AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
    that is not a good excuse. that is the same for every team and every country. how come after 12 years of new format ACL we have not been able to adjust while teams from China, Australia have been able to produce champions never mind, Korea, Japan, Saudi, UAE and Qatari teams.
    It used to be easier for Iranian teams because IPL management used to postpone the teams playing in ACL whenever there were conflict timing, but IFF and IPL is not practicing that anymore.

Comment

you are right, i am just hating on our league. you are correct. it is such a flourishing league that we are shooting blanks since 1992!!!

Our league is so good that the top teams in our league get man handled while in the league they steamroll over everyone.

yes you are right I am totally out of line with my comments.
      I like agree with most of your point, but you are really ignoring a lot of realties. I just said in another post what happened to Tractor and Foolad. Foolad had shortage of players because of Sarbazi and Tractor played great attacking football, unfortunately their coach made some bad choices (resting some their best players) and their defense sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        I really dislike the two legged final, it's outdated and takes away all excitement from a real final. In Europe they left this format years years ago and Asia should do the same.
        i totally agree, it is a very bad system especially especially for IPL teams that change every season with players, coaches etc.... but it is what it is we have to deal with it til they change it.

this format is set up for favor teams from east asia, because both K league, A League, J league, China League are just starting up so as they move along they get stronger and stronger.

this format heavily favors the eastern teams and rightfully so as they have more money invested in AFC in term of commercials etc.....
        IRI = FAILED

Comment

that is not a good excuse. that is the same for every team and every country. how come after 12 years of new format ACL we have not been able to adjust while teams from China, Australia have been able to produce champions never mind, Korea, Japan, Saudi, UAE and Qatari teams.
          The ACL is a joke tournament.

For example, most East Asian teams have a completely different league schedule than most West Asian and European clubs so they come into this tournament usually much more fresh and then end the tournament right when they're peaking.

Most Arab teams also spend alot of money on superstars. Its a completely frivolous waste of money.

Alot of other reasons too..

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            They spent a lot of money
            and we are not!! we are spending a great deal of money in our league, BUT all in the wrong places, mostly in useless contracts. just look how much money PP lost this year on 3 different coaches!!
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

you are right, i am just hating on our league. you are correct. it is such a flourishing league that we are shooting blanks since 1992!!!

Our league is so good that the top teams in our league get man handled while in the league they steamroll over everyone.

yes you are right I am totally out of line with my comments.
              It's nothing like you say here, don't go from one extreme to another. The only thing I care about is that our domestic players show that they are strong enough to still achieve results with minimum budgets, poor facilities against these arab teams with billion dollar foreigners and world class environments handed to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

For example, most East Asian teams have a completely different league schedule than most West Asian and European clubs so they come into this tournament usually much more fresh and then end the tournament right when they're peaking.

Most Arab teams also spend alot of money on superstars. Its a completely frivolous waste of money.

totally, as i said earlier it favors East more than the western teams.
                IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  It's nothing like you say here, don't go from one extreme to another. The only thing I care about is that our domestic players show that they are strong enough to still achieve results with minimum budgets, poor facilities against these arab teams with billion dollar foreigners and world class environments handed to them.
                  good for you. good to hear your expectations are low.
                  IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Not only that but in Arab leagues most of the time only one of maximum two teams compete for the title, as competition is non-existent, which enables them to rotate more in the league and be fresh in the ACL. Compare this to IPL where you have 4-5 teams competing for the title and are completely exhausted when arriving at their ACL matches, which leads to teams like Tractor favoring the league over champions league matches.

Comment

No matter how you look at it, unfortunately we are being schooled by Arab teams, we just need to set back, re group and build a better quality league and players.

Comment

Congratulations to Persepolis and Naft for making it to the next round...!

Which teams are they playing next?
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          I really dislike the two legged final, it's outdated and takes away all excitement from a real final. In Europe they left this format years years ago and Asia should do the same.
                          It works well in Europe since it's a small continent and it's easy for fans to travel. Now imagine Perspolis is playing against Kashiwa Reysol of Japan in the final and they choose Malaysia as a city to host the final. It would be so difficult for fans to travel there and they're not fill the whole stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                            Not only that but in Arab leagues most of the time only one of maximum two teams compete for the title, as competition is non-existent, which enables them to rotate more in the league and be fresh in the ACL. Compare this to IPL where you have 4-5 teams competing for the title and are completely exhausted when arriving at their ACL matches, which leads to teams like Tractor favoring the league over champions league matches.
                            You could not be more wrong, compare IPL vs Saudi vs UAE since 2008, saudi had 5 different teams winning the championship except IPL who had 4 teams and uae with 4. which league is more comparative?!?

saudi league champion since 2008:
                            2007–08 Al-Hilal
                            33 2008–09 Al-Ittihad
                            34 2009–10 Al-Hilal
                            35 2010–11 Al-Hilal
                            36 2011–12 Al-Shabab
                            37 2012–13 Al-Fateh
                            38 2013–14 Al-Nassr

5 different teams.

UAE league
                            2008–09: Al-Ahli
                            2009–10: Al-Wahda
                            2010–11: Al Jazira
                            2011–12: Al-Ain
                            2012–13: Al-Ain
                            2013–14: Al-Ahli
                            2014–15: Al-Ain

4 different teams

IPL League
                            2007–08 Persepolis
                            2008–09 Esteghlal
                            2009–10 Sepahan
                            2010–11 Sepahan
                            2011–12 Sepahan
                            2012–13 Esteghlal
                            2013–14 Foolad

4 different teams!!
                            IRI = FAILED

Comment

You could not be more wrong, compare IPL vs Saudi vs UAE since 2008, each country had 5 different teams winning the championship except IPL who had 4 teams. which league is more comparative?!?

saudi league champion since 2008:
                              2007–08 Al-Hilal
                              33 2008–09 Al-Ittihad
                              34 2009–10 Al-Hilal
                              35 2010–11 Al-Hilal
                              36 2011–12 Al-Shabab
                              37 2012–13 Al-Fateh
                              38 2013–14 Al-Nassr

5 different teams.

UAE league
                              2008–09: Al-Ahli
                              2009–10: Al-Wahda
                              2010–11: Al Jazira
                              2011–12: Al-Ain
                              2012–13: Al-Ain
                              2013–14: Al-Ahli
                              2014–15: Al-Ain

5 different teams

IPL League
                              2007–08 Persepolis
                              2008–09 Esteghlal
                              2009–10 Sepahan
                              2010–11 Sepahan
                              2011–12 Sepahan
                              2012–13 Esteghlal
                              2013–14 Foolad

4 different teams!!
                              Read my post again, you didn't grasp the meaning of it. In Iran 4-5 teams are competing for the title, while in Arab leagues it's usually one or max two teams.

What you just posted has nothing to do with what I said, it means that different teams win the league in Iran, UAE and Saudi. What exactly are you trying to prove now?

Comment

I count 4 different winners in both leagues.
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X