No announcement yet.

Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, there is no guarantee he is going to be invited to TM.
    If he is, I would support it. Edinho is a player that has immersed himself in our culture over the past few years, same can be said about Luciano.
    Second, we have a serious problem up front. We lack a lethal striker who can finish balls without using the iranian mentality- that is, we suck at finishing. Edinho has proven to finish from the toughest of spots with high accuracy and fast pace.
    If Qatar gets to naturalize its entire team from Africa, Egypt, Brazil, Uruguay and benefits from it, there's no reason why someone who has lived in Iran for 4-5 years shouldn't be able to play for us, that is if the coach wants him.
    Keep in mind, the UAE's top player is Abdulrahman, who is originally from Zanzibar and who lived in Saudi Arabia before being recruited when he was 15 and he played for one of the top clubs in the UAE.

Diego Costa switched nationalities from Brazil to Spain after playing a few years in Spain.

People seem to forget about Camorenesi, who played for Italy only after being there for a few years but was originally Argentinian.

I think this is more about the race, the fact that he is black. People do not want to see a "khareji" play for Iran.

This racism needs to stop. I'll be the first to admit that we don't need Edinho nor will he probably make that much of an impact, but if he does join TM then I have no quarrels with it.

Comment

Khosh be halesh! he can visit Syria, North Korea and Iraq now without any visa!!

Comment

Sv: Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Khosh be halesh! he can visit Syria, North Korea and Iraq now without any visa!!
        for eternity!

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
          First of all, there is no guarantee he is going to be invited to TM.
          If he is, I would support it. Edinho is a player that has immersed himself in our culture over the past few years, same can be said about Luciano.
          Second, we have a serious problem up front. We lack a lethal striker who can finish balls without using the iranian mentality- that is, we suck at finishing. Edinho has proven to finish from the toughest of spots with high accuracy and fast pace.
          If Qatar gets to naturalize its entire team from Africa, Egypt, Brazil, Uruguay and benefits from it, there's no reason why someone who has lived in Iran for 4-5 years shouldn't be able to play for us, that is if the coach wants him.
          Keep in mind, the UAE's top player is Abdulrahman, who is originally from Zanzibar and who lived in Saudi Arabia before being recruited when he was 15 and he played for one of the top clubs in the UAE.

Diego Costa switched nationalities from Brazil to Spain after playing a few years in Spain.

People seem to forget about Camorenesi, who played for Italy only after being there for a few years but was originally Argentinian.

I think this is more about the race, the fact that he is black. People do not want to see a "khareji" play for Iran.

This racism needs to stop. I'll be the first to admit that we don't need Edinho nor will he probably make that much of an impact, but if he does join TM then I have no quarrels with it.
          It's not about race at all. I doubt you would find anyone objecting to Abdol Reza Barzegari representing Iran given that he was black but had Iranian blood.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Its not about racism. it is about the fact that we are not a nation that goes around naturalizing people who won't be staying in the country as soon as their career is done or just want to use it as a showcase for themselves.
            Not to mention in this specific case he takes opportunities away from our younger players. he is a 32 year old guy who will provide nothing for the future of our football.

Comment

You all can justify it by saying "he doesn't have Iranian blood... oh and he's also 32." Yes we get it black Iranians have played for TM in the past. I am not concerned with black Iranians with my posts. Iranians are xenophobic. They are afraid of outsiders. Xenophobia is a form of racism. It's the same way that Americans say "We don't like those dirty terrorists entering our country, but to the Arab guy who has lived here for 5 generations, he's alright." Do you see how this is still racism? Just because you don't dislike a subset of black people who have happened to have their ancestors in Iran doesn't make you tolerant in any way. You are as bad as those neo-nazis in Holland who throw bananas at their own black players to me. You can deny all you want, but countries should NOT be run on the basis of the fact that someone's blood isn't a certain way. That is a throwback to our grandparent's generation and your mentality is outdated.

If you are an immigrant to another country like many of us on this board are, you should realize that you wouldn't want this mentality applied to you. "

Oh, we shouldn't hire Ali at Intel, he isn't a full-blooded American. We have plenty of full-blooded Americans who didn't immigrate here to work only for the benefit of themselves and their families. Oh, but Daniel whose great great grandfather immigrated to America from Iran, he is okay. He is a REAL American."

^This is how you all sound to me, and it's extremely offensive. You can live a lie and pretend Iranians are the most forward-thinking people, but we really aren't. Go ask any Iranian person what they would think if their daughter dated a black man named Jamal, or how they feel about homosexuals. Some would say they don't care, but I can guaran-damn-tee that the majority would say "What a sia-poost?" Or "bache k*ni."

Iranians are stuck in the past, and if you can't accept that, then I'm sorry, but you're probably one of them. Sorry that I'm so "Western," but I tried to become Eastern and the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians were too tolerant of me and my ideals. Couldn't handle all the tolerance in those countries. Greatest countries on earth if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                You all can justify it by saying "he doesn't have Iranian blood... oh and he's also 32." Yes we get it black Iranians have played for TM in the past. I am not concerned with black Iranians with my posts. Iranians are xenophobic. They are afraid of outsiders. Xenophobia is a form of racism. It's the same way that Americans say "We don't like those dirty terrorists entering our country, but to the Arab guy who has lived here for 5 generations, he's alright." Do you see how this is still racism? Just because you don't dislike a subset of black people who have happened to have their ancestors in Iran doesn't make you tolerant in any way. You are as bad as those neo-nazis in Holland who throw bananas at their own black players to me. You can deny all you want, but countries should NOT be run on the basis of the fact that someone's blood isn't a certain way. That is a throwback to our grandparent's generation and your mentality is outdated.

If you are an immigrant to another country like many of us on this board are, you should realize that you wouldn't want this mentality applied to you. "

Oh, we shouldn't hire Ali at Intel, he isn't a full-blooded American. We have plenty of full-blooded Americans who didn't immigrate here to work only for the benefit of themselves and their families. Oh, but Daniel whose great great grandfather immigrated to America from Iran, he is okay. He is a REAL American."

^This is how you all sound to me, and it's extremely offensive. You can live a lie and pretend Iranians are the most forward-thinking people, but we really aren't. Go ask any Iranian person what they would think if their daughter dated a black man named Jamal, or how they feel about homosexuals. Some would say they don't care, but I can guaran-damn-tee that the majority would say "What a sia-poost?" Or "bache k*ni."

Iranians are stuck in the past, and if you can't accept that, then I'm sorry, but you're probably one of them. Sorry that I'm so "Western," but I tried to become Eastern and the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians were too tolerant of me and my ideals. Couldn't handle all the tolerance in those countries. Greatest countries on earth if you ask me.
                Given that you ignored my question the first time I will ask again: Are you ok with the way qatar selects players for their national team?
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

TM is only for people with iranian back ground and not for anyone else.
                  i dont want my team to be pointed on the podium one day and to be said that iran took the title or had a stronge preformance due to the brazilian player in there team.

u guys forgot what u said when our handball team lost to the multi nation qatar team last year by the way it was not only us, it was on the news papers everwhere.

so please dont think that am racist its just i want to c my national with our boys in it.
                  PERSIA FOR EVER

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    Given that you ignored my question the first time I will ask again: Are you ok with the way qatar selects players for their national team?
                    It's fine by me. They can do what they want by importing players who have never been to Qatar and giving them citizenship. This situation is not the same. I never said the person shouldn't have at least lived in Iran and liked the nation to receive a citizenship. I don't think we should go around handing citizenship to Didier Drogba just to win. We could, other nations are doing the same and have done the same. I'd personally prefer someone has lived in Iran and likes Iran and wants to help us win, then that's a bonus to me. Either way though, both are being done by many countries. Not many countries are "pure" in my mind anymore.

Like I said, if people were playing for the countries of their blood, every world cup would have Turkey and Algeria in the semi-finals.

I want Iran to win, so if Edinho or Drogba or even Snoop Dog can help us and have been living in Iran and showing they want to participate, I'm all for it.

My example of the Iranian guy Ali moving to America and being denied a job relies on him actually living there. I don't support outsourcing if that's what you are asking. Qatar's actions are more similar to outsourcing than immigration and nationalization into a country. I think Iran should attempt to promote naturalization and diversity to enter the modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by sheerkhan View Post
                      TM is only for people with iranian back ground and not for anyone else.
                      i dont want my team to be pointed on the podium one day and to be said that iran took the title or had a stronge preformance due to the brazilian player in there team.

u guys forgot what u said when our handball team lost to the multi nation qatar team last year by the way it was not only us, it was on the news papers everwhere.

so please dont think that am racist its just i want to c my national with our boys in it.
                      Are people pointing the finger at Germany saying 4 Turks helped them win their World Cup?

Are people pointing towards France saying Algerians helped them win their World Cup?

Who cares, these teams are multi-ethnic. It's sad that Iran is so scared of being multi-ethnic. If Edinho gets citizenship, he is Iranian in my mind. There is a reason there are barriers to citizenship in most countries. An immigrant who goes through the hurdles of the citizenship process to attain citizenship should be regarded as a full citizen. Qatar scouts players and specifically drafts them to their team and streamlines their citizenship processes. The players have almost no connection to Qatar.

If Edinho becomes a citizen, he will be a Brazilian-Iranian. In the same way Freddy Adu was a Ghanian-American. Nobody was crying when he was coming up to the US national team. Well, maybe people in Ghana were crying, but not Americans. They wanted this guy to help their team. He thought of and still thinks of himself as an American. Why is that so wrong? Should he be forced to play for Ghana even though he naturalized in America?

Please KC, answer me this question. You've actually dodged many of my points, so please, directly answer the above question and what you would think of your daughter or sister dating a black man, or what you think of homosexuals. I'd really like to hear.

Comment

Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

You know what is funny. I bet 90% of ppl who are playing the Iranian blood drum celebrated the female silver medal earned for Iran in Asian games last month by a pure Belarusian girl.

Rest of us have raised above petty things like blood and care about respect. She is more Iranian to me than most of this forum.
                        Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

that certain member who i mentioned earlier is starting his "blood" comments again.... god bless him...thank god other members dont know what he means by "blood" otherwise khak bar saremoon mishod from all the confusion...please stop it, you know who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                            Please KC, answer me this question. You've actually dodged many of my points, so please, directly answer the above question and what you would think of your daughter or sister dating a black man, or what you think of homosexuals. I'd really like to hear.
                            In either case I would be fine with it as long as the black man dating my daughter or sister was Iranian.
                            I have no problems with homosexuals and in fact have friends who are gay.

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
                              You know what is funny. I bet 90% of ppl who are playing the Iranian blood drum celebrated the female silver medal earned for Iran in Asian games last month by a pure Belarusian girl.

Rest of us have raised above petty things like blood and care about respect. She is more Iranian to me than most of this forum.
                              'The difference is that woman speaks Persian and has been in Iran for nearly 7 years. She is also married to an Iranian man in Bushehr and she is actually settled there. She is not in Iran for a cheque and fly.

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post

I can tell you that I didn't for that exact same reason. I felt no blood connection to her.

Comment

Working...
                                X