Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your 23 man squad for the Korea/Syria matches and how do you line them up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    shekari doesnt even play for a team how can we start him away to South Korea LOL
    Techincally, Ezatollahi doesn't play for his team either and will probably start, although I agree that Shekari is not ready for TM yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
      Neither of Ghaedi, Gholizadeh and especially Shekari who has been clubless and not playing club football since I don't even know when, are ready for TM in my opinion.

Ghaedi has not even played a full 90 min in his country's 1st division, and it's too early for Gholizadeh as well. Those players get more attention because they got very high technique/dribbling, a flashy game, pretty good potential but neither have yet developed a good tactical IQ, which is normal considering how little experience they have. There are currently many wingers better than them even in the PGL who are less flashy.

The time will come for those guys since they are very talented, but let's not rush them into national football when they barely experienced proper full seasons in the league, that would be a mistake.
      From what I have seen from Ghaedi, Not only his dribbling is good but I have always seen him making clean passes near the opposite goal. They may not be better than other wingers of PGL (who have up and down and will decline soon), but they are those who can become something for Iran and play high level football in Europe. Yes no need to rush them, but make them train with Master CQ and get some trash minutes at the international level will help

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
        Techincally, Ezatollahi doesn't play for his team either and will probably start, although I agree that Shekari is not ready for TM yet.
        ezatolahi is training daily with rostov, just not getting minutes as he has been benched. Shekari literally has not trained with a club team in over one year.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          shekari doesnt even play for a team how can we start him away to South Korea LOL
          Neither do AK. But They should come and train with Master CQ and get minutes in international level.

Shekari didn't play at all last year but was stellar at U20 WC.

We have to help him, he is the future of TM and is eager to go to Europe (in the contrary to some that hide them in their hole in IPL)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Neither do AK. But They should come and train with Master CQ and get minutes in international level.

Shekari didn't play at all last year but was stellar at U20 WC.

We have to help him, he is the future of TM and is eager to go to Europe (in the contrary to some that hide them in their hole in IPL)
            TM is not a charity. I'm sure Davari and Haghighi might have benefited from a boost in confidence from a TM call up, but TM is not meant to help players' club career ambitions. If a player isn't playing, they generally lose their spot. I worry about Ezatollahi and Dejagah. Both could be on their way out of favor if they don't change their club situations.

So glad Sardar convinced Ezatollahi to go to Rostov btw! Sardar must have gotten that great career advice from his own advisors! Poor Ezatollahi is so much raw potential. Should have stayed and worked his way up in Spain.

Comment

TM is not a charity. I'm sure Davari and Haghighi might have benefited from a boost in confidence from a TM call up, but TM is not meant to help players' club career ambitions. If a player isn't playing, they generally lose their spot. I worry about Ezatollahi and Dejagah. Both could be on their way out of favor if they don't change their club situations.
              So glad Sardar convinced Ezatollahi to go to Rostov btw! Sardar must have gotten that great career advice from his own advisors! Poor Ezatollahi is so much raw potential. Should have stayed and worked his way up in Spain.
              It is not charity but I am sure we have already called up some clubness (or in a difficult situation) players in the recent past (Haghighi, Dejagah?).

We all know Haghighi and Davari don't have quality to reach the high level, so no need to do charity with them. The others youngs are our hope to reach this high level one day and TM will be very happy to benefit from them if they develop their career instead of rotting in Iran (See what the spider Zob is doing). Spain, Germany and co aren't afraid to give the opportunity to 17 years old youngsters. Sure theirs aren't clubless but Iran have to deal with its broken system.

We have to experiment new players now, not when WC is approaching.

You say TM shouldn't be used for players career but you worry about Ezza etc.. I am sorry TM and Players career are heavily linked.

I agree on your last sentence

Comment

It is not charity but I am sure we have already called up some clubness (or in a difficult situation) players in the recent past (Haghighi, Dejagah?).

We all know Haghighi and Davari don't have quality to reach the high level, so no need to do charity with them. The others youngs are our hope to reach this high level one day and TM will be very happy to benefit from them if they develop their career instead of rotting in Iran (See what the spider Zob is doing). Spain, Germany and co aren't afraid to give the opportunity to 17 years old youngsters. Sure theirs aren't clubless but Iran have to deal with its broken system.

We have to experiment new players now, not when WC is approaching.

You say TM shouldn't be used for players career but you worry about Ezza etc.. I am sorry TM and Players career are heavily linked.

I agree on your last sentence
                CQ won't experiment. CQ plays Madagascar like its the world cup final. The guy likes to win. Won't risk losing by playing unproven youngsters. His team is set but for one or two spots, and he won't bring down team chemistry by uninviting the usual faces for a group of young guys. Ezatollahi may very well be benched soon, and it's sad. Difference is, Ezatollahi has been in TM for a year. Uninviting him would make me sad. Uninviting already established TM squad players to bring in unproven youngsters to give them confidence is unlikely and would be uncharacteristic of CQ.

If these guys go to Europe, you can bet your bippy that CQ will call them when they start playing well. Without that, CQ won't invite them outside of a real lack of depth in a position. We were lacking a DM after Nekounam's retirement, which is why Ezatollahi initially got the call. We are stacked in every position at the moment, and the AM position will have competition with Ghoddos coming in. We need players to compete for places at this point. World Cup is our focus. The youngsters will have to make their own way as Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh did when they were younger.

Comment

To sum up, it is like investments. I'd rather play the "Iran got a talent" instead of relying on a 25 yr old IPL player having currently the season/period of his life before declining fast after.

Comment

CQ won't experiment. CQ plays Madagascar like its the world cup final. The guy likes to win. Won't risk losing by playing unproven youngsters. His team is set but for one or two spots, and he won't bring down team chemistry by uninviting the usual faces for a group of young guys. Ezatollahi may very well be benched soon, and it's sad. Difference is, Ezatollahi has been in TM for a year. Uninviting him would make me sad. Uninviting already established TM squad players to bring in unproven youngsters to give them confidence is unlikely and would be uncharacteristic of CQ.

If these guys go to Europe, you can bet your bippy that CQ will call them when they start playing well. Without that, CQ won't invite them outside of a real lack of depth in a position. We were lacking a DM after Nekounam's retirement, which is why Ezatollahi initially got the call. We are stacked in every position at the moment, and the AM position will have competition with Ghoddos coming in. We need players to compete for places at this point. World Cup is our focus. The youngsters will have to make their own way as Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh did when they were younger.
                    I know CQ and his conservative strategy. However I sometimes don't agree with it. For example the Sweden + Chile friendlies could have been used to introduced more new players. I don't ask to invite all the u17 players. but some new face in the squad and a mix between young old middle during the match.

Comment

I know CQ and his conservative strategy. However I sometimes don't agree with it. For example the Sweden + Chile friendlies could have been used to introduced more new players. I don't ask to invite all the u17 players. but some new face in the squad and a mix between young old middle during the match.
                      I understand, but generally, it sends a bad message to not reward the best performing players with a place in the TM squad. Taking the spot away from a guy who worked hard for his position in the team can create resentment towards younger players invited just because they are young. The team should include the best Iranian players at the moment. That pushes players to succeed. I don't want to see a situation where there is players given a chance for a factor that isn't the quality of their play, such as youth, seniority, popularity, etc.

Some will want to keep their favorite player like Dejagah or Teymourian in the team if they start declining, and their wish will be as valid as yours. You want young players to be handed a chance, others can want an older player to be gifted a chance to help salvage their career (how can a clubless player make their way out of a hole without TM play? It is a reasonable argument on the other side).

TM is for the best Iranian players, that is all. If Mohammadi or Jahanbakhsh stop being one of the best players in their positions, I agree with them being dropped. It's a competitive sport, we can't put our emotions or hopes into it. When Shekari proves himself, he will get called up. Ezatollahi was with Atletico's youth at the right time when we had a need. The guys you are listing are wastes of roster spots at the moment to be honest. We need roster spots filled by players who we know can play today at a competitive level for 90 minutes if need be.

Like Korea had half their team get the flu before Asian cup final, we cannot risk having a handful of our 23 spots filled by unproven youth players.

Comment

I understand, but generally, it sends a bad message to not reward the best performing players with a place in the TM squad. [B]Taking the spot away from a guy who worked hard for his position in the team[/B] can create resentment towards younger players invited just because they are young. The team should include the best Iranian players at the moment. That pushes players to succeed. I don't want to see a situation where there is players given a chance for a factor that isn't the quality of their play, such as youth, seniority, popularity, etc.
                        Some will want to keep their favorite player like Dejagah or Teymourian in the team if they start declining, and their wish will be as valid as yours. You want young players to be handed a chance, others can want an older player to be gifted a chance to help salvage their career (how can a clubless player make their way out of a hole without TM play? It is a reasonable argument on the other side).
                        TM is for the best Iranian players, that is all. If Mohammadi or Jahanbakhsh stop being one of the best players in their positions, I agree with them being dropped. It's a competitive sport, we can't put our emotions or hopes into it. When Shekari proves himself, he will get called up. Ezatollahi was with Atletico's youth at the right time when we had a need. The guys you are listing are wastes of roster spots at the moment to be honest. We need roster spots filled by players who we know can play today at a competitive level for 90 minutes if need be.
                        Like Korea had half their team get the flu before Asian cup final, we cannot risk having a handful of our 23 spots filled by unproven youth players.
                        Shojaei was underperforming during so long with TM. Not only he was always called up but he was also very often played by CQ. He was there instead of other deserving players that were having good periods. Someone like khalatbari was left out the WC squad after all what he did for TM.

What I want with this "young investment" was what CQ should have done in WC2014 (having Azmoun in the final squad). Azmoun could have had a better club career and TM could have had a far better attack than the toothless one we had in brazil

Comment

GK: Beiranvand, Haghighi, Akhbari

DF Rezaeian, Pouraliganji, Montazeri, Mohamadi, Ghafouri, Hosseini, Ansari, Aghaei

MF: Ezatolahi, Shojaei, Hajsafi, Ali Karimi, Rafieie, Ebrahimi

FW: Jahanbakhsh, Ansarifard, Taremi, Torabi, Gucci, Rezaei

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            I think we need to give Shekari a go, start setting things up for the next generation.
                            yea, that kid got a rock solid, mature game well beyond his age and we are still pretty shallow on quality depth in his playing position, even with Saman seemingly in the mix,( cause i gotta feeling CQ is more likely to be utilizing Ghoddos as a LWinger/2ndary Striker, sorta like Taremi, than as a CAM, at least so in the beginnings..! )

nevertheless, Shekari still has time on his side, and he has been outa action club wise of late anyhow, so its wise to wait till WCQs are over with before giving him his first cap and see if he can manage an immediate impact as did Sardar in the run up to WC 14...!!

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                              GK: Beiranvand, Haghighi, Akhbari

DF Rezaeian, Pouraliganji, Montazeri, Mohamadi, Ghafouri, Hosseini, Ansari, Aghaei

MF: Ezatolahi, Shojaei, Hajsafi, Ali Karimi, Rafieie, Ebrahimi

FW: Jahanbakhsh, Ansarifard, Taremi, Torabi, Gucci, Rezaei
                              intresting, no azmoun?

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                                intresting, no azmoun?
                                Suspended against Korea. Might make sense to not call him up against Syria either as we do not want to risk an injury for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X