No announcement yet.

Alireza Haghighi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The discussion is completely pointless seeing as he wouldn't be able to play for Iran for more than 4 years. Both FIFA rules and Iranian immigration laws need a person to be in the country for 5 years to be eligible, Jesus has barely even spent a full year.

The players born in other countries that play for European countries are immigrants to the nation and have spent more than 5 years there. Mike havenaar was born and raised in Japan....None are even remotely comparable with Jesus who again isn't close to being eligible.

Comment

Salin (Haghighi's main concurrent for starting position) is very likely to leave Maritimo this summer

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=614073

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
        Salin (Haghighi's main concurrent for starting position) is very likely to leave Maritimo this summer
        http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=614073
        Besiar aali.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
          And I don't care about Arabs, I care about European countries. If they're doing something and it works, maybe we should too. Sure as fucking hell worked for Australia and Japan (Havenaar).
          How important is Havenaar to Japan exactly? He isnt the differencemaker and is replaceable by many other forwards.

I dont know who you refer to for Australia but Spiranovic and other East European names on the team are children of Croatian immigrants in Australia.

If there was as an example, a polish immigrant whose family moved to Iran to avoid the holocaust/ww2 and he grew up in Iran and had kids. They would be more than welcome to play for Iran now. If a Japanese businessman moved to Iran and settled with an Irani girl and had kids that kid could definitely choose to play for Iran or Japan.

Mercenaries are different however. Rodrigo Tabata plays for Qatar now at 35. He's played in Qatar a couple years once he realizes he'd never be called up to Brazil.

Comment

Alireza has returned to Maritimo and trained with the team:

http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/fute...a-tecnica.html

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
              I really don't think he's a good keeper. He had a good WC but that's not everything, Ahmadi is a very average keeper and did great in our WCQ! Haghighi has not had any good games since the world cup and he makes a lot of mistakes.
              Both him, Ahmadi or at some point anyone now will look good behind CQ defensive system. It is not about him and Ahmadi as you well mentioned. He is an average keeper who had RIGHT AGENT at right time and also the DETERMINATION to play in better league, something that many kids in country don't have

Comment

^ Well said.

Comment

Haghighi still warming the bench?

Comment

Haghighi featured for Maritimo in a friendly against Second Division side Freamunde. He played the first half, and did not concede. They will play Braga in a friendly tomorrow:

"The coach Paulo César Gusmão kept his word to give opportunity to all players, having aligned two completely different teams in the two parts of the meeting. In the first half, the Brazilian bet on Haghighi, Patrick, Mauritius, Raul Silva, Fabio China, Jean Cleber, Fransérgio, Eber Bessa, Alex Smith, Ghazaryan and Dyego Sousa. In the second part, they played Charles, Pedro Coronas, Dirceu, Régis Silva Xavier, Felipe Manoel, Gevaro, Brito, Bruno Nunes, Djoussé and Nanny. The next training game Maritime is before the Sporting de Braga, on Friday, at 18:00, at the Municipal Stadium of Povoa de Varzim."

Read more at: http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/desporto/f...freamunde.html

Comment

Alireza Haghighi @ C.S. Marítimo Funchal Madeira | 2016

I was in Portugal a few days ago and I was travelling throughout the country. When I was sightseeing a tower in the lovely city Coimbra (recommend you guys to go there) I met a Portugese 30 year old guy named Pedro and we had a little chat, first about general things. When he asked where I came from, I said Iran and he was pleased to meet an Iranian for the first time in his life. He asked me if I knew the coach Carlos Queiroz and I said yes. We went on and talked about football. I named positive things about our coach to him and how much he meant for our football. The guy also praised Haghighi and asked me to take a picture together for his Facebook. Just wanted to share this little anecdote with you.

PS: my general impression of Portugese people is that they are very friendly. I met quite a few Portugese folks during my 2 week of travelling there, and it was worth every penny spending on that country. I think any Iranian footballer should consider an offer from clubs in the 1st/2nd league. Wonderful country.

Last but not least, I did a stadium tour in Benfica.

Comment

Portugal is one of my favorite places in Europe I had similar good encounters with people there it's no wonder why Haghighi wanted to go back there after his loan with Penafiel was up.

Anyhow looking at their roster he is probably going to be the #1, there are currently only 2 keepers and one was just brought in from Vasco da Gamma from Brazil, not sure if he's meant to replace ARH but I'm sure he will have a shot at being #1 he really needs to have a good season otherwise beiro or Mazaheri could take the #1 spot
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

a good season in europe for ARH and im sure he will become undisputed number one again in CQ's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            a good season in europe for ARH and im sure he will become undisputed number one again in CQ's eyes.
                            I hope so. Haghighi is the man!! He deserves to succeed.

Comment

Maritimo played a friendly vs Braga and lost 2-1. I think Haghighi played the whole game

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                                Maritimo played a friendly vs Braga and lost 2-1. I think Haghighi played the whole game
                                We're the goals his fault?

Comment

Working...
                                X