No announcement yet.

Alexander Nouri @ Werder Bremen 16/17 [coach]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic result for Nouri and Werder, also considering many of his starters were not available for this match!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Nourinho for TM!!!!

I'd be willing to bet this guy will one day be out TM coach. He likes Iran and is building a nice reputation for himself. He's better off staying in Europe and as far away as possible from Iran for the foreseeable future but later on in his career it would be a sweet option.

In the meantime I hope he can bring an Iranian or two, would be very nice to see.
      very true. I think he needs to cement his position in the team first before he can bring any Iranians there.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Half time
        Eintracht Frankfurt 0 - 2 Werder Bremen

if they keep the result, they'll reach 38 points. well away from relegation and realistic chance for Europa league.

Comment

he is doing a good job, he can do well in europe, you need to start slowly, then make it big

Comment

excellent job, proud of him!
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

80 minutes 2-2

still a good result away.

Comment

"Nick Bidwell’s Notes from Germany: Bremen rising under rookie coach Nouri

Werder Bremen have been transformed, against the odds, by novice boss Alexander Nouri

Living dangerously and loving it. The stomach-wrenching pressure of a survival battle has brought out the best in rookie Werder Bremen boss, Alexander Nouri.

Promoted from within last autumn when head coach Viktor Skripnik was fired, the 37-year-old German-Iranian Nouri was anything but an instant Weserstadion hit. For several months he was unable to ease the club’s relegation fears and was rumoured, on more than one occasion, to be only one defeat away from the sack.

With the vultures hovering and increasing numbers in the media pointing to his lack of top-flight experience – fourth tier, Oldenburg, and the Bremen Under 23s being his only leadership roles of note – Nouri might easily have succumbed to panic. But to his credit, he kept his cool and since mid-February, his team have come alive, putting together an eight-game unbeaten run, winning six of them and picking up 20 points from a possible 24.

Instead of fumbling feebly in the drop zone, Werder are now motoring up the table and such is their new-found confidence that during the 3-0 home win against Schalke, Green-and-White fans were singing about qualifying for Europe.

Nouri has done what few thought possible – completely change the Werder mindset. A team once so passive, slapdash and easy to discourage, is now a wholehearted and unified band of brothers, a totally-committed fighting force. “There’s a solidarity about, us, ” says Nouri. ” It’s a very strong-willed group.The team spirit is unbelievable. “

Another key factor in the Bremen revival is their coach’s flair for defensive organisation. The statistics speak for themselves. No fewer than 31 goals against in the first 12 games of the season; only a dozen conceded in eleven ‘Spring Championship’ fixtures.

Werder’s current emphasis on a triple-lock rearguard and counter-attacking thrusts represents a real sea-change in approach. Under long-serving coach, Thomas Schaaf (1999-2013), the modus operandi was always to flood forward with reckless abandon. Nouri, however, is much more the firefighting pragmatist: ” Defending has to be the cornerstone of what we do, “

His principle back-line guardians ? Impressive keeper Felix Wiedwald, Finnish centre-back Niklas Moisander and bullish Danish ball-winner Thomas Delaney, who has proved a revelation since joining from FC Copenhagen in January.

And if Nouri did not have enough on his plate, he’s also had a spate of injuries to deal with. German international striker Max Kruse missed much of the pre-Christmas period with knee trouble, skipper Clemens Fritz recently damaged ankle ligaments and is out for the rest of the season; while for the past few weeks, an adductor problem has sidelined exciting young frontrunner Serge Gnabry.

Fortunately for the novice Bremen boss, there is plenty of fledgling talent bubbling up at the club, not least midfielder, Maxi Eggestein, Serb centre-back, Milos Veljkovic and full-back, Robert Bauer.

For both Nouri and Werder, the future looks much brighter."

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/nick...yom55zhttPz.99

Tactical review of Nouri's Werder Bremen: http://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/we...d,1582250.html

Comment

Werder Bremen 2-1 HSV

With this victory Werder Bremen climbs to the 8th place of the table. Strong result for Nouri and Bremen.

Comment

What an amazing coach - what he's done is incredibly impressive.

Comment

Given that Bayern will likely win the DFK Pokal (or w/e it's called) the next Europa position will go to the 7th place team so in theory Werder are only a point off a Europa league position. Mind you this was a team threatened with relegation beginning of the season. Nouri noor dad beh in team.

Comment

Post match comments:

""Nouri: "Completely deserved"

So the coaches saw the performance of their teams on the 29. Matchday of the Bundesliga season 2016/17 ...

Alexander Nouri (Werder Bremen coach): "This was a convincing achievement for my team, and the bottom line was that we won this game, and it was important that we did not lose our patience after the backlog Only to the next opponent, and his name is Ingolstadt. ""

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/b...-gewonnen.html

"Werder should extend with Nouri

I am especially pleased with the Bremen's decision to have held Alexander Nouri during the crisis . Nouri has never knocked on great sayings, has gone through his style, and has gone astray. One should extend his contract beyond the summer. It matches Werder. And Werder to him."

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/we...8218.bild.html

"Exclusive interview with Werder coach:

For the MOPO, the 37-year-old, who took 20 points from the previous eight games, took a long time to talk about his Northern roots, his Iranian roots and small misfortunes with his dog.

MOPO: They grew up in Buxtehude - no 40 kilometers from the Volksparkstadion. For which association did your heart beat in your childhood?
                        Alexander Nouri: Always for the club that has just played in the evening in the Europapokal. Then I was allowed to stay up late and watch the game with my father. Of course, I was also a spectator in the Volksparkstadion, but I was never really a fan of a club. I did not collect any autograms or buy tricots.

In the C youth you played for forward Wacker Billstedt. Would not it have been logical if the HSV had been the next step?
                        Maybe yes. But Thomas Schaaf was quicker. I had participated in the talent days at Werder. Then Thomas Schaaf showed me a way that I found very interesting and which ultimately shaped me very much.

It has been 23 years since you decided for Werder. In 2014, you returned to Bremen as a coach after 13 years of break. Because you were always in the heart of Werder?
                        I was at Werder in the boarding school, I became a professional at Werder, I met my wife in Bremen. Bremen and Werder, this is my home.

You have already scored twice this season, where you lost four games in a row. When were you afraid of your job?
                        Never. Together with my coach team, I was always convinced by our work.

Do not talk about the woman: man, what happens when we lose the next "final"?
                        You know, these discussions are part of the business of deciding on this business. These are the mechanisms. And I knew that when I accepted the job. So that was not a big problem.

They have two children in elementary school. They live in Weyhe, where Werder is surely the number one topic in the schoolyard. Were there silly sayings against your children in these crises?
                        Children are, of course, always very directly confronted. But we have a very good working environment. And so far I have not had the impression that she has burdened it.

Before the last Nordderby, Werder legend Tim Wiese has criticized as planeless. Did that hit you?
                        Not at all.

Did he apologize for that?
                        No. We have no contact.

What has helped you free yourself from these crises?
                        We have never lost our nerve and were convinced that our path is the right one even in times when the results have not been right.

Your contract expires at the end of the season. Have other clubs knocked at you?
                        For me, only Plan A counts - and that is Werder.

When will you extend?
                        We get together when we have achieved the class salary.

Her father is Iranian. In 2005 you traveled with him through his home country. What did you take with you?
                        It was very important to me to get to know the culture of Iran. I was then looking for my identity. This trip was very fulfilling and enriching for me.

Is there something in you that is typically Persian?
                        The culture and language are very emotional, very empathic. Many terms are emotionally so profound that you can not translate them into German. This openness of the people, which is very close to me.

In 1999 two Iranians joined the HSV with Mehdi Mahdavikia and Vahid Hashemian. Did you particularly pursue the two?
                        Yes. With Vahid I am still very close friends. We visit regularly. Also thanks to him, I am more frequent in Hamburg.

They are actively involved in an Afghan refugee project. How did it happen?
                        In Oldenburg I met Mansur Faqiryar, a goalkeeper from Afghanistan. After a trip to his homeland, he showed me pictures of orphanages. Both of us realized at the time that we wanted to do something. Mansur then founded a foundation, which I would very much like to support.

What does your help look like?
                        Here, for example, we offer football training for refugees. Through sport, the children and adolescents learn about values ​​such as fairness, which are extremely important for social coexistence. I have experienced it myself and would like to return something.

They have an incredibly positive charisma. Is there nothing you can bring to the palm?
                        (Considered long) Yes. We have a small dog, which is not yet quite clean. And if at home a small mishap happens, which I must eliminate, then it can bring me to the palm.

Are you a buddy type for your players?
                        No. We have a good, close bond, but for me it is incredibly important that I have a healthy distance to the players at the same time. I want to convince by arguments, not because I'm a nice guy.

Do you find it hard to disappoint players?
                        No. An honest feedback helps the player yes. It is important to respect each other respectfully.

Claudio Pizarro is one year older than you. How do you manage to sit on the bench without grumbling?
                        That's no problem at all. Claudio is such a well-deserved and great personality for this club and football in Germany, that I am so eager to cooperate with him. He also teaches his fun and love for football in every training session. Our approach is very honest, very open and very respectable.

They were not at Werder for 13 years. From 2001 to 2014. Aaron Hunt was 13 years at Werder. From 2001 to 2014. Have your paths crossed anyway?
                        No, unfortunately never.

Is it a key of this derby to turn it off?
                        He is in a very good condition and brings with him an incredibly great quality. But this is currently the case for the entire HSV team. It will not be easy. But we still believe we can win this game. Anyone who doubts about this can also stay directly on the couch.

You gave your players three days off after the 2-2 win over Frankfurt. Did you also personally charge the battery or was the derby omnipräsent for you?
                        Of course, you are dealing directly with the next game as a coach. I can not turn off anyway. But that's okay.

What does the derby mean for you?
                        This game is something special for everyone. This is no different for me as a coach than for the players. But on Sunday it is less about history than about the current explosiveness. Both teams are still fighting for class retention. And of course we want to be at the end of the season necessarily before the HSV.

And you are a derby expert. With Werders Reserve you won against HSV in 13 games eight times and scored three goals. Against no other club did this happen to you more often.
                        Really? I did not know the statistics. But for the game on Sunday this will unfortunately not be decisive in any form.

If you were facing the election: Derbysieg or a place in the Europa League, what would you take?
                        For us is the primary number of class retention. We do not deal with other things.

Could the players squint towards a Europe after a Derbysieg?
                        There is too much speculation in your question. We know that we need a top performance for HSV and we will be ready for it.

http://www.mopo.de/sport/hsv/exklusi...ehen--26699896

Comment

Great win. Totally deserved, and that in the derby. He can consider his job save for next season now.

Now I'm not entirely sure what I should wish more for him - playing in the Europa league next season or not.
                          His main priority for next season is to not be out of the relegation zone completely, in order to prove this season was no fluke and to establish himself as top coach. Everything besides that comes second.
                          The thing with German mid-table teams qualifying for the Europa league in recent years, is that they mostly fight against relegation the following season. Bundesliga teams (except for Bayern) all have too small rosters to cope with the extra physical pressure.
                          However it would be so great for him to gather international experience in such a "time-efficient" manner, since he is already at coaching that team next year.
                          Let's just wait for what happens. They should try their best in each game, and see what they get in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
                            Great win. Totally deserved, and that in the derby. He can consider his job save for next season now.

Now I'm not entirely sure what I should wish more for him - playing in the Europa league next season or not.
                            His main priority for next season is to not be out of the relegation zone completely, in order to prove this season was no fluke and to establish himself as top coach. Everything besides that comes second.
                            The thing with German mid-table teams qualifying for the Europa league in recent years, is that they mostly fight against relegation the following season. Bundesliga teams (except for Bayern) all have too small rosters to cope with the extra physical pressure.
                            However it would be so great for him to gather international experience in such a "time-efficient" manner, since he is already at coaching that team next year.
                            Let's just wait for what happens. They should try their best in each game, and see what they get in the end.
                            I really think ARJ would be a great fit in werder with nouri. An exciting , hardworking, young winger with an exciting hard, working, young, coach and team. There is a buzz around werder for the first time in years

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              I really think ARJ would be a great fit in werder with nouri. An exciting , hardworking, young winger with an exciting hard, working, young, coach and team. There is a buzz around werder for the first time in years
                              I was thinking the same. They would be perfect for him, especially if they make it to the Europa league. In that case they would be able to hold on Serge Gnabry and other outstanding players they have for next season, who really could carry them through the Europa League.
                              Serge Gnabry, Kruse, Jahanbakhsh, behind them Delaney, Bartels, Junuzovic and the strong defense they have, that would be a killer team.

Thinking of it now, I think they should go for it, they can pull it off. They already have a relatively large squad as Nouri brought along a couple of players from U23 and integrated them into the existing squad well, and they could sign a few more.
                              They can have a high flight in Europe and play a solid season back in the Bundesliga.

Comment

Werder Bremen is sixth boys!! They just beat Ingolstadt 4-2 and went past Cologne and for now Freiburg (have a game in hand). This Max Kruse guy is a tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X