This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    What is the point of signing a 4 year deal if they intend to sack him after the AC?? I am sorry but it seems IFF is the one playing games.
    A 4 year contract doesn't mean that there should be no performance clauses or that either party should be locked into it without any provisions to break out.

TBH, I don't find anything unreasonable in IFF's offer. They are breaking the contract into 3 phases: one the Asian Cup, two 2018 WC qualifying and three the 2018 WC. They are saying they should be able to terminate the contract if they're not satisfied with TM's performance and they will pay CQ a 10 month (or one year) severance (or damages of you will), should they wish to do so at the end of each phase.

Based on Kaffashian's last interview on Navad last night, the only sticky point was that this severance package is slightly smaller if CQ gets sacked after the Asian Cup and again, I don't find this unreasonable at all, to suggest that someone doesn't deserve a 10 month/1 year severance package after failing to perform/deliver only 4 months into their contract.

Let's not forget that CQ has already spent two precious months of what should have been a 6 month preparatory period for this tournament on vacation and outside Iran, so taking a vacation for two months, working for only 4 months and not delivering as a result and getting paid for 14 or 16 months would be a very unreasonable request and apparently CQ does realize this and the two sides have reached an agreement on this.

Comment

AW: Kafashian will meet CQ on Thursday to finalize the contract

I'm sure Queiroz has plenty of job opportunities while IFF's plan B is Ghalemorghi. I wonder why Queiroz is still in Tehran. He really must believe in the future of this team and the likes of Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh and Ezatollahi.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        I'm sure Queiroz has plenty of job opportunities while IFF's plan B is Ghalemorghi. I wonder why Queiroz is still in Tehran. He really must believe in the future of this team and the likes of Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh and Ezatollahi.
        He love Iran, born that way

Comment

Re: Kafashian will meet CQ on Thursday to finalize the contract

Originally posted by Salar View Post
          Apparently, IFF want to be able to sack CQ after the AC regardless of the outcome without having to pay a high compensation! Of course no one like CQ will accept that. Kafashian said on Navad that 99 percent he will sign today.. lets wait and see. CQ will not be hanging about much longer. Kafashian is saying that he has no other offers and will accept ours, I'm sure CQ feels tricked and used after rejecting the SA offer and im sure other offers too... Looks like he still hasn't learnt how these Iranians work!
          I'm sure getting 150% morenthan what SA offered from Iran will help him feel less tricked. CQ is also partly responsible...both sides are dragging this out too far.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
            A 4 year contract doesn't mean that there should be no performance clauses or that either party should be locked into it without any provisions to break out.

TBH, I don't find anything unreasonable in IFF's offer. They are breaking the contract into 3 phases: one the Asian Cup, two 2018 WC qualifying and three the 2018 WC. They are saying they should be able to terminate the contract if they're not satisfied with TM's performance and they will pay CQ a 10 month (or one year) severance (or damages of you will), should they wish to do so at the end of each phase.

Based on Kaffashian's last interview on Navad last night, the only sticky point was that this severance package is slightly smaller if CQ gets sacked after the Asian Cup and again, I don't find this unreasonable at all, to suggest that someone doesn't deserve a 10 month/1 year severance package after failing to perform/deliver only 4 months into their contract.

Let's not forget that CQ has already spent two precious months of what should have been a 6 month preparatory period for this tournament on vacation and outside Iran, so taking a vacation for two months, working for only 4 months and not delivering as a result and getting paid for 14 or 16 months would be a very unreasonable request and apparently CQ does realize this and the two sides have reached an agreement on this.

Dear:

There are more than single issues involve (knowing you for years, i know you are well aware).
            At least 11 limitations were included in discussions by Gudarzi (according to him).
            In addition, CQ does not want to pay Tax in Iran but his native country. He also demands interest on late payments (apparently like most good businessman, he borrows against future income)
            IFF should have thanks CQ , offer him Esfahani Sweets, IRI flaq and free ticket home wish him luck somewhere else.

Comment

...and return to the sorry state of watching World Cup on TV. Or maybe live stream by now.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                Dear:
                There are more than single issues involve (knowing you for years, i know you are well aware).
                At least 11 limitations were included in discussions by Gudarzi (according to him).
                In addition, CQ does not want to pay Tax in Iran but his native country. He also demands interest on late payments (apparently like most good businessman, he borrows against future income)
                IFF should have thanks CQ , offer him Esfahani Sweets, IRI flaq and free ticket home wish him luck somewhere else.
                Getting paid interest on late payments is absolutely fair. If there was any professionalism in our football, late payments would not be an issue at all. What if your employer was late in paying you? At this point, you must put your biases aside and come to the realization that our domestic coaches are not yet ready to help out football.

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                  Getting paid interest on late payments is absolutely fair. If there was any professionalism in our football, late payments would not be an issue at all. What if your employer was late in paying you? At this point, you must put your biases aside and come to the realization that our domestic coaches are not yet ready to help out football.

As you are aware, IFF has serious issue paying TM coaches and assistants in foreign currencies. CQ did not receive his payments on time in the past and more likely will be the case. This issue is not entirely IFF fault, sanctions and international politics is a factor.

As for Tax, most countries expect their citizens to pay tax even while abroad (I do the same, currently away from US, i still pay tax to Uncle Sam.)
                  However he has to pay certain taxes in Iran and that amount should be configured in his payments.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                    In addition, CQ does not want to pay Tax in Iran but his native country. He also demands interest on late payments (apparently like most good
                    I haven't seen the details of Goudarzi's interview and just going by what Kaffashian said. Wouldn't mind reading what Goudarzi's saying too, if you have a link.

Yeah, not paying tax, if that's one of the issues is retarded. You usually have to pay tax in your country of residence and like you said in many cases in your country of origin as well - unless there's tax agreements between the two countries that allow expats not to include foreign income from current country of residence more than once. I don't think such agreements exist between Iran and Portugal and at any rate, that would have only helped him not pay tax in Portugal, rather than Iran.

Comment

I posted part of this in the Navad thread. But the reports today added a few things the two sides are concerned about.

http://isna.ir/fa/news/93060402420/ک...ند

CQ:

1. He gave Kaffashian two options to choose.

a. Offer a contract only until the end of the Asian Cup, about 5 months.

b. Offer a 4 year contract and if after the Asian Cup the IFF they no longer want his services, they pay him for the entire year and if CQ wants to terminate his contract after the Asian Cup he returns his entire salary for the year. Working for free in essence.

2. CQ also wanted to be paid interest on the late IFF payments.

Kaffashain:

1. Sign a 4 year contract. If IFF choose to terminate the contract after Asian Cup, they will pay CQ for the 5 months, plus 2 extra months. If CQ wishes to terminate the contract after the Asian Cup, he will pay 2 months salary back to the IFF.

2. IFF does not want to pay interest on late payments in the past and guarantees that future payments will be on time.

To add to all this, apparently Kaffashian was supposed to meet with Goudarzi today but that meeting was cancelled.
                      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                        I haven't seen the details of Goudarzi's interview and just going by what Kaffashian said. Wouldn't mind reading what Goudarzi's saying too, if you have a link.

Yeah, not paying tax, if that's one of the issues is retarded. You usually have to pay tax in your country of residence and like you said in many cases in your country of origin as well - unless there's tax agreements between the two countries that allow expats not to include foreign income from current country of residence more than once. I don't think such agreements exist between Iran and Portugal and at any rate, that would have only helped him not pay tax in Portugal, rather than Iran.

Dear:
                        If it is possible to ignore his interference comment , he sound reasonable.

وزیر ورزش

اگر قرار به کسب همان نتایج باشد چه تفاوت میان کار مربی فعلی که همه از او تعریف می کنند با مربی که برای اولین بار تیم را به جام جهانی برده وجود داشته است؟

ما باید روی یک فرآیند منطقی و مطابق با منافع ملی به نتیجه برسیم.

اگر مربی فعلی بهترین گزینه است باید ادامه دهیم و پولش را بدهیم و راضی نگهش داریم
                        اما
                        اگراین گونه نیست. باید گزینه داخلی یا خارجی مناسب را انتخاب کنیم.

بعد از جام جهانی پیشنهادهای زیادی از مربیان زبده دنیا برای هدایت تیم ملی وجود داشت اما همین فضاسازی رسانه ها سبب شد شرایط مطلوب فراهم نشود.

من به فدراسیون فوتبال تذکر داده ام که در بحث این قرارداد نباید زیر بار هر شرایطی برویم به همین دلیل 11 شرط دیگر اضافه شد

و در آن بحث کاهش رقم قرارداد و یا تثبیت این رقم و کاهش سایر موارد اجرایی شد.

در نهایت بحث قرارداد با فدراسیون فوتبال است و من در این زمینه دخالتی نمی کنم .

وزارت ورزش مطلقا پولی در این زمینه هزینه نمی کند و فدراسیون فوتبال باید به صورت مستقل این هزینه را پرداخت کند.

Comment

Latest news is contract might be signed next week. Things arent looking too good

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                            CQ:

1. He gave Kaffashian two options to choose.

a. Offer a contract only until the end of the Asian Cup, about 5 months.

b. Offer a 4 year contract and if after the Asian Cup the IFF they no longer want his services, they pay him for the entire year and if CQ wants to terminate his contract after the Asian Cup he returns his entire salary for the year. Working for free in essence.

2. CQ also wanted to be paid interest on the late IFF payments.

Kaffashain:

1. Sign a 4 year contract. If IFF choose to terminate the contract after Asian Cup, they will pay CQ for the 5 months, plus 2 extra months. If CQ wishes to terminate the contract after the Asian Cup, he will pay 2 months salary back to the IFF.

2. IFF does not want to pay interest on late payments in the past and guarantees that future payments will be on time.
                            Man, interest payments are just nickel and diming at this point. Even at 7% which is a pretty decent return these days (with some risk) a late salary payment for 1 month carries an interest of only $900 based on $1.8 million. It's ridiculous for CQ to be going back and forth on such small amounts. If I asked my clients for an $900 or even $5,000 late payment interest on a $2 million contract, they'd just laugh at me.

And if CQ has indeed said that he would agree to a 5 month contract, it's ridiculous for IFF not to offer him a contract for 5 months with an extension clause. Plus, isn't that the same thing as Kaffashian's option 1 anyway? Either way, he gets paid for 5 months.

P.S. I read the ISNA article after this post. CQ is actually asking for 1 year pay for the 5 month contract. IFF is offering 5 months + 2. The more I read about this, the more I find CQ's conduct on this issue extremely unreasonable. He had said that he was going to deliver at the Asian Cup, so why is he negotiating so much on the condition that would only apply if he doesn't deliver?!

Comment

Lol, Fuck this Shit. More than two months since our world cup ended, and less than 5 months til the AC, still no coach, wtf man?!?! Several friendlies coming up next 3 months, yet again Iran will be the lone team with NO preparation for a tournament. And playing only Korea with all those dates available is a joke!!

Comment

Queiroz's demands look legitimate. He is willing to sign a long term contract with 25% of the contract being payed out in case of early termination. IFF want a top coach sign a long term contract which can be canceled basically for free in between. They also say they guarantee on-time payment, but won't pay penalties in case of late payment...a situation impossible to occur according to the own promise. Typical case of not putting the money where the mouth is.

Comment

Working...
                                X