Daniel Davari @ MSV Duisburg | 2017-18 - Page 5

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Davari @ MSV Duisburg | 2017-18

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Kian B. View Post
    Duisburg just had a friendly with Werder Bremen that they lost 1-0. Anyone know if Davari played?
    He played and was subbed out at the 46th minute. Part of team try outs I guess as they had multiple subs after him

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabbit For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    He played and was subbed out at the 46th minute. Part of team try outs I guess as they had multiple subs after him
    Damn, sucks that he conceded then, but his substitute didn't. Not sure if it was really his fault though

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 9,091 Times in 2,655 Posts
    Friendly - Werder Bremen 1:0 MSV Duisburg:

*As per Kian B and Rabbit's posts, Daniel started the match in net and conceded the only goal on the 24th min.
    *The squad was switched up in the second half.

"MSV goalkeeper Daniel Davari had no chance, but otherwise could not distinguish himself in the first round. It was better for his rival Daniel Mesenhöler in the second half. He saved the MSV twice with good saves before the second goal."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aenima_8 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    "A close race for the number one at MSV Duisburg

Daniel Davari and new signing Daniel Mesenhöler fight for the space between the posts at the MSV. The goalie coach sees a close duel.

The new goalkeeper is in these days a hot duel with veteran Daniel Davari (30) for the space between the post, the New-Freiburg Mark Flekken has left.

Decision will be made late
    Unlike in the previous year, when it was decided at an early stage that Mark Flekken would go into the season as number one, the decision will be late this time. Goalkeeping coach Sven Beuckert sees a close race: "Both give a lot of gas and work hard.

Daniel Davari has been in charge of the zebras for the last three matches of the season. Davari is also hot on the spot. "I do not know a goalkeeper who is satisfied with the place on the bench," said the 2014 World Cup participant for Iran, even when he was still in the shadow of Mark Flekken in Duisburg."

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    Friendly: Wacker Innsbruck II 0:3 MSV Duisburg FT:

*Davari started the match and played the full 90 mins.
    *Duisburg played Al Sadd today and won 4-1. The new keep played this match and conceded a goal.

"Among the most exciting duels is the duel between the two goalkeepers Daniel Davari and Daniel Mesenhöler. Davari played against Innsbruck, on Thursday Mesenhöler gets the chance to prove himself."

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    MSV Duisburg coach used today's 'Schauinsland Travel Cup' to determine his #1. Matches are 45mins long. Davari faced Fiorentina and Mesenholer faced Athletic Bilbao. Davari kept a clean sheet but they lost on penalties. Mesenholer conceded a goal in a 1-1 draw:

"MESENHÖLER OR DAVARI: Today, the goalkeeper question at MSV is decided

MSV coach Ilia Gruev (48) takes a close look at his goalkeepers at the "Schauinsland Travel Cup". Daniel Mesenhöler (23) or Daniel Davari (30) - today the goalkeeper question decides.

Both candidates are allowed to play 45 minutes in the Blitz tournament. The race for a regular place between the posts is still open.

Gruev to BILD: "Both play a very good preparation. It depends on little things like the form of the day, concentration and the last training sessions. ""

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    Davari has been selected as MSV Duisburg's #1 for the 18/19 season. Wish him all the best:

"Daniel Davari is the MSV Duisburg's number one goalkeeper

Daniel Davari wins the race for the number one against Daniel Mesenhöler at MSV. Coach Ilia Gruev: "Small things were the decisive factor."

The decision has been made: Daniel Davari won at second division football club MSV Duisburg the race for the number one. The 30-year-old is on Monday at the league opener in Dresden in goal of the zebras, new signing Daniel Mesenhöler has to settle for the place on the bench.

"Small things were the decisive factor," MSV coach Ilia Gruev explained the decision he made with goalkeeper coach Sven Beuckert. Gruev continues: "I am sure that Daniel Mesenhöler will continue to accelerate."

Three appearances in the last season
    Daniel Davari was in the shadow of last season's Mark Flekken, who moved to SC Freiburg, and has been used only in the last three games. Daniel Mesenhöler (23) came in summer from the second division competitor Union Berlin to MSV.

In the Berliners lost Mesenhöler in each of the last two years each race for the number one, but battled both times to the second round in the starting eleven."

Last edited by aenima_8; 08-03-2018 at 11:16 AM.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aenima_8 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,436 Posts
    To this day, I will argue that Davari has had some major bad luck! He looked great at 25 years old in 2014, young for a goalkeeper. A couple of bad decisions derailed him majorly. Joining Grasshopper, who was a historically strong team was a mistake. I think they have only finished above 8th place out of 10 teams once in the past 5 years...

Then, I think he got unlucky that prior to WC 2014, he was unlucky to have only featured in games with Alenemeh and Haddadifar in front of him. I think most keepers, Biranvand, Rahmati, or whomever would concede goals with those guys in front of them.

I think that people gave him a much harder time based on these circumstances and did not watch his amazing run from the 2 Bundesliga into the Bundesliga. You can be lucky maybe a few matches, but at 25, he was looking very promising.

His lack of Farsi skills, and a couple bad choices (Grasshoppers, missing TM camp), derailed his career. If he had been loyal to TM first, he would have been given preferential treatment by CQ, who takes care of "his players". He at least would have kept him in the NT picture, which would have increased his stock to clubs.

I guess in some ways, the timing of his daughters birth was a bit of tough luck for him, as it made him miss that important pre-Asian Cup training camp.

In the end, though, Davari seems like a nice guy. I always defended him, because he had flaws, but all of our players do to some extent. Even our best players make boneheaded moves on and off the field. I really hope that at 30, a good age for GK, he will help Duisberg to have a great season, and reestablish himself. Being invited to TM as a 3rd choice keeper behind Biranvand and Abedzadeh would definitely give him time to be around the players, be in Iran, and really learn the language by necessity. I always have seen him as a high potential player who lost his way. Hopefully he can find his way back someday.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Afat11 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 5,563 Times in 2,562 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Afat11 View Post
    To this day, I will argue that Davari has had some major bad luck! He looked great at 25 years old in 2014, young for a goalkeeper. A couple of bad decisions derailed him majorly. Joining Grasshopper, who was a historically strong team was a mistake. I think they have only finished above 8th place out of 10 teams once in the past 5 years...

Then, I think he got unlucky that prior to WC 2014, he was unlucky to have only featured in games with Alenemeh and Haddadifar in front of him. I think most keepers, Biranvand, Rahmati, or whomever would concede goals with those guys in front of them.

I think that people gave him a much harder time based on these circumstances and did not watch his amazing run from the 2 Bundesliga into the Bundesliga. You can be lucky maybe a few matches, but at 25, he was looking very promising.

His lack of Farsi skills, and a couple bad choices (Grasshoppers, missing TM camp), derailed his career. If he had been loyal to TM first, he would have been given preferential treatment by CQ, who takes care of "his players". He at least would have kept him in the NT picture, which would have increased his stock to clubs.

I guess in some ways, the timing of his daughters birth was a bit of tough luck for him, as it made him miss that important pre-Asian Cup training camp.

In the end, though, Davari seems like a nice guy. I always defended him, because he had flaws, but all of our players do to some extent. Even our best players make boneheaded moves on and off the field. I really hope that at 30, a good age for GK, he will help Duisberg to have a great season, and reestablish himself. Being invited to TM as a 3rd choice keeper behind Biranvand and Abedzadeh would definitely give him time to be around the players, be in Iran, and really learn the language by necessity. I always have seen him as a high potential player who lost his way. Hopefully he can find his way back someday.
    I highly doubt he is going to jeopardize his 4 or 5 more years of playing time just to come and be the 3rd string GK for the Asian Cup. I think his career with TM is over.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,652 Times in 2,171 Posts
    I never found anything special about this guy, but Damesh garm, he never giving up, getting starting job in Bundesliga II should be good enough to give him another chance in TM again.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 53

You do not have permission to view the list of names.