Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your choices for our two Wingers moving forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have to choose between Jahanbakhsh, Amiri, Torabi and Taremi to start for TM moving forward as our wingers, who do you pick?
    Amiri
    0%
    Jahanbakhsh
    0%
    Taremi
    0%
    Torabi
    0%

Jahanbakhsh is a lock for sure. As for the others I think they need to be tested more. At this point I don't think I can pick one out of those 3 until I see one really jump ahead

Comment

Personally, I would pick Taremi and Jahanbakhsh, I know it's my poll lol, but I thought I'd give my choice. Taremi plays with a sense of urgency and is always trying to create. After Amiri's first few inspiring performances, he has kind of disappeared recently. He runs with the ball a lot, but nothing really comes of his touches on the ball. I think moving forward, Taremi and Jahanbakhsh should be first choice, while Torabi and Amiri are back ups.

I love Ashkan as the CAM by the way. Finally a creative player who can hold the ball and link defense to offense. I've been advocating for him to be the playmaker since he joined, as I felt he was wasted on the right wing. I hope that from now until he retires, he will be our CAM. He moved to Qatar, but the guy is still one of our best, and can fill a position that we need.

Since Gucci is a left-footer, I wouldn't mind trying him on the left-wing. He plays that position sometimes with his clubs, and he is pretty good, since he is a work-horse.

If Gucci is fit by early October, I would love to see this front line against Japan:

-------------------Azmoun---------------
      Ghoochannejhad-Dejagah-Jahanbakhsh

Replace Azmoun with Torabi, Dejagah with Taremi, Gucci with Amiri, and Jahanbakhsh with Sharifi if he is invited.

Comment

Just wondering, have you watched Torabi play other than his three TM caps? He is not a CM, CAM, and I wouldn't really call him a winger either. His primary positions are RB and RM....he can play RW as well but that's definitely the least desire able of the three options to place him. CAM is definitely not an option for him either.

For now the two wingers have to be JB and Amiri. JB is just on another level compared to our players IMO and Amiri is the best winger in the PGL and when he was dribbling Swedish and Chilean defenders the way he did he proved his quality. Dejagah proved he could play well as a CAM and Taremi of course can play either as a striker of CAM.....he did wel on the wing today especially when linking up with dejagah and Ghafouri but I'd rather see him be brought on in the second half. His explosiveness will have a bigger impact in the second half with tired legs on the opposition.....when JB is fit that spot on the wing is his.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Taremi isn't a winger, he and Azmoun work perfectly as the forward pair, rather have those two than reza and azmoun

Comment

Jahanbakhsh and Hajsafi. Put someone else as left back.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
              Ditto and Milad Mohammadi as LB

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                Just wondering, have you watched Torabi play other than his three TM caps? He is not a CM, CAM, and I wouldn't really call him a winger either. His primary positions are RB and RM....he can play RW as well but that's definitely the least desire able of the three options to place him. CAM is definitely not an option for him either.

For now the two wingers have to be JB and Amiri. JB is just on another level compared to our players IMO and Amiri is the best winger in the PGL and when he was dribbling Swedish and Chilean defenders the way he did he proved his quality. Dejagah proved he could play well as a CAM and Taremi of course can play either as a striker of CAM.....he did wel on the wing today especially when linking up with dejagah and Ghafouri but I'd rather see him be brought on in the second half. His explosiveness will have a bigger impact in the second half with tired legs on the opposition.....when JB is fit that spot on the wing is his.
                I didn't know his natural position was RB/RW, I assumed he could play LW, as he did so against Uzbeks when we played them. I remember him dribbling in quite well from the left a few times, and he did well on that side. If it's not his natural position, then you're correct, he could be a sub behind Jahanbakhsh. I think our RB position is fixed with Ghafouri and Rezaeian.

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
                I would like Hajsafi to play the CM alongside Ando. My lineup going into the future after phasing out the 30+ year old players would be:

------------------Biranvand-------------------
                Ghafouri-Pouraligangi-Kanaani-Mohammadi
                --------------Ezatollahi-Hajsafi---------------
                Jahanbakhsh-----Dejagah--------------Gucci
                --------------------Azmoun-------------------

It seems like a waste to me to have Azmoun or Gucci on the bench moving forward. I would like to see a game where they play together with Jahanbakhsh and Dejagah. I think those 4 would be deadly up-front as they are the ones with the most European training at the moment, and would be nice to use that forward line until Taremi, Torabi, etc. can move to stronger leagues to develop.

Azmoun is a class above our other young players, and there is a reason he went to Russia so young. Hopefully some other players can follow suit and move to even better leagues soon.

Comment

Gucci and Azmoun

Comment

As far as wingers are concerned, I'd take Hajsafi on the left and Jahanbakhsh on the right. In the absence of a proper CAM, I'd use Dejagah.

If the Austrian trial is a measuring stick to go by, then Mohammadi should be tested for the LB role. Montazeri and Hosseini are our current CBs but Kanaani and Pouraliganji can take over at any time. RB can rotate between Ghafouri and Rezaeian.

DM is a very competitive area. We currently have Ando, Ebrahimi, Ezatolahi, Karimi, and potentially Nourollahi. As captain, Ando is a bit of a lock-in but Ebrahimi feels like a temporary solution. He's good but he's not world class (especially considering that he has to fill Nekounam's role). If given the chance, Ezatolahi may take over that position in the near future.

In any list, there are always expendable players who can easily be turned over by the next call-up. For example, a healthy Azmoun, Gucci, Dejagah, Ando, Hosseini, Hajsafi, Montazeri, and a few others will always be called up. They form the current backbone of Team Melli.

Those that are still on the fringes are the likes of Alishah, Torabi, Karimi, and Akhbari.

Comment

Definitely Hajsafi as LAM and Jahanbakhsh as RAM!!! If we play with 1 striker, Azmoun upfront and Taremi and Gucci on the bench!

Comment

Amiri and Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

Working...
                        X