Iranians in Europe (without threads) - Page 13

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Iranians in Europe (without threads)

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 Times in 1,172 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I wasn't implying that they should be playing for TM, I was just saying I found some, hence my caps locked "LOL"

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Just a fun tid bit:

A random dude named Arsalan Ashtari (1993) scored for his 3rd tier team Enskede in Stockholm today.
    Funny thing is that it seems he was invited to the Azeri U19 team like 5 years ago..

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Brwa Nouri will play for Iraq. Apparently, he has said that, as a Kurd, it is an honour to play for Iraq.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,064 Times in 6,655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorakhian View Post
    Brwa Nouri will play for Iraq. Apparently, he has said that, as a Kurd, it is an honour to play for Iraq.
    Lol. That sounds very odd for an Iraqi Kurd to say.

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Lol. That sounds very odd for an Iraqi Kurd to say.
    Isn't he an Iranian Kurd? If not, why the hell is he mentioned every now and then on this site?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Soorakhian For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    Thanks
    Source?

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,832 Times in 1,347 Posts
    as a Kurd, it is an honour to play for Iraq.
    Said no one ever...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to littlepersia17 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hormozgan View Post
    Source?
    Here is a Swedish source:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It says that he has been included in the squad for Iraq's upcoming WCQ matches. I haven't double checked, but I assume that it is true given that it is a reliable source.

High-Ranked Member
    Thanks
    Here is a Swedish source:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It says that he has been included in the squad for Iraq's upcoming WCQ matches. I haven't double checked, but I assume that it is true given that it is a reliable source.
    Thx! Yeah, pretty legit outlet.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,563 Times in 2,109 Posts
    Isn't he an Iranian Kurd? If not, why the hell is he mentioned every now and then on this site?
    Kurds have usually several passports. I know few Iranian kurds who were born in Iran and had both Iraqi and Iranian passports. Also, I knew an Iraqi Kurd from Suleymanieh who preferred Iran over Iraq and addressed himself as Iranian. Kurdistan is divided between Iran-Iraq-Turkey-Syria so many Kurds have a combination of nationality of those 4 countries. The combination is usually from two countries (Iran-Iraq, Turkey-Syria, Iraq-Turkey,...). Add to this the nationality of those who move to the west to get things more complex. It is to facilitate their movement across the region and to have a safe haven in case of political trouble in one of the two countries.

This gives them the opportunity to switch nationality whenever they want but according to fifa only one and most international laws only two major nationalities are recognized at the same time not more.

A more clear example is that a Kurd who has both Iranian and Iraqi passports, immigrates to a country like Germany or Sweden. After obtaining the citizenship in his/her host country he/she will have 3 passports! So he/she can decide which country to represent for

1. Germany
    2. Iran
    3. Iraq

In case of Brwa, he can represent Sweden, Iran or Iraq. Since his chances to represent the first two countries were slim, he took his chance to be in Iraqi team. This does not make him Iraqi from now on but he won't be able to represent Iran anymore. He was born in Uromia and depends on his family's origin he might be an Iranian Kurd. Gucci is also dual citizen and playing for Iran doesn't make him less Dutch because he didn't have the chance to play for Holland.

Anyway, let's move on. He won't be eligible to play for Iran any longer, but you can still enjoy his matches in Swedish league. Please don't hate him for choosing Iraq (Aria Jasuro Hasegawa decided to not represent Iran despite being half Iranian and we should respect their opinion he is still Iranian), he probably had zero chance representing Iran with his age and quality. Saman Ghoddos has better quality and he is younger.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PersianLegion For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 192

You do not have permission to view the list of names.