Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran - Chile [26-03-2015]; Date, Times, Info, Updates and Live Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting these friendlys at anytime is a good thing. It numbs us to the strength of our opposition for future games. If we hold our own against Chile and Sweden other teams will notice especially since these matches are on FIFA days. From there, we can get better friendlies with stronger teams even if its slight. Playing the large amount of teams in Eastern Europe/Africa will do much more for our football than playing friendlies against 90% of Asian teams will.

TM has always lacked confidence in its ability and playing higher profile friendlies can fix that. When we played Argentina we were playing 11 "purebred footballers" according to one of the game announcers. If we consistently play against the best players of the world, those 11 footballers will just be men with weaknesses that we can discover, exploit, and beat.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      so we have chile on 25th and sweden on 31st ?

we get all these good friendlies at the worst time, when we have nothing important coming up....other than 1st round of WCQ which should be easy. i wish we got these before asian cup or world cup
      I my view, TM's function is to provide a national form of entertainment. This is a step in that direction.
      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
        I my view, TM's function is to provide a national form of entertainment. This is a step in that direction.
        Yes!

Also we really need these friendlies to aim for our goal which is reaching the last 16 in 2018.

Looks like IFF finally got some common sense and decided to play friendlies on a FIFA match day just like all countries in the world..we can't afford to miss any of these from now on! Russia 2018 starts today and with the right preparation we can save ourselves a lot of headache.

And with the establishment of CAFF, I really don't know why we don't play friendlies with the teams part of it! Uzbekistan would be a very decent opponent and against the likes of Afghanistan we can just send our experimental players to gain experience!

Comment

Salam

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but does anyone of you guys know if the Iranian team is going to also stop in Vienna? I didn't find any tickets for the match on the 26th and maybe there is a slight chance to see TM in person ? I live in Vienna and it would be fabulous to get a glimpse of them..

Merci

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            Yes!

Also we really need these friendlies to aim for our goal which is reaching the last 16 in 2018.

Looks like IFF finally got some common sense and decided to play friendlies on a FIFA match day just like all countries in the world..we can't afford to miss any of these from now on! Russia 2018 starts today and with the right preparation we can save ourselves a lot of headache.

And with the establishment of CAFF, I really don't know why we don't play friendlies with the teams part of it! Uzbekistan would be a very decent opponent and against the likes of Afghanistan we can just send our experimental players to gain experience!
            As far as I know, friendlies against Uzbekistan and Italy are being negotiated?

Comment

Originally posted by nochofskoo View Post
              Salam

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but does anyone of you guys know if the Iranian team is going to also stop in Vienna? I didn't find any tickets for the match on the 26th and maybe there is a slight chance to see TM in person ? I live in Vienna and it would be fabulous to get a glimpse of them..

Merci
              TM are going to depart at March 22nd and most likely take a direct flight to Vienna, which means that they are going to arrive on Monday at 6 AM in Schwechat.

https://www.google.at/search?q=ika+v...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

After the Chile game they will return to Vienna to head to Stockholm
              if they fly on the following day (Friday) it's gonna either be at 8:35 AM, 12:45 AM or 8:30 PM
              If on Saturday then on 6:45 AM

https://www.google.at/search?q=ika+v...ckholm+flights

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                TM are going to depart at March 22nd and most likely take a direct flight to Vienna, which means that they are going to arrive on Monday at 6 AM in Schwechat.

https://www.google.at/search?q=ika+v...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

After the Chile game they will return to Vienna to head to Stockholm
                if they fly on the following day (Friday) it's gonna either be at 8:35 AM, 12:45 AM or 8:30 PM
                If on Saturday then on 6:45 AM

https://www.google.at/search?q=ika+v...ckholm+flights
                Wow thanks for the information! So TM is going to arrive in Vienna by taking Austrian Airlines? It would be cool if they're coming with Iran Air since it arrives at a much convenient time... Anyhow if they're going to land on the 22nd is anyone here on the forum that lives in Vienna? Anybody who's divoone enough to drive to the airport to be there at 6.00 AM and cheer on the boys ? I don't want to be the only one standing there...

Comment

Hate to be the bearer of bad news boys, but apparently the Iran-Chile game and the Austria camp altogether are in jeopardy according to Tasnim.

The federation is apparently having serious financial issues (what a shocker ) and they haven't yet made the necessary payments for the camp and the costs of the game.

If the money's not deposited very soon, it's likely the whole thing will be cancelled.

According to Varzesh3, CQ has confirmed that he knows about the possibility of the game being cancelled, but is hoping the issues will be resolved.

Comment

Friendly: Iran - Chile [25-03-2015]; Date, Times, Info, Updates and Live Reports

As I posted when the rumours came out first time:

Comment

I'm closing this thread inb4 someone says: You should have waited before official confirmation.

Comment

Thread re-opened for pre-match talk.

Comment

Who cares abt this game anymore iran will get an ass kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That smelly smell of plastic

Comment

Originally posted by mehdiKia15 View Post
                              Who cares abt this game anymore iran will get an ass kicking.
                              What do you mean by "ass kicking"? We haven't lost by more than a 2 GD in an official match in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Navid_M View Post
                                What do you mean by "ass kicking"? We haven't lost by more than a 2 GD in an official match in 4 years.
                                I mean with the news of cq quitting i won't be surprised if we get an ass kicking.I wouldn't think the morale is the best right now in the camp.When ur coach has quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X