No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azerbaijan playing Germany right now. They recently scored to make it 1-1!! Annnnnnd conceded a goal right after :/

Comment

Padideh and Peykan defenders Haroyan and Hayrapetian are in action for Armenia vs. Kazakhstan. Esteghlal CB Mgoyan on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Azerbaijan playing Germany right now. They recently scored to make it 1-1!! Annnnnnd conceded a goal right after :/
        I know a lot of members here don't like Azerbaijan, but personally after Iran and other Persian speaking countries, they are the only other national team I support.

Anyways, some other news in AC2019 qualifiers:

FT - Chinese Taipei 1:3 Turkmenistan

This is very good, we should hope all CAFA nations win in order to strengthen our sub federation.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
          I know a lot of members here don't like Azerbaijan, but personally after Iran and other Persian speaking countries, they are the only other national team I support.

Anyways, some other news in AC2019 qualifiers:

FT - Chinese Taipei 1:3 Turkmenistan

This is very good, we should hope all CAFA nations win in order to strengthen our sub federation.
          Why dislike Azerbaijan? Im not a supporter but I don't dislike them.. Anyways good for Turkmenistan! They are a stronger team than people think.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
            Padideh and Peykan defenders Haroyan and Hayrapetian are in action for Armenia vs. Kazakhstan. Esteghlal CB Mgoyan on the bench.
            Mkoyan was injured for a long time and just came back from it recently I think? Maybe that's why he isn't starting

Comment

Armenia 2-0 Kazakhstan
              Haroyan and Hayrapetyan played 90 mins.

Mgoyan indeed recovered from an injury. He didn't feature in an official game yet.

Comment

Qatar aim to salvage some pride in Tashkent

25 Mar 2017 - 9:07

Qatar will be aiming to forget their narrow 1-0 loss to Group A leaders Iran in a hurry as they hit the road to take on Uzbekistan in their next 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier on March 28 in Tashkent.

On Thursday, Iran defeated Jorge Fossati’s side’s 1-0 victory in Doha putting the 2022 World Cup hosts chances of qualifying for the Russia show piece event in jeopardy.

"I had big expectations from the match against Iran, really I am very sad," said Qatar coach Fossati after watching his team lose to a Mehdi Taremi goal.

A cool Mehdi Taremi finish in the 52nd minute was the difference between the two sides in an ill-tempered match.

Defeat left ambitious Qatar bottom of the group, six points off the automatic qualification spots.

"After the goal we continued putting in the effort but we didn't have the organisation," said Fossati.

"Without organisation it's very difficult to beat a very tough opponent."

The Uruguayan tactician rued the missed chances.

"As promised our team tried to do their best and they put up a great fight. I think until the goal was scored, the game was in the balance. After the goal, we pressed hard but were not well organised.

"We had many opportunities that were not converted. I tried with a substitution to add firepower to the attack but unfortunately, we could not get the result we desired."

Asked about Qatar's hopes of making it to Russia he responded glumly: "I am not sure about the mathematics but for sure we are back in a very bad, bad situation. We have to think of the next game." Taremi's winner came during a tight, tense encounter with neither team carving many clear-cut chances.

The result means Qatar are bottom of Group A with just four points from six games.

With four matches to play, Qatar are 10 points behind leaders Iran and six points adrift of South Korea who occupy the top two spots which guarantee automatic qualification to Russia in 2018.

Even their hopes of finishing third, where Uzbekistan sit with nine points, and where they would progress to a last chance play-off now seem remote.

They are even four points back from Syria, a nomadic team, without key players, who have to play their "home" matches in Malaysia due to the ongoing civil war.

Iran can also end China's remote dreams of the World Cup when they play on March 28 in Tehran.

Comment

Please take this argument to another thread.

Comment

why people keep writing irrelevant issues here

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno
                      Azeris speak a Turkic language, but they're ethnically and culturally Iranian (and have been for time immemorial).
                      Let us discuss this issue on another thread plz.

Comment

^
                        indeed.

This a is a football forum, pls stick to the topic guys.
                        Unrelated posts will be/have been deleted.
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Games on ESPN3:
                          http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index#...soccer-futbol/

4:55 AM EDT Australia vs. United Arab Emirates
                          6:55 AM EDT South Korea vs. Syria
                          7:55 AM EDT Iran vs. China

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

aus game up aperently, the youtube have english commetary, i dont know how

Comment

aus 1-0

Comment

The Australia UAE game on YouTube have commentary, not bad 👍

Comment

Working...
                                X