X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-match handshake between Javad and Rui Costa

Comment

http://instagram.com/p/uI9kU2nq5g/#

My cousin asked Carlos if he remembered the guys from California at the team hotel in Sao Paolo that were trying to convince him to stay with Iran after our match with Bosnia:

"he was stunned at first and then said 'i remember!' when i said 'the ones from california' and then, i thanked him for having stayed two more years, on all our behalf"

Regarding the two matches: "the other game was scrappier, but both divided. both iran's goalies did some crucial saves. and yes, azmoun was critical"

Comment

Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

We will stick to shojaei?!?! FML.
        Why CQ why?!
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
          You wanna see the goal? Here you go.
          This woman is so crazy
          she almost assaulted the security field lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
            Why CQ why?!
            When you find the answer for that, please also find the one for why we don't play national teams instead of clubs, and maybe why he reject friendlies with national teams.. theres so much we dont know about him and donkey IFF..

Comment

Why CQ why?!
              Masoud is my friend, now he is not so good in national team but I see with my eyes... he is the last to leave the training, is practiced the shot, doing pushups etc.. He seems like a hard worker

Comment

Although im not the biggest fan of Shojaei, I like that he is a additional wild card for our attack. We will be needing him in the Asian cup more so than in the World Cup because we have to transition into a more offensive team. Don't forget the assists and nice goals he has scored against other Asian sides such as South Korea and Saudi Arabia (Actually his goal cap ratio isn't great). He is also great at getting fouled which can make us threatening on set pieces.

Comment

loool at the end of the video
                  "Goftan ke nabayad dast bezanid, nabayad ax begirid, nabayad daad bezanid"

Comment

Why CQ why?!
                    Dadash, I think he may play his final tournament. After Asian Cup 2015 we probably won't see him around anymore.

Comment

Shojaei is the type of player that plays well in the European style. When given space, he can be creative and think about his next moves. He played well against Argentina who gave him space on his runs.

On the other hand, he gets very anxious and makes many mistakes when playing against packed defenses. When he has 2 or 3 defenders closing in on him, he makes bad passes, or loses the ball dribbling. Khalatbari is another player like this. They are dangerous if given space, but can be ineffective if marked closely with 2-3 men. The reason we play so poorly against packed Arab defenses is the same reason Argentina played poorly against us. Other than Messi's moment of brilliance, he was fairly impotent for the majority of the match, and according to my Argentinian friend was frustrating to watch. Same with Di Maria and Aguero.

Shojaei is frustrating, but he has his purpose. In my opinion, he is a good super-sub off the bench to attempt to dribble tired legs. When he is tired himself, he is ineffective. I would bring him 100% for Asian Cup, but sub him in in the group stages, and start him against more open defenses like South Korea, Japan, or Australia.

The starting line-up should be:

------------Haghighi----------------
                      Pouladi-Hosseini-Montazeri-Hajsafi
                      -----Nekounam-Teymourian-------
                      Jahanbakhsh---------------Dejagah
                      -----Azmoun-Ghoochannejhad-----

Comment

here are some highlights.
                        http://video.varzesh3.com/video-clip...C%DA%A9%D8%A7/
                        It is more reporting than highlights.
                        sigpic

Comment

I highly doubt that Queiroz will change his 4-2-3-1 formation at least until the end of the Asian Cup. Otherwise I agree with playing Masoud against open defenses

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
                            here are some highlights.
                            http://video.varzesh3.com/video-clip...#1705;ا/
                            It is more reporting than highlights.
                            He has got everything he asked for and he's already laying down the foundation for all the excuses he'll be using if we fail in the AC!

And like I said earlier, only 3 players from Benfica's main team and that was in the 1st half! The 2nd half was pretty much against their U-21 team.

Vaghan cheghadr badbakht shodeem. Eslowly, eslowly we will be playing Portugal's Special Olympics football team with CQ proclaiming after the match that IPL games are slow so that's how he needs to prepare us for fast paced games.

Comment

Shojaei is a quality player, but he needs to be used only in certain situations, not games in which he gets closed down in. Against stronger teams he can actually be a greater help as they will not play compact against him. At this point he is one of the very few players who can deliver good through balls and crosses. Unfortunately is seems he never gained consistency after injury.
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                                He has got everything he asked for and he's already laying down the foundation for all the excuses he'll be using if we fail in the AC!

And like I said earlier, only 3 players from Benfica's main team and that was in the 1st half! The 2nd half was pretty much against their U-21 team.

Vaghan cheghadr badbakht shodeem. Eslowly, eslowly we will be playing Portugal's Special Olympics football team with CQ proclaiming after the match that IPL games are slow so that's how he needs to prepare us for fast paced games.
                                I really can't complain at CQ too much. Would you rather we return to the TM A vs. TM B friendlies we had under Daei and Ghotbi? Many are making it seem as if great talented teams were tripping over themselves to play us in the past. From 1998 to 2006, we got decent (still not great) friendlies based solely on the fact that our greatest players of all time were together on one team. Teams wanted to play us.

Since then, we have been playing, at best, teams like Iceland and Armenia, and even those were rare. Don't blame it on CQ. Benfica's B is better than no friendly. At the moment, nobody wants to play us. Don't pin it solely on one person. In general, our football has been in a down period for many years, and teams can see that. We were okay in Brazil, but most teams saw that we play a very Asian game. Unless they are preparing to play an Asian team competitively, don't wait for them to come asking Iran to play a friendly.

If we have one or two stars emerge in Europe (*cough Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh *cough), mark my words, we will be playing friendlies against better teams more frequently.

Comment

Working...
                                X