Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top quality teams will start asking us for friendlies, Especially after we qualify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe if we can finish the qualifiers with no defeat and no goal concided, many teams will play us, to get a training against a good defenive team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
      Hey, hey, anything's better than Papua New Guinea and UAE African XI

Comment

CQ said something very interesting, he said even Australia books their friendlies one year in advance, hence TM was unable to play them in Tehran when they came to play IRAQ! this is how well organized even the Aussie FA is! our IFF is still run by idiots, we need to start the friendly request with teams from now if we see ourselves in the WC next year!

Comment

Can we actually qualify first? You guys realize if we lose against UZB (not the first time it has happened in azadi) and Korea wins, then we are back to square one, fighting for one of the automatic spots.

Let's atleast wait till after the UZB game to talk about qualification. A win gets us there 100%, a draw gets us there 95%, a lose, and were back to ama o agar. Yes, if we tie korea and uzb we are through, or if we win Syria in Azadi and lose the other two, we go through.... but let's wait.

Some of you seem to forget the heartache TM fans experienced against Bahrain when it was a sure thing back in 2001, or our flop in 2010 against Saudi Arabia in Azadi or losing to UZB and Lebanon last WCQ (even under CQ). Let's calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
            We didn't manage to get any friendlies last time we qualified to world cup so unless we start paying big teams to play with us I highly doubt it's going to happen. $1-2 million is nothing for a game if you know how to make money from advertising
            We have gained a lot more respect since 2014. Both from our performance against Argentina, and our current form

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

IFF won't pay big bucks and top-20 countries still (mis)use politics to ignore us.

I too will be happy with some top African NT, Turkey, Eastern European NT, 2nd tier South American NT etc.

But even that would be a small miracle : (

As we said 4 years ago ; Against all odds, nothing has changed really... : (
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                Can we actually qualify first? You guys realize if we lose against UZB (not the first time it has happened in azadi) and Korea wins, then we are back to square one, fighting for one of the automatic spots.
                Let's atleast wait till after the UZB game to talk about qualification. A win gets us there 100%, a draw gets us there 95%, a lose, and were back to ama o agar. Yes, if we tie korea and uzb we are through, or if we win Syria in Azadi and lose the other two, we go through.... but let's wait.
                Some of you seem to forget the heartache TM fans experienced against Bahrain when it was a sure thing back in 2001, or our flop in 2010 against Saudi Arabia in Azadi or losing to UZB and Lebanon last WCQ (even under CQ). Let's calm down.
                We will win against Uzbekistan and we already won in there home 1:0
                I expect that we will win in Azadi in front of 130.000 Iranian fan free ticket I saying 1:0 for IRAN score by Mehdi Taremi

We are already in the World Cup I feel!!

I really hope we play this time more stronger teams from Europe like Spain, Italy or Germany and France, Belgium even Netherlands they even said that they want friendly match with Iran

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                  We have gained a lot more respect since 2014. Both from our performance against Argentina, and our current form

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                  We also lost some credit by losing to Bosnia, Sweden, and drawing with Turkmenistan, China and Syria. We don't have right training pitches or facilities to accommodate foreign teams and they are other factors that good teams won't play with us. Dubai could be a good place for our friendly matches but because of political reason it won't work for us now. If you have noticed you know almost every team came to Iran complained about training facilities.

It is a combination of several reasons and rarely we get a decent friendly.
                  1. IFF won't plan ahead and does not have the financial support to organize decent friendlies
                  2. Our bad reputation in political world causes many nations to ignore us
                  3. We don't have the proper pitches and decent accommodation for our opponent. Most of our decent friendlies have been in outside Iran.
                  4. We don't have professional management in marketing. IFF is pretty much run with bunch of unprofessional IR goons who have got the job because of their connection and not on their merit. The situation of transfer ban on SS Tehran/Tractor Sazi and wrong translation of Fifa letters speaks volume by itself. There is not even one person in IFF who can write a formal letter in English properly.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                    Look here , Shut up some of you stupid immature little boys with your sarcastic bs 😡😡😡
                    The starter of this post has very good point and you are not being funny 😖😖😖
                    Not being able to arrange strong friendliest are not always IFF's or IRI 's faults😕😕😕
                    Can you be positive for a change 😊😊😊
                    *** edited ***. Stop telling others to shut up and enjoy a joke once in a while hahahaha

Comment

^
                      What type of language is this?
                      Guys pls stay civilized, that goes for both of you!
                      Friendly warning!
                      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I apologize for my harsh words 😕😕

Comment

I think the one positive that would come out of a Saudi Arabia WC qualification is that you can be sure the other 3 team's in their group will be very interested in arranging a friendly with TM due to what they perceive as a similar style team.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                            CQ said something very interesting, he said even Australia books their friendlies one year in advance, hence TM was unable to play them in Tehran when they came to play IRAQ! this is how well organized even the Aussie FA is! our IFF is still run by idiots, we need to start the friendly request with teams from now if we see ourselves in the WC next year!
                            een, especially the Bold is the biggest reason why we are unlikely to attain friendlies vs quality opponents ..

other issues preventing us from attaining are..

*IFF seemingly is ALWAYS Broke..!! either Corrupt (likely, those thieving SOBs) or flat out disgustingly inept at raising funds and generating adequate operational income..! no excuse for it either, there are a tens of ways to make top dollar marketing iranian football, domestically and even internationally..!
                            *IFF is also ran by a bunch of beesavaad bozos, incapable of handing negotiations for such games and the professionalism required to Contractual it..! ffs, they cant even speak english by en large, nor capable of writing a proper complaint letter.
                            *Iran is STILL considered WorldWide as a Pariah State. not many countries/especially top teams feel safe visiting iran for games and hardly have any friends in the region left who would opt as host..!
                            *CQ much prefers weeklong training camps to big friendlies.

etc etc etc

yea we probably play a few decent friendlies if we qualify sooner than later and depending on who we are grouped with at WC, BUT i wouldnt get my hopes up on that front much..!!
                            off course even when they get an initial verbal agreement to a game, IFF will likely manage to fk it up and end up Canceling what was never really there to begin with, anyways..!! lol

Comment

Do we need to play a world cup winning contender though? We were well drilled enough against Argentina.

2nd tier is what we should aim at. Iceland, Denmark, Croatia, Bosnia, Ecuador, Colombia(any south american will do honestly), Cameroon, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Serbia, etc.

I think it needs brains though, which IFF lacks. Offer a friendly to any team playing Australia or Saudi in the world cup. If we get 2 out of those 6 teams its a big success.

We need to beatone of the teams above to get to the R16 so lets focus on that. With proper proposals, we can also convince a team thats in the same group as Greece to play us as well.

Comment

the problem is

we do not only need friendlies before world cup, but also this end of year or second half of the year, and specially from January to march/april....not only in end of may and June, and then world cup...

the other point is, that Fifa match days are published till chi chi midunam 2022 i guess, and a lot of top teams have their friendlies....we must start negiotiate NOW with the top teams which will definetley qualify.
                                World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X