Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luis Figo to challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency....potential benefit for TM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luis Figo to challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency....potential benefit for TM?

As we all know, CQ and Figo have a close relationship being that he was his coach for several years in Portugal and Real Madrid. I can see this benefiting us in several ways.

- injustices such as the one we have just recently witnessed will be taken care of more fairly with potential repercussions.

- the millions of dollars FIFA is withholding from IFF from World Cup qualification may be released back to us. This situation I know is more complicated than just a demand from the FIFA president but it would no doubt help the process.

Figo for president!

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/...ifa-presidency
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Yeah but once CQ is gone will he forget Kung fu Kaabi?!
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

rofl:

Comment

damn you kung fu kaebi !

Comment

Surely he will be better than other candidates. But I doubt he will get the votes because the voters are part of the corruption themselves. I just want that stinky cockroach Blatter out.

Comment

As if it is easy to win vs Sepp Blatter.
            IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
              As if it is easy to win vs Sepp Blatter.
              I think it could happen, just depends on how corrupt and rigged it will be given we are dealing with FIFA. Sepp has been progressively becoming more and more unpopular and a well liked guy like Figo will give him a nice challenge.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Formerly known as Persianking!
                Follow me @
                instagram/iranscout
                instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

It amazes me to this day how Kaebi got away with that kick without getting a yellow card.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                    It amazes me to this day how Kaebi got away with that kick without getting a yellow card.
                    This is what p|sses me off about the people that think Pooladi did no wrong. Hells you win some (Kaebi) and you lose some.

Comment

Reality is that Sepp Blatter has all the African votes (among many others) on his side. After awarding the WC2010 to South Africa, he has some very loyal friends and voters among african federation.
                      Blatter is like a politician, he is exteremly smart, he has to be at top of FIFA... not that I like him, but you have to admit the man is extremely smart and beating him by the likes of Figo, I am afarid not as easy as oridnary football fans would think.

I wouldnt be even surprised if IFF would vote for Blatter after Blatters trip to Iran last year, who knows what has been discussed and promised to IFF.
                      And thats Blatter, smaller federations, who are in need, and are in the majority as far as numbers goes, are at Blatters disposal!

FIFA elections are really like winning a countries presidency, there are lot of factors, than just names that matter.

As far as sympathy goes, then of course I would want Figo or Platini at the top of Fifa, but I cannot see that happening.. more likely with Michel Platini than Figo.
                      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

blatter will die in the next decade anyways.

Comment

Figo is the best choice. Others like Prince Ali of Jordan and Platini from France would make no difference and would be continuity of the same.

Luis Figo for President.

Comment

Blatter has this won hands down. He has all the votes from Oceana, Asia and Africa in his pocket.

Regardless of that as corrupt as he is, he has actually been very good to Africa and Asia. The fact that Iran is not benefitting from it as much as some other Asian countries has more to do with Iran than with Blatter. I don't see how a Figo or any other candidate would change that. It is our own incompetence that is in our way.

Comment

Working...
                            X