frankly who cares if we drew Syria??? Revel in the fact that in a Syria village devastated by 5 years of civil war you made a young Syrian boy or girl cry of happiness. Stick with that and you will end this conspiracy theory thread my friend, let it go and drift into nirvana knowing your team is going to Russia with CQ in tow!!!!

Comment

France 0 - Luxembourg 0 - Conspiracy
              Argentina 1 - Venezuela 1 - Conspiracy
              Honduras 1 - USA 1 - Conspiracy
              Solomon Islands 2- New Zealand 2 - CONSPIRACY

Comment

As i said in another thread; it would be a disrespect to both Syrian players (not deserving their goals) as well as Iranian players and staff (to destroy their own efforts, fans and country) to think they would do such a thing.
                Syria drew with iran in first game; 0-0. they also had one draw vs Korea and lost the first one 0-1. Team Melli was breaking records, you think they would ruin their clean sheet just to give Syria a chance so it can play vs Australia and go to playoffs?

Team Melli did great, far better than all other asian teams and none of us was expecting such a great performance from them! We would all been very happy had we ended up 2nd in the group with win against Korea at home and a loss in an away game with TM advancing to WC as 2nd in its group. See where Australia and Korea are today & let's not ruin their performance by silly speculations.

Comment

This game definitely looked fishy, few players were playing absolutely out of character, mainly Biranvand.. and Karimi with those questionable fouls right outside the box..it doesn't take the whole team to change a scoreline..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                  به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                    EVERY BIG team in football has a day when a minnow wins or draws them!! you Think Iran is the only exception???? Mighty teams like Portugal vs Greece. France Vs San Remo Germany vs Sweden Qatar Vs Korea were all humbled , TM had an off day and quite frankly who cares if we drew Syria??? Revel in the fact that in a Syria village devastated by 5 years of civil war you made a young Syrian boy or girl cry of happiness. Stick with that and you will end this conspiracy theory thread my friend, let it go and drift into nirvana knowing your team is going to Russia with CQ in tow!!!!
                    I liked your post bro.

Comment

Stop this nonsense:

To suggest this is to disrespect the integrity of the whole Iranian team, its players, and its coach. There is nothing strange about Syria scoring on Iran. It happens in the footballing world all the time. To look for these non-existent clues to justify a ridiculous conspiracy theory, really shows one's lack of knowledge of how football is played. Anybody who has played or even watched a few games of football would laugh at these moronic conspiracy theories.

Additionally, these ridiculous theories belittle what Syria accomplished. Like it or not, they scored on Iran, the best defense in Asia. They fought for it. Their survival depended on it. Don't belittle their accomplishment for whatever silly agenda you have. Obviously , it is not a footballing agenda.

I am surprised the mods are allowing so many threads on this topic. At the very least consolidate them under a thread called "Lochness monster and other ridiculous claims".
                      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Has anyone else also noticed some odd things in the injury time ? We were leading 2-1 at home, yet when Beiranvand gets a goal kick in the 92nd minute he rushes to take it as if we are the losing team. Usually in all my life watching football, when a team is winning and the gk gets a goal kick at that stage in a game, he will walk to get the ball, walk to place it, slowly back away, spit in his gloves, wave to his players to go up and take a long run up before kicking it high upfield. Beiranvand did none of that, he rushed to get a ball and took a quick poor goal kick.

Second strange thing, we were winning 2-1 in injury time, yet we were attacking with 8 players ! why ? Even if Real Madrid is leading Getafe 2-1, in injury time, they will never have 8 players in Getafe's half of the field ! They would play safe and wait for a good counter but no ! Iran had 8 players in the Syrian half for no reason again as if they are the losing team ! very unusual.

Lastly and the most revealing or shocking of all, on the Syrian attack that leads up to the goal, watch Pouraliganji's movement closely. At first, he is the one marking Al Soma, the goalscorer. Then, for absolutely no reason at all, he moves away from Al Soma to go mark: nobody at all !! He just moves away from him as if "go score this is your chance!" It just makes absolutely no sense at all ! Not just from a defense that conceded 0 goals in 12 games, but from any defender in general. He even seems to make sure Al Soma stays onside but moving back for nothing. Watch closely !

I believe some Iranian players (not all) felt cruel and harsh destroying the Syrian dreams and wanted to do their best at "giving them a shot". Just watch those things and you'll see for yourselves.
                        I understand your concerns and fully grasp your conspiracy theory. It may look like what you said; however what you forget is that Iran was rushing to act on the promise it made to the fans to thrash Syria. If you remember; CQ had asked players prior to the match to not come out of the field before scoring four goals! Why would a coach makes such comment? To show attacking capabilities of a defensive minded giant. Italy used to do that all the time as well, back in early 90s and 80s; every once in a while coming out of its stingy formation and flex its muscles. Anyways it may also have other objectives behind it; therefore:

Why did he do that? (And as a coach whose team has already qualified as the second country in the world)

* To prove to the naggers that Team Melli and specially its main attacker can score goals

* To silence media about the weak offensive strategies

* To avenge Syrian actions in the away match in Malaysia

* To react against Syrian coaches' comments of beating Iran 2-1

* To test the Iranian formation and frontline against a physical team

Now, you rightfully asked us to go back and watch the last few minutes. Now I ask you to watch a bit further in the game. The team exactly did what CQ had already planned out. However, mission was only less than 50% achieved. If The empty yawning net misses did not occur, you could have seen a 3-4 margin win. Yes, on a day that our attack looked very active, vibrant and lively; we failed to accomplish the right result. Call it a bad luck or whatever.

Please note! professional coaches play these scenarios.

THE PLAN B SCENARIO:

Iran needing to score as many goals to qualify to the second round of the world cup. How would my team perform under pressure? A great way of finding deficiencies in a perfect formation that may soon be revealed and neutralized by opponents. He wanted to test what happens in the case of Iran needing the last points of the last match at a world cup. Would his frontline able to deliver what he determines outside of the pitch? Like the Bosnian match, the frontline failed.

All of this test was not a failure. There were some missions accomplished: the major one.

Testing the formation the coach and his team were able to identify the major problem. The major issue lies in the interaction between the midfield and the offense. If you note in his post game interview he also mentioned that today failure to capitalize on many chances; could only mean that he need to find a leader that can run the midfield. He was hoping that he could test Saman Ghodoos which never happened due to paper issues.

Another bigger fact was a determined Syrian war-torn team. Please look at the reaction of the assistant coach after their second game, crying and screaming to the skies. You could see how they worked hard for this result.

Well, bro; it is beautiful game of football after all. We wanted to win with big margin but could not capitalize all; therefore we landed somewhere in the middle. The positive point of this: A smile on the face of the kids of war in Syria. I hope their first play-off can unite them in rebuilding their country and independence from all elements of civil war from ISIS, the dictators in power, Sepah and Russian Army. Let them enjoy their achievement. Sometimes a footballing event can make huge changes as it did back in 90s in Iran. Cheers
                        sigpic
                        SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                        IRAN
                        - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

I'm not saying that the game was fixed, but the second goal did honestly look a bit suspicious. Both from the defense and GK.

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
                            I understand your concerns and fully grasp your conspiracy theory. It may look like what you said; however what you forget is that Iran was rushing to act on the promise it made to the fans to thrash Syria. If you remember; CQ had asked players prior to the match to not come out of the field before scoring four goals! Why would a coach makes such comment? To show attacking capabilities of a defensive minded giant. Italy used to do that all the time as well, back in early 90s and 80s; every once in a while coming out of its stingy formation and flex its muscles. Anyways it may also have other objectives behind it; therefore:

Why did he do that? (And as a coach whose team has already qualified as the second country in the world)

* To prove to the naggers that Team Melli and specially its main attacker can score goals

* To silence media about the weak offensive strategies

* To avenge Syrian actions in the away match in Malaysia

* To react against Syrian coaches' comments of beating Iran 2-1

* To test the Iranian formation and frontline against a physical team

Now, you rightfully asked us to go back and watch the last few minutes. Now I ask you to watch a bit further in the game. The team exactly did what CQ had already planned out. However, mission was only less than 50% achieved. If The empty yawning net misses did not occur, you could have seen a 3-4 margin win. Yes, on a day that our attack looked very active, vibrant and lively; we failed to accomplish the right result. Call it a bad luck or whatever.

Please note! professional coaches play these scenarios.

THE PLAN B SCENARIO:

Iran needing to score as many goals to qualify to the second round of the world cup. How would my team perform under pressure? A great way of finding deficiencies in a perfect formation that may soon be revealed and neutralized by opponents. He wanted to test what happens in the case of Iran needing the last points of the last match at a world cup. Would his frontline able to deliver what he determines outside of the pitch? Like the Bosnian match, the frontline failed.

All of this test was not a failure. There were some missions accomplished: the major one.

Testing the formation the coach and his team were able to identify the major problem. The major issue lies in the interaction between the midfield and the offense. If you note in his post game interview he also mentioned that today failure to capitalize on many chances; could only mean that he need to find a leader that can run the midfield. He was hoping that he could test Saman Ghodoos which never happened due to paper issues.

Another bigger fact was a determined Syrian war-torn team. Please look at the reaction of the assistant coach after their second game, crying and screaming to the skies. You could see how they worked hard for this result.

Well, bro; it is beautiful game of football after all. We wanted to win with big margin but could not capitalize all; therefore we landed somewhere in the middle. The positive point of this: A smile on the face of the kids of war in Syria. I hope their first play-off can unite them in rebuilding their country and independence from all elements of civil war from ISIS, the dictators in power, Sepah and Russian Army. Let them enjoy their achievement. Sometimes a footballing event can make huge changes as it did back in 90s in Iran. Cheers
                            What about the children in Iran that wanted to see their TM win their last match without getting scored on or with a big margin?

Comment

Well Camran Aziz, if it wanted to be fishy really, they could end it 1-0 so Syria qualifies directly! That way they could avenge 2010 world cup where North Korea and Saudis eliminated Iran with the help of South Korea. Therefore, I think we simply rushed for many goals and got hit on counter. Let us now focus on the world cup. Cheers
                              sigpic
                              SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                              IRAN
                              - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                                What about the children in Iran that wanted to see their TM win their last match without getting scored on or with a big margin?
                                Mahestan, we tried our best to win the match. We could come out with a huge margin. However we failed to deliver. I am not saying the team did it for Syrian kids. I said this result have one result that makes another nation happy; unintentionally and outside of the odds. It happens in football dear. I am not saying that mullahs in Iran are not capable of selling out; we know them all but Team Melli and its coach are not bro.
                                sigpic
                                SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                                IRAN
                                - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X