Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Send your email to: Media@fifa.org Contact@fifa.org

Dear Sir/Madam

I was offended to notice the deliberate omission of the Persian Gulf as a neighbouring sea on the "country info"-page for the countries that are bordering it: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Iran.

Link: http://www.fifa.com/associations/ass...untryInfo.html

The term "Persian Gulf" has been used to label the waterway between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula since the time of geographers Strabo and Ptolemy. More than 2000 ancient books and maps belonging to the past three millennia proof that this is the correct nomenclature. These maps are listed in the book "Persian Gulf: Atlas Of Old & Historical Maps (3000BC - 2000AD)".

This fact is acknowledged by the following authoritative institutions, which officially recognize "Persian Gulf" as the correct name:

1) United Nations: A group of experts on geographical names was set up by the UN secretary-general in 1959, which in 2006 in Vienna endorsed "Persian Gulf" as the official name for this body of water. The group further declared that "any change, destruction, or alteration of the names registered in historical deeds and maps is like the destruction of ancient works and is considered as an improper action".

2) The International Hydrographic Organization (IHO): An international body for provision of hydrographic information for world-wide marine navigation and other purposes, uses the name "Gulf of Iran (Persian Gulf)" for this body of water. This is outlined in reference S-23 (Limits of Oceans and Seas), section 41.

3) The United Kingdom government's Permanent Committee on Geographical Names for Official British Use (PCGN) has endorsed the "Persian Gulf" as the correct name for this body of water.

Consequently, FIFA's deliberate omission of the "Persian Gulf" is not only a direct attack on the national identity of every Iranian, but an attack against history itself - an act with which a respectable organization should not be associated. Rest assured that complaints of this nature will continue until FIFA correctly lists "Persian Gulf" as a neighbouring sea to UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Iran.

Please respond immediately and accordingly.
    Regards,

Comment

I sent them with 5 emails. My mom's, dad's, my two emails, and a 'fake' account I have.
      Trying to make this a daily habit.

Comment

Originally posted by IranForTheWin View Post
        I sent them with 5 emails. My mom's, dad's, my two emails, and a 'fake' account I have.
        Trying to make this a daily habit.
        same here I call them as well, today they said the media department is at a conference and will be back by 1, I guess ill start calling again on monday

Comment

done from both emails.still no reply...arseces jan what do you put as subject for your email? i am thinking mine is going to junk since i ve had 0 replies except for an automatic reply telling me they were not in office for christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
            done from both emails.still no reply...arseces jan what do you put as subject for your email? i am thinking mine is going to junk since i ve had 0 replies except for an automatic reply telling me they were not in office for christmas.
            I use different ones, "Label", "Wrong info" etc... use a new one every time
            Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

Keep sending emails, at least once a day. Don't let this uneducated bunch get away with this

Letter #1

Letter #2
              Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

Time to take action against fifa & uae league

Originally posted by hzv View Post
                I put fifa says yes to politics and racism

Or is fifa a racist organization?

I like to make them angry, even when i call i ask them questions like a reporter having legitimate questions , they keep on saying email us please i ask another question then again they say email us please then i ask another question lool

Comment

Hi arseces, I've corrected some typos from your original letter. I applaud your efforts in holding FIFA accountable. In the future, feel free to contact me for proofreading before uploading or sending any letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was concerned to notice the incorrect proliferation of the term 'Arabian Gulf' in your website as the name for UAE League. Link:http://www.fifa.com/world-match-cent...ngs/index.html

Please note that the term 'Arabian Gulf' was first coined by Pan-Arab nationalists in the 1960s as an offensive and racist term used primarily to irritate their Iranian neighbours. This is an inflammatory term, and an attack on Iran's national identity and sovereignty; it's a political agenda with which FIFA should not be associated.

In stark contrast, the Persian Gulf and its equivalents in different languages have been continuously used for 3000 years in all languages, cultures, and civilizations across the world. More than 2000 ancient literature, books and maps belonging to the past three millennia contain this name as proof of the Persian Gulf as the correct nomenclature.

The correct, legal, terminology recognized by the United Nations is the 'Persian Gulf'. The group of Experts on Geographical Names was set up by the Secretary-General of the United Nations in pursuance of Economic and Social Council Resolution 715A(XXVII) on April 23, 1959 and has endorsed 'Persian Gulf' as the official name for this body of water.

The use of the name 'Arabian Gulf' was described to be 'faulty' by the eighth United Nations Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names, Berlin, 27 August September 2002.

FIFA's inaction regarding a member country that mixes racism and political agendas with sports is contradictory to FIFA's principles and slogans. Any region or country that tries to rename the Persian Gulf based on purely race is not only promoting racism and political agendas but also defying FIFA's principles.

The UAE is using a technical flaw in FIFA's policies and regulations relating to sponsorship and naming leagues after the sponsored companies. The UAE is using this loophole to promote their racist political agenda. Consequently, FIFA must change its policies and regulations regarding sponsor companies, and must have better supervision in order to stop the member countries from using football as a tool to promote their hateful political agendas.

We need an assurance from FIFA that UAE will be forced to change their league name, as FIFA's inaction will be considered as a racist and a political act against the Iranian people.

We demand a change in FIFA's policies and regulations, in order to close all loopholes.

Regards,
                  Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                    Hi arseces, I've corrected some typos from your original letter. I applaud your efforts in holding FIFA accountable. In the future, feel free to contact me for proofreading before uploading or sending any letter:
                    Thanks, updated the link. You are welcome to go through this letter as well

Comment

Time to take action against fifa & uae league

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was concerned to notice the incorrect proliferation of the term 'Arabian Gulf' in your website as the name for UAE League. Link:http://www.fifa.com/world-match-cent...ngs/index.html

Please note that the term 'Arabian Gulf' was first coined by Pan-Arab nationalists in the 1960s as an offensive and racist term used primarily to irritate their Iranian neighbours. This is an inflammatory term, and an attack on Iran's national identity and sovereignty; it's a political agenda with which FIFA should not be associated.

In stark contrast, the Persian Gulf and its equivalents in different languages have been continuously used for 3000 years in all languages, cultures, and civilizations across the world. More than 2000 ancient literature, books and maps belonging to the past three millennia contain this name as proof of the Persian Gulf as the correct nomenclature.

The correct, legal, terminology recognized by the United Nations is the 'Persian Gulf'. The group of Experts on Geographical Names was set up by the Secretary-General of the United Nations in pursuance of Economic and Social Council Resolution 715A(XXVII) on April 23, 1959 and has endorsed 'Persian Gulf' as the official name for this body of water.

The use of the name 'Arabian Gulf' was described to be 'faulty' by the eighth United Nations Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names, Berlin, 27 August September 2002.

FIFA's inaction regarding a member country that mixes racism and political agendas with sports is contradictory to FIFA's principles and slogans. Any region or country that tries to rename the Persian Gulf based on purely race is not only promoting racism and political agendas but also defying FIFA's principles.

The UAE is using a technical flaw in FIFA's policies and regulations relating to sponsorship and naming leagues after the sponsored companies. The UAE is using this loophole to promote their racist political agenda. Consequently, FIFA must change its policies and regulations regarding sponsor companies, and must have better supervision in order to stop the member countries from using football as a tool to promote their hateful political agendas.

We need an assurance from FIFA that UAE will be forced to change their league name, as FIFA's inaction will be considered as a racist and a political act against the Iranian people.

We demand a change in FIFA's policies and regulations, in order to close all loopholes.

Regards,
                      Danet garm, many of you might not know that raging inferno has wrote the original letter , and thanks to his effort we have been able to do this so far , he truly is an asset to all of us

Comment

Sent.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Please take the time to email FIFA, or phone them, FIFA Telephone :+41- 43 222 7272, or +41 43 222 7777

Copy/paste and send this Email Template to FIFA
                          here is the email address : Media@fifa.org Contact@fifa.org

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was concerned to notice the incorrect proliferation of the term 'Arabian Gulf' in your website as the name for UAE League. Link: http://www.fifa.com/world-match-cent...ngs/index.html

Regards,

I have created this banner , please attach it with your emails to fifa

link to the banner : http://i43.tinypic.com/33lfar4.jpg

Comment

Please Send your email to: Media@fifa.org Contact@fifa.org

Dear Sir/Madam

I was offended to notice the deliberate omission of the Persian Gulf as a neighboring sea on the "country info"-page for the countries that are bordering it: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Iran.

Link: http://www.fifa.com/associations/ass...untryInfo.html

The term "Persian Gulf" has been used to label the waterway between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula since the time of geographers Strabo and Ptolemy. More than 2000 ancient books and maps belonging to the past three millennia proof that this is the correct nomenclature. These maps are listed in the book "Persian Gulf: Atlas Of Old & Historical Maps (3000BC - 2000AD)".

This fact is acknowledged by the following authoritative institutions, which officially recognize "Persian Gulf" as the correct name:

1) United Nations: A group of experts on geographical names was set up by the UN secretary-general in 1959, which in 2006 in Vienna endorsed "Persian Gulf" as the official name for this body of water. The group further declared that "any change, destruction, or alteration of the names registered in historical deeds and maps is like the destruction of ancient works and is considered as an improper action".

2) The International Hydrographic Organization (IHO): An international body for provision of hydrographic information for world-wide marine navigation and other purposes, uses the name "Gulf of Iran (Persian Gulf)" for this body of water. This is outlined in reference S-23 (Limits of Oceans and Seas), section 41.

3) The United Kingdom government's Permanent Committee on Geographical Names for Official British Use (PCGN) has endorsed the "Persian Gulf" as the correct name for this body of water.

Consequently, FIFA's deliberate omission of the "Persian Gulf" is not only a direct attack on the national identity of every Iranian, but an attack against history itself - an act with which a respectable organization should not be associated. Rest assured that complaints of this nature will continue until FIFA correctly lists "Persian Gulf" as a neighboring sea to UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Iran.

Regards,

Comment

have the replied to anyone yet?
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                                have the replied to anyone yet?
                                Yes, but with hot air and empty words.. look at older posts

Comment

Working...
                                X