No announcement yet.

We are witnessing hands-down the best Team Melli in the modern era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until this team gets a win in a world cup or finishes at least 3rd in the asian cup, I won't go that far. It's in the tournaments where people become true heroes and memories are made that stand the test of time

Comment

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
      That feels so good. In general I have been reading positive comments from members who used to only bash and hate, and now suddenly have turned into the biggest fans. Sometimes I want to be a jerk and bump all of their threads/comments - since some still try to deny their previous input - but at this point let’s be just happy that CQ proved most haters wrong. Time was the best answer! He actually believed in our talent and showed them all that we have the necessary players. It makes you actually laugh thinking about what kind of threads and discussions were going on here.
      Don't put me in that boat. I've always been 110% pro-CQ

Comment

Just a reminder:

it's probably only a year left of CQ's career in Iran! I assume he wont be staying after the WC any more. So enjoy it while it lasts! We might not see this team like this again after that.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          Not in the "anti-CQ" boat, but pretty much in the "lack of talent" boat
          Formerly known as Persianking!
          Follow me @
          instagram/iranscout
          instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

You see, those who are anti CQ are no different than those who claim there is a lack of talent. They defy logic honestly bc there is a books worth of facts that prove the opposite. Just bc our young stars at this very moment aren't playing in bundesliga or serie a doesn't mean they are inferior to the Iranians who went to bundesliga in that era. They are going at earlier ages and are taking it step by step - those Iranians that went to the bundesliga all played for a few seasons then went either back to Iran or UAE. These guys altogether will have longer European careers for pretty much everyone in that era besides Kia and Hashemian. And to be clear, European careers doesn't define talent. Almost everyone on the current TM roster is good enough for a decent European league (Belgian or Dutch for example).
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Honestly I see three future influxes of talent. U20, U18, Kia Academy

Comment

^ we are just amazing and the future is sooooo bright for TM!
                __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Team being the key word.
                  We have had much more talented individual players (1996-2006 being the golden decade), but this the first time TM consistently applies tactics for specific opponents and plays smart. Each player hustles. They communicate and they listen to the head coach.

I just hope this trend continues and we qualify with no worries for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    You see, those who are anti CQ are no different than those who claim there is a lack of talent. They defy logic honestly bc there is a books worth of facts that prove the opposite. Just bc our young stars at this very moment aren't playing in bundesliga or serie a doesn't mean they are inferior to the Iranians who went to bundesliga in that era. They are going at earlier ages and are taking it step by step - those Iranians that went to the bundesliga all played for a few seasons then went either back to Iran or UAE. These guys altogether will have longer European careers for pretty much everyone in that era besides Kia and Hashemian. And to be clear, European careers doesn't define talent. Almost everyone on the current TM roster is good enough for a decent European league (Belgian or Dutch for example).
                    completely wrong. my logic is pretty sound: our past generation of stars went to the top leagues and did very well for extended periods for the most part (Kia, Masoud, Hashemian, Daei, Rezaei, Nekounam). Even Teymo, Bagheri and Karimi had the talent in their prime to attract interest from EPL/Bundesliga. This was at a time when scouting was far less advanced and iranian players were seen as a bigger gamble/exotic. By contrast today, not a single one of our legionnaires has attracted concrete interest from these leagues.

Now, with a world-famous coach and a generation of players setting the trend of going to big clubs in the big leagues, our current best player plays for a Russian club.
                    Your logic: no, our current batch of european players are as/more talented, they're just taking their sweet time fiddling around in Russia and the Netherlands until Bayern Munich picks them up. You're speculating. and you also left off BEAST Rahman Rezaei who was one of the better defenders in Serie A, as well as prime Masoud and Nekounam.

Comment

completely wrong. my logic is pretty sound: our past generation of stars went to the top leagues and did very well for extended periods for the most part (Kia, Masoud, Hashemian, Daei, Rezaei, Nekounam). Even Teymo, Bagheri and Karimi had the talent in their prime to attract interest from EPL/Bundesliga. This was at a time when scouting was far less advanced and iranian players were seen as a bigger gamble/exotic. By contrast today, not a single one of our legionnaires has attracted concrete interest from these leagues.

Now, with a world-famous coach and a generation of players setting the trend of going to big clubs in the big leagues, our current best player plays for a Russian club.
                      Your logic: no, our current batch of european players are as/more talented, they're just taking their sweet time fiddling around in Russia and the Netherlands until Bayern Munich picks them up. You're speculating. and you also left off BEAST Rahman Rezaei who was one of the better defenders in Serie A, as well as prime Masoud and Nekounam.
                      Azmoun is 22
                      JB is 23
                      Ezatolahi is 20
                      Milad Mo is 23

These guys are not anywhere near their prime, in fact they are far from it. If you look at where each one of those players you mentioned were at those points in their career they were either fresh out of WC (which is a huge opportunity none of the above have had) and also had a few years on these guys. The only difference between them and the ones you listed by the end of their careers will be the latter will have fewer years in al soorakh and al shotor teams and have used those years in Russia and the Netherlands instead.

If you think Azmoun isn't going to play for many years in a top European league then you're just lying to yourself to prove your point. Same with ezi I mean this kid is literally not even of drinking age in the US and yet he is being compared to bagheri and nekounam how is that fair? Just look at his game, recognize his potential, and acknowledge the fact that he too has 100% capability to play at the highest levels because again if you do deny that then you're only lying to prove your point.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I saw the 1996 team and must say nowhere they were as good as the current TEAM!
                        yes 1996 had a lot of stars, but defensively we sucked.
                        Actually is goes back to the beginning of Iranian football, even in the Golden 70ies, we always sucked in the defense. We were amazing technically and very pushy in the offense but terrible to disastrous in the defense.

BUT NOW we see a team that defends like a Serie A team in Italy (remember Argentina game) and surpirses with some decent counters.
                        This really speaks volume for the job CQ has done. To me he is now above Ivic, O Farell, Blazevic, Mohajerani, Raikov, all combined. The man is a blessing for TM.

I enjoy watching football again.
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Your problem is you're exclusively basing this on club and nostalgia so you forget things. That beast Rezaei made numerous mistakes in TM. Even though Hosseini and Montazeri never played in Europe I would take them over him in TM any day.

Comment

Rezaei cost us a world cup spot in 2002 with his penalty.

Comment

I watched the recent Qatar game highlights. Team play was satisfactory, but to be competitive at the World Cup, Iran needs a lot of improvement on finishing in front of the goal, executing set pieces, and also physical conditioning.
                              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                                your right the problem is we will need like 10-15 CQs in all of iran football system, from 7-8 years old to TM, then we can play and beat teams like france and germany
                                loool

Comment

Working...
                                X