• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to take action against fifa & uae league | PERSIAN GULF

Please call if you can :1 613 995 1851

john.baird@international.gc.ca
    bairdj@parl.gc.ca

Minister Baird

I was concerned to notice the use of the incorrect term "Arabian Gulf" in Your recent speech to the US Chamber of Commerce. Please note that the term "Arabian Gulf" was first coined by pan-Arab nationalists in the 1960s as an offensive and racist term used primarily to irritate their Iranian neighbours. This is an inflammatory term and an attack on both history and Iran's national identity; it is a political agenda with which a respectable politician should not be associated.

In stark contrast, the term "Persian Gulf" has been used to label the waterway between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula since the time of geographers Strabo and Ptolemy. More than 2000 ancient books and maps belonging to the past three millennia proof that this is the correct nomenclature. These maps are all listed in the book "Persian Gulf: Atlas Of Old & Historical Maps (3000BC - 2000AD)".

This fact is acknowledged by the following authoritative institutions, which officially recognize "Persian Gulf" as the correct name:

1) United Nations: A group of experts on geographical names was set up by the UN secretary-general in 1959, which in 2006 in Vienna endorsed "Persian Gulf" as the official name for this body of water. The group further declared that "any change, destruction, or alteration of the names registered in historical deeds and maps is like the destruction of ancient works and is considered as an improper action".

2) The International Hydrographic Organization (IHO): An international body for provision of hydrographic information for world-wide marine navigation and other purposes, uses the name "Gulf of Iran (Persian Gulf)" for this body of water. This is outlined in reference S-23 (Limits of Oceans and Seas), section 41.

3) The United Kingdom government's Permanent Committee on Geographical Names for Official British Use (PCGN) has endorsed the "Persian Gulf" as the correct name for this body of water.

Consequently, not only was Your misuse of the term "Persian Gulf" a direct attack on the national identity of every Iranian, but an attack against history itself - an act with which a respectable politician should not be associated.
    We, the Iranian people demand apology from you.

Please respond immediately and accordingly.
    Regards,

Comment

^ Sent the e-mail! Thanks for the template.

Comment

Originally posted by arseces View Post
        Please call if you can :1 613 995 1851
        john.baird@international.gc.ca
        bairdj@parl.gc.ca
        Minister Baird
        I was concerned to notice the use of the incorrect term "Arabian Gulf" in Your recent speech to the US Chamber of Commerce. Please note that the term "Arabian Gulf" was first coined by pan-Arab nationalists in the 1960s as an offensive and racist term used primarily to irritate their Iranian neighbours. This is an inflammatory term and an attack on both history and Iran's national identity; it is a political agenda with which a respectable politician should not be associated.
        In stark contrast, the term "Persian Gulf" has been used to label the waterway between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula since the time of geographers Strabo and Ptolemy. More than 2000 ancient books and maps belonging to the past three millennia proof that this is the correct nomenclature. These maps are all listed in the book "Persian Gulf: Atlas Of Old & Historical Maps (3000BC - 2000AD)".
        This fact is acknowledged by the following authoritative institutions, which officially recognize "Persian Gulf" as the correct name:
        1) United Nations: A group of experts on geographical names was set up by the UN secretary-general in 1959, which in 2006 in Vienna endorsed "Persian Gulf" as the official name for this body of water. The group further declared that "any change, destruction, or alteration of the names registered in historical deeds and maps is like the destruction of ancient works and is considered as an improper action".
        2) The International Hydrographic Organization (IHO): An international body for provision of hydrographic information for world-wide marine navigation and other purposes, uses the name "Gulf of Iran (Persian Gulf)" for this body of water. This is outlined in reference S-23 (Limits of Oceans and Seas), section 41.
        3) The United Kingdom government's Permanent Committee on Geographical Names for Official British Use (PCGN) has endorsed the "Persian Gulf" as the correct name for this body of water.
        Consequently, not only was Your misuse of the term "Persian Gulf" a direct attack on the national identity of every Iranian, but an attack against history itself - an act with which a respectable politician should not be associated.
        We, the Iranian people demand apology from you.
        Please respond immediately and accordingly.
        Regards,
        Don't forget to attach a map of ancient Persian surrounding the gulf

But i don't expect intelligence from these douches. Shame on Canadians to elect such dumbs.

Comment

He is a racist and represents Canada , shame on canada

When someone intentionally uses an incorrect name for a historic location such as persian gulf (which is the official name for that area of water approved by UN) he is using racism towards the persian/iranian people

Canadians are mostly undercover racists, especially towards the iranians,

have you guys heard of the latest bill passed by the canadian parliament which is called bill C-24 targeting the immigrants with dual citizenship , with this bill canadian government can remove anyone's citizenship any time without the option to appeal. also if the government suspects that you only migrated to canada with no plans to reside there after you receive your passport they can remove your citizenship and kick you out or refuse to take you in after you were out of the country for some time, all of this will be performed not by the canadian courts but by the judgement of some random government agent , which you do not have the option to appeal it either, , thats how inhuman and racist canadian government is!

so if you decide to move for few years out of canada or spend your retirement outside of canada for 6 months of the year, you could lose your citizenship , because you only have the option to live in the prison that is called Canada

Canada is turning into a prison for the immigrants, once you get there you have to say goodbye to your past identity, culture and where you came from , in other words its a trap racism at its best

Comment

Just called the office of minister baird , and told them about the email and his intentional racist act,

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh11 View Post
              This is the reply I got from John Baird's office 4 days ago:
              John Baird is a very dangerous neocon just like Cheney, Bush and Donald Rumsfeld. He is also a zealous Pro Zionist as well, that makes him hate Iran, Iranians and the culture, their is nothing more he would like to see than to Have Israel bomb and annihilate Iran, that is why his message clearly says that Canada has no policy on correctly naming the Persian Gulf, in other words its Anti Semitic to Call Israel Palestine but very normal for Canada to refer to Persian Gulf as ARAR Gulf!! Shame on him and his idiotic cabinet!!

Comment

I am happy to say that we changed the name of our league at transfermarkt.de from Iran Pro League to PERSIAN GULF Pro League
                !!!
                sigpic

Comment

Yesterday I went to the Mashhad Airport to say farewell to my aunt and I realised that there is a airline called "Gulf Air" that is departing and landing in Iran...Isn't that weird?

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                    Yesterday I went to the Mashhad Airport to say farewell to my aunt and I realised that there is a airline called "Gulf Air" that is departing and landing in Iran...Isn't that weird?
                    Why is it weird?

Its the national airline of Bahrain...

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                      Why is it weird?

Its the national airline of Bahrain...
                      It's weird that with a name like that it's allowed in Iran.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Gulf air is extremely inexpensive. They are trying really hard to attract customers.

A few months ago when I was looking for a ticket out of Iran they were $300 cheaper than any airline. But I couldn't bring myself to do it even though it would have saved us $600. We flew Turkish instead.
                        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X