Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Syria - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (15.11.2016)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Qualifier: Syria - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (15.11.2016)

Match Information
    Game: Syria - Iran
    Venue: Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium, Seremban, Malaysia
    Date: Tuesday 15 November 2016
    Local Time: 20:00 MYT
    Tournament: FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying Games
    Stage: Final Round Match day 5, Group A

Match Report
    FIFA
    AFC

Officials
    Referee: TBA

Latest head-to-head results

Group Standings

Time Zones*
    04:00 Los Angeles - Vancouver
    07:00 New York - Toronto
    12:00 Lissabon - London
    13:00 Amsterdam - Berlin
    15:30 Tehran
    16:00 Dubai
    23:00 Sydney

Broadcasters
    The AFC Hub

*To avoid confusion, you can convert the times by yourself if you doubt the accurateness of this post here:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Our only loss against Syria was in 1973 for the WCQ 74 games in Tehran.

Comment

beironvand might miss the game, i wonder if haghighi would start ?
      sigpic

Comment

TM should have good support in this game hopefully

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranians_in_Malaysia

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
          TM should have good support in this game hopefully

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranians_in_Malaysia
          is so funny back in 1997 when i went malaysia , the whole country barely had 5k iranians, now there are over 100k iranian

Comment

Iranian players should play with lots of passion (ghayrat) knowing that fans are behind team in the foreign land. This is away game.

Iraq is playing its home games in Iran. Syria being close to Iran, politically, should have chosen Iran for its home games.

Syria is going through a difficult time in its history. Syrian players are playing with lots of passion (ghayrat).

The game should be played fairly and the good team should come out victorious. Iran should be ready more than Syria with torn out country.

May good team wins honestly.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I dont know why we are so worried about a team that doesn't even have a home to play in?!!! The TM we see today is 100000% different than even the TM we saw last year! CQ has finally achieved his objective of creating a cohesive, dynamic talented group of players ready and willing to execute the master tacticians plans on the pitch! SYRIA is shitting bricks in her pants at the thought of playing us! so sit back relax and let the slaughter begin!....

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                I dont know why we are so worried about a team that doesn't even have a home to play in?!!! The TM we see today is 100000% different than even the TM we saw last year! CQ has finally achieved his objective of creating a cohesive, dynamic talented group of players ready and willing to execute the master tacticians plans on the pitch! SYRIA is shitting bricks in her pants at the thought of playing us! so sit back relax and let the slaughter begin!....
                Don't underestimate any team. Remember our game against Lebanon 2014 WCQ? The fact that Syria has no home to play in might even be more fuel for them to come out and fight till the end.

Comment

There will definitely be some Iranians in the stadium but I do not expect it to be full. The match is going to be played in Seremban, probably an hour and a half drive from Kuala Lumpur. As the game is at 8pm on a Tuesday, I don't think many people would be willing to make the trip back and forth from KL.

Comment

If Assad wins this match he should lose Aleppo.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                      is so funny back in 1997 when i went malaysia , the whole country barely had 5k iranians, now there are over 100k iranian
                      You can thank our islamist regime for that.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                        Iranian players should play with lots of passion (ghayrat) knowing that fans are behind team in the foreign land. This is away game.
                        Iraq is playing its home games in Iran. Syria being close to Iran, politically, should have chosen Iran for its home games.
                        Syria is going through a difficult time in its history. Syrian players are playing with lots of passion (ghayrat).
                        The game should be played fairly and the good team should come out victorious. Iran should be ready more than Syria with torn out country.
                        May good team wins honestly.
                        I agree that they play with gheyrat and should be respected as a team, but I don't care who will be the good team, and if that happens to be Syria on that day, I'd rather see the 3 points in Iran's pocket, even if we played crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                          You can thank our islamist regime for that.
                          That's one of the only positives of this regime, having spread TM fans all over the world (joking)

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                            That's one of the only positives of this regime, having spread TM fans all over the world (joking)
                            #BrainDrain

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              Can i ask you why Malaysia?Did you go for School or job or was it family move?

Comment

Working...
                              X