2016 U23 Asian Cup MD 2: 15/01/2016: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    I'm disappointed at the result. But not exactly at how we played.
    Yes, we did have defensive lapses that should not have happened, especially on the two Qatari goals in being too soon in offside trapping as well as how they Totally forgot to cover he far post. The t was criminal how they allowed the Qatari captain to waltz in and simply tap in. These are things that can be easily worked on with a little discipline.

But at the same time I must say the team and teamwork was quite satisfactory. We dominated the game for very long periods and we had quite a few chances to score . missed chances and the penalty as unfortunate and unlucky as they are, they're part of the game.

I'm just hoping they iron out these lapses. Will we advance? Almost definitely. We have the quality to go pas the Chinese. But our opponents in the next sage would definitely be much tougher.
    I still have hope we make it this year
    We played horribly. Nothing was done right: not passing, not setting up attack, not getting back to defensive formation: nothing.

This Qatar team was not good at all.

Comment

not even sure if we can manage a win vs china with this crappy coach.....the chinese have nothing to lose. they will go for it with full force to at least present one victory to their nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
        not even sure if we can manage a win vs china with this crappy coach.....the chinese have nothing to lose. they will go for it with full force to at least present one victory to their nation.
        China can still advance if they beat Iran 2 - 0.

They will go full attack on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
          China can still advance if they beat Iran 2 - 0.
          They will go full attack on us.

of course they have a 0,1 % chance to advace... not even sure if they have this 0,1 % chance because of this:
          The standings are based on points, head-to-head, goal-difference and number of goals of the teams tied
          this means if syria loses to Qatar no matter the score line syria will advance because of the win by their direct encounter vs china?
          Do i see it wrong?

And observe they are in minus -4 goals by the GD.

Comment

of course they have a 0,1 % chance to advace... not even sure if they have this 0,1 % chance because of this:
            The standings are based on points, head-to-head, goal-difference and number of goals of the teams tied
            this means if syria loses to Qatar no matter the score line syria will advance because of the win by their direct encounter vs china?
            Do i see it wrong?
            Let's say China beats Iran

And Qatar beats Syria

Then the standing is like this:

Qatar 9 points
            Iran 3 points
            Syria 3 points
            China 3 points

So the head-to-head rules are applied to Iran, Syria and China.

Iran defeated Syria, Syria defeated China, China defeated Iran.

So then they look at Goal Difference between the 3 teams. (all the results with Qatar are disregarded here)

Then it is possible for China to advance if they have a decent Goal Difference (by beating Iran 2 - 0 or more)

Comment

ok your right but 2 goals would not be enough vs iran to advance, at least 4, assuming Qatar wins vs syria by 1-0 ?

pretty complicated indeed.

Comment

ok your right but 2 goals would not be enough vs iran to advance, at least 4, assuming Qatar wins vs syria by 1-0 ?
                pretty complicated indeed.
                I just had to recalculate. It turns out China needs to defeat Iran by at least 3 goals.

Let's say China beats Iran 3 - 0, and Qatar beats Syria 1 - 0

The standings will be like this:

Qatar - 9 points - GD +5
                Iran - 3 points - GD -2
                Syria - 3 points - GD -1
                China - 3 points - GD -1

Iran, Syria and China have the same points, so the head-to-head rules in goal difference are applied to them (Qatar becomes excluded from this).

When the results with Qatar are excluded, the standing becomes this:

China - 3 points - GD +1
                Syria - 3 points - GD +0
                Iran - 3 points - GD -1

So China becomes 2nd place.

Comment

hehe high level of al gebra....the question is why Qatar records should be excluded and if they really get excluded accordibg to the afc rules? If not, then syria will advance on the basis of your figures because of the win by the direct encounter as said Before.

Comment

analysis with akbar mohammadi http://90tv.ir/video/201203/%D8%A2%D...85%D8%AF%DB%8C

Comment

Originally posted by Hajik View Post
                      Don't blame Khakpour....he is doing a great job. The problem was our defender (chesmi wasn't good yesterday the same for Akhbari and Kanaani).
                      Remember the draw against Turkmenistan? Was Queiroz fault that we had 1-1 against Turkmenistan?!
                      Now please be professionals and let's do the coach his job without saying always....what is he doing? khak bar sar khakpour? You are acting like kids!
                      Haji defending Basij. Takbir!
                      Just kidding

But come on! Think for a sec. Comparing an away tie, an unbeatable record in Asia by our senior team; with omid's two losses already?!!! Please! MK and KH both suck. They got to use the opportunity to Learn from CQ while he's here. If it's in UAE and Qatar, they milk the coach and get all the knowledge out from him. That's why in coaching we are in regression also.

I agree with you. Losses happen. Let's hope they learn from this; consult CQ and move on with a win over China. Only then we can say; it was only a hiccup. But if they fail to qualify both these basijis should be banned from giving opinion about our team Melli. They have bugged our qualifying campaign for World Cup and conspired to get our national team coaching staff in problems. That's why CQ is so bitter to them. Time for them to permanently leave! Specially with the boycotts being over and hardliners being pushed aside, time for these lunatics to understand and focus on their jobs and learn other than thrashing others.

MAYELI'S LAST CHANCE

I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS:

I'm the same boy that took a picture with you went you got off the bus in Karaj Qazvin road 28 years ago; kissing your head. You were my favorite player back then man. I warshiped pp and your play. But you disappointed my generation with attacking people and our great heroes like Daei

MAYELI, you can change. This is your last chance. If you fail, you're gone. If you win, take it as a lesson

A lesson from all of us:

When they failed: you put salt on their wound praising yourself saying how good you were with one great result in your history. You made that one result a sword on people neck. When they failed, you didn't raise a helping hand but cut their hands with your sword of pride.

When you failed: everyone is still patient watching you, giving you a chance because we know our pride is in your hands. After all it's our national team that you are leading. Whomever you are, our victory is a national victory. Don't betray your nation. LEARN!

Too bad I can't write Farsi
                      sigpic
                      SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                      IRAN
                      - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
                        Haji defending Basij. Takbir!
                        Just kidding

But come on! Think for a sec. Comparing an away tie, an unbeatable record in Asia by our senior team; with omid's two losses already?!!! Please! MK and KH both suck. They got to use the opportunity to Learn from CQ while he's here. If it's in UAE and Qatar, they milk the coach and get all the knowledge out from him. That's why in coaching we are in regression also.

I agree with you. Losses happen. Let's hope they learn from this; consult CQ and move on with a win over China. Only then we can say; it was only a hiccup. But if they fail to qualify both these basijis should be banned from giving opinion about our team Melli. They have bugged our qualifying campaign for World Cup and conspired to get our national team coaching staff in problems. That's why CQ is so bitter to them. Time for them to permanently leave! Specially with the boycotts being over and hardliners being pushed aside, time for these lunatics to understand and focus on their jobs and learn other than thrashing others.

MAYELI'S LAST CHANCE

I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS:

I'm the same boy that took a picture with you went you got off the bus in Karaj Qazvin road 28 years ago; kissing your head. You were my favorite player back then man. I warshiped pp and your play. But you disappointed my generation with attacking people and our great heroes like Daei

MAYELI, you can change. This is your last chance. If you fail, you're gone. If you win, take it as a lesson

A lesson from all of us:

When they failed: you put salt on their wound praising yourself saying how good you were with one great result in your history. You made that one result a sword on people neck. When they failed, you didn't raise a helping hand but cut their hands with your sword of pride.

When you failed: everyone is still patient watching you, giving you a chance because we know our pride is in your hands. After all it's our national team that you are leading. Whomever you are, our victory is a national victory. Don't betray your nation. LEARN!

Too bad I can't write Farsi
                        I doubt he is reading this.

Comment

2016 U23 Asian Cup MD 2: 15/01/2016: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

The referee for this match is ilgiz Tantashev from Uzbekistan. The only match he refereed with an Iranian team involved was Perspolis' 3-0 away loss to Al Nassr in which Al-Raheb did the slit the throat celebration.

And this was taremi's response.

And guess which of the two the western media was horrified by.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/2015/11/1...at-slit-motion

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                            I'm disappointed at the result. But not exactly at how we played.
                            Yes, we did have defensive lapses that should not have happened, especially on the two Qatari goals in being too soon in offside trapping as well as how they Totally forgot to cover he far post. The t was criminal how they allowed the Qatari captain to waltz in and simply tap in. These are things that can be easily worked on with a little discipline.

But at the same time I must say the team and teamwork was quite satisfactory. We dominated the game for very long periods and we had quite a few chances to score . missed chances and the penalty as unfortunate and unlucky as they are, they're part of the game.

I'm just hoping they iron out these lapses. Will we advance? Almost definitely. We have the quality to go pas the Chinese. But our opponents in the next sage would definitely be much tougher.
                            I still have hope we make it this year
                            Dr, I was soooooo waiting for your analysis on this one. For some reason, I have the and feeling that we are going to make it. And also there is not much of protest and anger because the offense played well but u lucky. And if we say anything is more aiming the coaching team for a bad strategy at the wrong time. Were they trying to avoid Saudis due to regional conflicts? Was he trying to rest the ACEs for important games only. why he didn't do it against China then ?!!! No one knows. But whatever it is, I hope we can rise after that and qualify.
                            sigpic
                            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                            IRAN
                            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Working...
                            X