Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Parking lot has to be finished.
    Parking lot won't be finished until a very important gas pipeline adjacent is moved. This needs a permit and alot of planning.

Let's just say not soon.
    Let's see how quick Ahvazi football fans will break the seats and throw them on the pitch and throw objects at all breakable materials and damaging the whole stadium with a single unfavorable referee call...

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      Let's see how quick Ahvazi football fans will break the seats and throw them on the pitch and throw objects at all breakable materials and damaging the whole stadium with a single unfavorable referee call...
      You seem to have a good understanding of the culture.
      My mother’s side of family are all Ahvazi/Dezfuli.
      What you’re describing is basically every family gathering at about 45 minutes in.
      It’s just the way of my peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by Butaloh View Post
        You seem to have a good understanding of the culture.
        My mother’s side of family are all Ahvazi/Dezfuli.
        What you’re describing is basically every family gathering at about 45 minutes in.
        It’s just the way of my peoples.
        Basically, don't mess with anyone from Ahvaz

Figo knows

Comment

They gotta do a Wembley to the old Amjadieh.

That place can be extremely intimidating to visiting teams if they get rid of the track.

Even with a 30K capacity it can put the frightening into visiting players more than Azadi with a 100K.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
            They gotta do a Wembley to the old Amjadieh.

That place can be extremely intimidating to visiting teams if they get rid of the track.

Even with a 30K capacity it can put the frightening into visiting players more than Azadi with a 100K.
            I doubt it's even feasible. Amjadiyeh is in the heart of Tehran and traffic is hectic as is. Now imagine official matches of Tehran giants or even TM taking place at Amjadiyeh. Traffic within 5 mile radius will be horrendous with all streets being jammed or closed. Not to mention the parking issue. I am almost confident there is no proper parking structure designated to the stadium, and now it's too late to add that as the surrounding area is all residential and commercial and nothing can make sense to add the parking (With the IR standards that we're aware of)

Comment

Our best bet in Tehran is Takhti stadium. It's our easiest option to turn Takhti into a modern and beautiful stadium without going through crazy hassle and difficulties. The stadium is already half built with plenty of available space around it to build multilevel parking structure. I never understood why they never perfected and completed that stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                I doubt it's even feasible. Amjadiyeh is in the heart of Tehran and traffic is hectic as is. Now imagine official matches of Tehran giants or even TM taking place at Amjadiyeh. Traffic within 5 mile radius will be horrendous with all streets being jammed or closed. Not to mention the parking issue. I am almost confident there is no proper parking structure designated to the stadium, and now it's too late to add that as the surrounding area is all residential and commercial and nothing can make sense to add the parking (With the IR standards that we're aware of)
                Not sure about now but back in the day Amjadieh was in 'mahdoodeh" which was the part of the city that cars were not permitted to go (besides those that had a special sticker permitting them to do so). If you wanted to drive in there, you had to get in before 7:00am if I'm not mistaken although it may have been 6:00am. We used to do that when we went there early in the morning when it was still pitch black to play indoor badminton.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Foolad Arena (officially known as Foolad Khuzestan Stadium) was opened to the public.
                  Foolad Khuzestan - Sepahan was the first match.

https://hw15.cdn.asset.aparat.com/ap...WqZ1iPisDxicAU

IRIB cheap fools didn't place HD cameras, but the placement of the cameras is spot on. That's due to good stadium design. Kudos to the Foolad Khuzestan management for pushing to get this done.

Also, looking at the video and seeing how Foolad fans rush to edge of the railing as soon as they score... I fear for the fans and players. No wonder Iranian stadiums need conscripts along the railing in every stadium.
                  Last edited by Nokhodi; 03-15-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Foolad Arena (officially known as Foolad Khuzestan Stadium) was opened to the public.

IRIB cheap fools didn't place HD cameras, but the placement of the cameras is spot on. That's due to good stadium design. Kudos to the Foolad Khuzestan management for pushing to get this done.

Also, looking at the video and seeing how Foolad fans rush to edge of the railing as soon as they score... I fear for the fans and players. No wonder Iranian stadiums need conscripts along the railing in every stadium.
                    I would imagine they made the stadium oval shaped.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I've seen more footage of the stadium from the game and only in Iran the fans could make such a modern and intimate stadium look and feel so shit. No coherent chants or uniformity amongst the fans, people walking in late. In general, our football culture is so behind considering we're a "Asian" powerhouse with a long histry.

Comment

Why are people on this forum so self-hating? I assume majority of us are Iranians who have spent many years in the West or in some cases born and raised in the west, so surely we are the ones who know that Iran is neither heaven nor hell, nor is the West..

Football stadiums are universally a place where working class young guys spend the afternoon (unless they are completely priced out like in London where I live average wage for a young person, £400 per week, ticket to Arsenal/Tottenham/Chelsea - £140) so of course you will not see theatre/opera type behaviour.

As an Iranian, its very difficult and annoying to see comments that imply Iran is a huge laat-khooneh - "No wonder Iranian stadiums need conscripts along the railing in every stadium." Do you see how many police are on duty at European games??

Comment

The one thing that keeps me from watching IPL games regularly is the camera quality. I don’t want to be watching videos at 4:3 480p! It’s 2019 man, I just want good picture quality, and where I can actually see the ball clearly!

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                            The one thing that keeps me from watching IPL games regularly is the camera quality. I don’t want to be watching videos at 4:3 480p! It’s 2019 man, I just want good picture quality, and where I can actually see the ball clearly!
                            That's what I was thinking today when watching Perspolis' match. The TV broadcast quality of most PGPL games is so poor that it makes you think you're watching World Cup 1974 matches.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                              I'm just wondering how they're implementing VAR with this atrocious camera quality!

Comment

Originally posted by mistermo View Post
                                I'm just wondering how they're implementing VAR with this atrocious camera quality!
                                There is not such thing as "VAR" being employed in Iran. At least not yet. The best they have been able to offer is behind the goal referees, for that has had its own flaws and shortcomings.

Comment

Working...
                                X