Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female footballer leaves Iran, husband overruled (AFP article 11/23/2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Female footballer leaves Iran, husband overruled (AFP article 11/23/2015)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/female-...7058--sow.html

Tehran (AFP) - A female Iranian football player whose husband barred her from travelling to a major tournament abroad has been allowed to leave the country for other matches after authorities stepped in.

Niloufar Ardalan, 30, who plays futsal -- a form of five-a-side -- missed the final of the Asian Championship in Malaysia in September, which Iran ended up winning.

Before the tournament she had been captain of the national side but her husband, Mehdi Tutunchi, a TV sports presenter, enforced his right under Islamic sharia law to ban his wife from leaving Iran.

Explaining his decision, Tutunchi said the games coincided with the couple's seven-year-old son's first day at school.

However Ardalan has since been granted a single exit visa by the judiciary that will allow her to compete for her country in a Futsal World Cup event in Guatemala from November 24-29.

State television's most popular football programme, "90" on Sunday announced Ardalan had left for Guatemala.

"Niloufar Ardalan, accompanied Iran's national women futsal team to Guatemala. They are now in Mexico" waiting for their visas, the programme stated on its website.

"My presence in the national futsal team camp happened because of the prosecutor's permission and I have a single exit permit" on my passport, Ardalan was quoted as saying.

Under sharia law, in force since Iran's Islamic revolution in 1979, a court can overrule a male guardian's decision relating to a daughter or wife.

"Niloufar Ardalan, who after problems with her husband missed the Asian championship matches, left the country without gaining his consent," the judiciary said on its news website.

Ardalan had previously appealed for a change to the law, that bars women from leaving home, let alone the country, without permission from their guardian.

"I wish authorities would pass a law for sportswomen so we can defend our rights in these circumstances," she told Iran's NASIM news agency in September.

Just as Iranian men who have not completed their military service get temporary permits to attend sport events abroad, "something must be done for us women too," she said.

Bilakh to her hezbollahi husband and arabo hezbollahi IR akhonds.

Comment

....under Sharia Law,.. how backward can a civilization get?!!!!

Comment

Her presence on Tuesday against Portugal did not help Team-e Melli.

This is a good way to raise awareness and bit the hell out of her backward shoohar.

I am glad people are learning that some if not all the Islamic laws are backward.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
          ....under Sharia Law,.. how backward can a civilization get?!!!!
          That's what bothers me the most. We, as an ancient civilization should be at the utmost peak in the terms of equal rights, self respect and respect towards others.....and we ended up with sharia law.
          Inser the most brutal face palm here.
          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Excuse my language, but fuck her husband.

What kind of asshole doesn't let their wife participate in the World Cup?

Jealousy perhaps? That she'll be more famous than his sorry ass? Or that other men will look at her and like her?

I hope she takes with fans and enjoys her time over there.

Koonesh enghad besooze ke natoone rooye sandali beshine. Martikeye olagh.

Comment

Mordeshoor oon ghanoone sharia oon reekhte boozinatoon bebare.

Reedam roo sharia o roo amat.

Comment

This is just IR propaganda

Comment

Damn trammelli1 throwing out all the big words! [emoji1]

Comment

Mehdi Tutunchi = khayee malee rahbar
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

I saw this on the first page of worldnews on reddit like 4 days ago. This right is here is what the world sees of Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        Damn trammelli1 throwing out all the big words! [emoji1]
                        Kamran jan should ban me 😄

Because everyone is offended by my disrespectful words towards the Islamic Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                          I saw this on the first page of worldnews on reddit like 4 days ago. This right is here is what the world sees of Iran.
                          You do not make sense. Try to read what you type before sending it.

Iran is NOT as religious country as Saudi Arabia. But you won't read a negative news about beloved Saudi's.

Iranian women have taken a huge steps towards improving their own living conditions and the more exposure the better for our women.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                            You do not make sense. Try to read what you type before sending it.

Iran is NOT as religious country as Saudi Arabia. But you won't read a negative news about beloved Saudi's.

Iranian women have taken a huge steps towards improving their own living conditions and the more exposure the better for our women.
                            I don't mean to argue, but reddit has news from around the world. It's a database of news that people add, upvote and comment. Here is the link with the comments of millions of people around the world.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c..._allow_female/

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                              I don't mean to argue, but reddit has news from around the world. It's a database of news that people add, upvote and comment. Here is the link with the comments of millions of people around the world.

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c..._allow_female/
                              Originally you stated:

The second part: This right is here is what the world sees of Iran.
                              this second part does not make sense.

The world news is biased towards countries that go against Western establishments. Otherwise, why there is no negative news about Saudi Arabia?

Comment

Working...
                              X