TM Throughout the Ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM Throughout the Ages

I wanted to share some of these photos of TM that I have had on the computer for years.
    Amazing to see how many players have passed in and out of TM.
    The oddest ones to me are the teams GN picked and the ones Pourheydari picked.

TM - 1952

TM - 1958

TM-1960

TM - 1964 - Olympics

TM - 1968 - Asian Cup - Champions
    Iran-Hong Kong Match

TM - 1973

TM - 1976 - Friendly
    Iran - Romania Match

TM - 1976

TM - 1977 - World Cup Qualifiers - Qualified
    Iran - Kuwait Match Leg 2

TM - 1978 - World Cup
    Iran - Netherlands Match

TM-1979 - Olympic Qualifiers - Qualified
    Iran - North Korea Match

TM-1982

TM-1985

TM - 1988 - Asian Cup - Third Place
    Iran - Qatar Match

TM-1990 - Friendly
    Iran-St.Patrick's Athletic Match

TM - 1998

TM - 1998 - World Cup - 3rd in Group F
    Iran-Yugoslavia Match

TM - 1999 - Friendly
    Iran - Canada Match

TM - 2000 - Friendly
    Iran - USA Match

TM - 2000 - LG Cup - 2nd Place
    Iran - Egypt Match

TM Omid - 2002 - Asian Games - Champions

TM 2003 - AFC – OFC Challenge Cup - Champions
    Iran-New Zealand

TM - 2004 - Asian Cup - 3rd Place
    Iran - China Match

TM - 2005 - Friendly
    Iran - Libya Match

TM B - 2005 - Islamic Solidarity Games - 3rd Place

TM - 2005 - World Cup Qualifiers - Qualified
    Iran - Japan Match Leg 1

TM - 2005 - World Cup Qualifiers - Qualified
    Iran - Japan Match Leg 2

Full TM squad before leaving Iran for World Cup 2006

TM - 2006 - Friendly
    Iran - Rah Ahan Match - This is when GN was basically turning TM into Esteghlal

TM - 2006 - Friendly
    Iran - Costa Rica Match

TM - 2007 - Friendly
    Iran - Belarus Match

TM - 2007 - Asian Cup - Quarterfinalists
    Iran-Uzbekistan Match

TM - 2007 - Asian Cup - Quarterfinalists
    Iran-Malaysia Match

TM - 2008 - Friendly
    Iran - Azerbaijan Match

TM - 2009 - World Cup Qualifiers - DNQ
    Iran - South Korea Match - Leg 01

TM - 2009 - World Cup Qualifiers - DNQ
    Iran - South Korea Match - Leg 02

TM - 2009 - Asian Cup Qualifiers
    Iran - Singapore Match

TM - 2010 - Friendly
    Iran - Brazil Match

TM - 2011 - Asian Cup - Quarterfinalists
    Iran - Iraq Match

TM - 2011 - World Cup Qualifiers - Qualified
    Iran - Maldives Match

TM - 2012 - World Cup Qualifiers - Qualified
    Iran - Qatar Match Leg 2

TM - 2013 - World Cup Qualifiers - Qualified
    Iran - South Korea Match Leg 2

TM - 2014 - World Cup
    Iran - Argentina Match

TM - 2015 - Asian Cup - Quarterfinalists
    Iran - Bahrain Match
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nokhodi; 12-02-2015, 09:18 PM.

By the way, I have a lot more photos but I didn't want to make the post too busy. Bulk of the collection is from 2004 and after.

Comment

so many legends! thanks for the post!
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Nice!

Comment

TM - 2006 - Friendly
          Iran - Rah Ahan Match - This is when GN was basically turning TM into Esteghlal
          Nokhodi jaan, I have had this discussion before with certain other members with an agenda, but out of all people, I didn't expect you to say this and to use that match as an example of "GN's squad".

I don't care about GN, but this is how (false) rumors are started and taken as the truth. During my discussion with this other member I looked up EVERY match TM played under GN and posted the squads here on PFDC. In the first few games GN used some Esteghlali players and even used the 3-5-2 system with Fekri as a sweeper (keyword). Back then Esteghlal had won the league with Fekri as a sweeper having one of the best defenses and Fekri undoubtly was the best SWEEPER back then. Gradually he changed to a 4-defense back-line and got rid of Fekri since he didn't need a sweeper anymore in that system.

The only time GN used quite a lot of “Esteghlali” players was in his very first friendly match against the UAE (which we won btw) where he tried a bunch of the players he was familiar with and was used to from his championship winning team! As time went on and he got more time to work with the team, he pretty much got rid of all these players and barely used any players from Esteghlal again (all stats are there to look up, also in my post on PFDC). In general players from Esteghlal were actually one of the least used players under GN!
          Ironically, most players used by GN were from PP and Pas! The only ones who played for Esteghlal during the AC and made the final AC squad were Talebloo and Amir Hossein Sadeghi, both of whom were sitting on the bench.

So using the Rah Ahan match as an example of the squad is really unfair. I don't even count that Sunday afternoon practice game as a friendly match.
          That certain member even compared this squad against Rah Ahan to a WC team from Branko to "prove" that "we went from Karimi, Mahdavikia, Nekounam, Hashemian etc." to "Akbarpour, Amir Abadi and Manei". Do you see how twisted that is?

It's like me picking the squad of a random practice match under Branko and comparing it to the AC squad of GN. I digged up my post from back then and actually here is the comparison:

Originally posted by Amin
          TM under Branko:
          Vahid TALEBLOO
          Mohammad NOSRATI
          Sattar ZARE
          Yahya GOLMOHAMMADI
          Hossein KAEBI
          Andranik TEYMOURIAN
          Mojtaba JABBARI
          Mohammad ALAVI
          Javad NEKOUNAM
          Rasoul KHATIBI
          Ali DAEI

Subs: Javad KAZEMIAN
          Mehrzad MADANCHI
          Siavash AKBARPOUR

Or another one. TM under Branko, before GN:

Ebrahim MIRZAPOUR
          Yahya GOLMOHAMMADI
          Ali BADAVI
          Ebrahim TAGHIPOUR
          Hossein KAEBI
          Javad NEKOUNAM
          Ali KARIMI
          Alireza VAHEDI-NIKBAKHT
          Ali DAEI
          Mehdi RAJABZADEH
          Gholamreza ENAYATI

And now

TM after Branko, under GN:

Hassan ROUDBARIAN
          Rahman REZAEI
          Mehdi MAHDAVIKIA
          Jalal HOSSEINI
          Hossein KAEBI
          Fereydoon ZANDI
          Andranik TEYMOURIAN
          Javad NEKOUNAM
          Ali KARIMI
          Vahid HASHEMIAN
          Gholamreza ENAYATI
          So is it fair to say that Branko used the likes of Alavi, Akbarpour, Enayati, Khatibi, Rajabzadeh, Badavi and Taghipour in his team, while GN used Rezaei, Hosseini, Kaabi, Mahdavikia, Zandi, Nekounam, Teymourian, Karimi and Hashemian?!

So this must mean that Branko stacked his team with his players, so the likes of Taghipour, Nosrati, Alavi, Badavi, Rajabzadeh and Zare instead of Rezaei, Teymourian, Hashemian, Zandi, Karimi and Mahdavikia

You see my point?
          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

You're missing some awesome lineups from the 80s. I'll try to contribute with those.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Hassan Habibi is my unlce. Captain of 1968 tm

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                Nokhodi jaan, I have had this discussion before with certain other members with an agenda, but out of all people, I didn't expect you to say this and to use that match as an example of "GN's squad".

I don't care about GN, but this is how (false) rumors are started and taken as the truth. During my discussion with this other member I looked up EVERY match TM played under GN and posted the squads here on PFDC. In the first few games GN used some Esteghlali players and even used the 3-5-2 system with Fekri as a sweeper (keyword). Back then Esteghlal had won the league with Fekri as a sweeper having one of the best defenses and Fekri undoubtly was the best SWEEPER back then. Gradually he changed to a 4-defense back-line and got rid of Fekri since he didn't need a sweeper anymore in that system.

The only time GN used quite a lot of “Esteghlali” players was in his very first friendly match against the UAE (which we won btw) where he tried a bunch of the players he was familiar with and was used to from his championship winning team! As time went on and he got more time to work with the team, he pretty much got rid of all these players and barely used any players from Esteghlal again (all stats are there to look up, also in my post on PFDC). In general players from Esteghlal were actually one of the least used players under GN!
                Ironically, most players used by GN were from PP and Pas! The only ones who played for Esteghlal during the AC and made the final AC squad were Talebloo and Amir Hossein Sadeghi, both of whom were sitting on the bench.

So using the Rah Ahan match as an example of the squad is really unfair. I don't even count that Sunday afternoon practice game as a friendly match.
                That certain member even compared this squad against Rah Ahan to a WC team from Branko to "prove" that "we went from Karimi, Mahdavikia, Nekounam, Hashemian etc." to "Akbarpour, Amir Abadi and Manei". Do you see how twisted that is?

It's like me picking the squad of a random practice match under Branko and comparing it to the AC squad of GN. I digged up my post from back then and actually here is the comparison:

So is it fair to say that Branko used the likes of Alavi, Akbarpour, Enayati, Khatibi, Rajabzadeh, Badavi and Taghipour in his team, while GN used Rezaei, Hosseini, Kaabi, Mahdavikia, Zandi, Nekounam, Teymourian, Karimi and Hashemian?!

So this must mean that Branko stacked his team with his players, so the likes of Taghipour, Nosrati, Alavi, Badavi, Rajabzadeh and Zare instead of Rezaei, Teymourian, Hashemian, Zandi, Karimi and Mahdavikia

You see my point?
                Because you're a great member I will state that maybe I was a bit unfair. However I still think many of the players Pourheydari selected in the late 90s were really quite bad. Fekri, Hamedani, Helali, Navazi...

Comment

Thank you man, great post, it refreshed lot of memory(since 1986 for me!)

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post

You see my point?
                    You can not put up all the defenders and one striker in Branko's squad and compare it with all the midfielders and forwards in GN's squad?!!

Ps. Up until his injury, Taghipour was a great defender! He reminded you of today's Hosseini!

Comment

I can pretty much name everyone from 1979 photo.. Thanks again man

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Because you're a great member I will state that maybe I was a bit unfair. However I still think many of the players Pourheydari selected in the late 90s were really quite bad. Fekri, Hamedani, Helali, Navazi...
                        Actually with Pourheydari I kind of agree, although one could argue that there are some odd (what we think is odd) selections with every list and under every coach. Sometimes certain coaches see something in certain players that the majority of the fans fail to see. That's just how it is.

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          You can not put up all the defenders and one striker in Branko's squad and compare it with all the midfielders and forwards in GN's squad?!!

Ps. Up until his injury, Taghipour was a great defender! He reminded you of today's Hosseini!
                          Actually that was my whole point. Some people I talked about in my post picked out a few names from a totally unsignificant practice session against Rah Ahan and compared it to the WC team from Branko that played against Mexico and Portugal to say "look how we went from Karimi, Mahdavikia, Nekounam to Amir Abadi, Akbarpour and Manei".

That is totally unfair and that's why I said that's exactly like me picking a few names from a team that played a random friendly under Branko and compare it to the team that played at the AC under GN. Again, totally unfair!

Hope you get my point now.

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            TM-1946

That is not the 1946 TM. I see Moustapha Arab, Mehrab Shahrokhi and Aziz Assli who did not start playing for Tm until the 60s.

Comment

As always thank you Nokhodi jon. You are a great asset to our forum.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X