No announcement yet.

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"FORGET THE ATTACKERS: THIS IS THE STAR MAN THAT PETERBOROUGH UNITED SIMPLY MUST HANG ON TO

There has been plenty of transfer talk around London Road this summer with a handful of players impressing immensely last season.

The most talk has been around Jack Marriott and Marcus Maddison with the pair scoring or assisting 57 goals between them for the Posh last season.

Marriott scored 24 league goals with four assists whilst Maddison managed eight league goals and 18 assists. But neither of these two are the star man that must be held onto.

That title falls to centre-back Ryan Tafazolli. The 26-year-old has been an absolute rock at the back since joining on a free transfer from Mansfield Town at the start of the 2016/17 campaign.

Strong in the air and tough in a tackle he is the sort of the defender that only comes along once in a while at League One level.

‘Taff’ has also been linked with a move away from London Road and with just a year left on his current contract, the Posh are pondering whether to go all out on a new deal or cash in."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fo...st-hang-on-to/

Ryan mentioned as a potential options for Leeds United:

"Three potential replacements for Pontus Jansson at Leeds United

The future of Sweden and Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson is a bit up in the air at the moment, following his comments to the Swedish media, hinting that he potentially sees his future away from Elland Road.

Jansson is expected to sit down after the World Cup to discuss his future, but Leeds United fans are starting to accept that the Swede may be moving on from the club.

If he does go, it is important that Leeds secure a solid replacement for him as they look to improve on last season’s 13th place finish in the Sky Bet Championship.

We take a look at three potential replacements for the Swedish defender if he does leave Elland Road this summer:

1) Ryan Tafazolli – Peterborough United:
    Ryan Tafazolli is currently the first choice central defender for Sky Bet League One side Leeds United, and has come on leaps and bound since joining the club from Mansfield two seasons ago. He is exceptional in the air, and has the ability to play out from the defence with ease."

http://the72.co.uk/104465/three-pote...-leeds-united/

Comment

I have never seen him play but does anyone think h is better than Majid Hoseini. Pouraligangi or Cheshmi

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
        I have never seen him play but does anyone think h is better than Majid Hoseini. Pouraligangi or Cheshmi
        No lol. But he is definitely 'useful'

Comment

I think he's better than Cheshmi at CB if I'm being honest with you, but not the other two.

If he really moves to a Championship team like Leeds I'm sure CQ will take another very hard look at him. He's only 26.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
            I think he's better than Cheshmi at CB if I'm being honest with you, but not the other two.

If he really moves to a Championship team like Leeds I'm sure CQ will take another very hard look at him. He's only 26.
            Agree with you bro

Comment

I don't think he ever get the call with the addition of Majid Hosseini and Cheshmi.

Comment

Peterborough United's coach is considering Ryan as a contender to captain the squad:

"The Peterborough United captaincy is up for grabs with three leading contenders, according to first-team boss Steve Evans.

Defenders Ryan Tafazolli and Jason Naismith and midfielder Alex Woodyard are the men in contention. Naismith and Woodyard only joined the club this summer.

“As for our new captain I have narrowed it down to three lads who I believe have the character to lead this team. I rate Ryan Tafazolli highly and Jason Naismith and Alex Woodyard have already shown their commitment to our club by honouring pledges to play for us rather than take advantage of late bids from other clubs.”"

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...mmer-1-8554594

Comment

Peterborough United unveil their home kit for the 2018-19 season feat. Big Taff

Comment

Ryan's team just played Abezdadeh's(Maritimo) I wonder if either of them played

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                      Ryan's team just played Abezdadeh's(Maritimo) I wonder if either of them played
                      Friendly: Maritimo 1:0 Peterborough United FT

*Ryan started the match and was subbed off at the half.
                      *Amir did not feature in this match

http://rr.sapo.pt/noticia/119125/mar...ve-com-vitoria
                      https://peterborough.vitalfootball.c...orough-united/

Comment

I hope we call him up and test him out in friendlies

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                          I hope we call him up and test him out in friendlies
                          If he doesn’t get a shot now, he will never get one. Cheshmi is injured and montazeri will likely be phased out (just my prediction). That leaves us with 2 open spots at CB. Personally for me I don’t see it happening as I can see CQ giving a shot to Mamad Naderi who’s now in Belgium and also promising and perhaps bring in someone he’s already familiar with like Ansari. Just my prediction....I’d love nothing more than for Ryan to get his fair chance in a TM camp
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I love this footballer but am simultaneously amazed that he has a 67 page thread.

For a multitude of reasons, I can't see him ever even coming near TM.

If he ever plays for TM then I promise I will pay 40 dollars each to every single person who has posted in this thread before me in this specific post.

Bookmark this.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              I love this footballer but am simultaneously amazed that he has a 67 page thread.

For a multitude of reasons, I can't see him ever even coming near TM.

If he ever plays for TM then I promise I will pay 40 dollars each to every single person who has posted in this thread before me.

Bookmark this.
                              How did you come up with an arbitrary 40 dollar figure? LOL

Comment

I'll take my payment in Rials: all 5,000,000! Though it could be in the billions by then.
                                زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Working...
                                X