Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21 - Page 455

Closed Thread
Page 455 of 455 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455
Results 4,541 to 4,546 of 4546

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,347 Times in 6,711 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    nice
    now sign ma boyeeee Gucci and we be looking forward to Fey matches even more so than Porto..!!

looks like they also in dire need of a striker...!! can they afford anything better than Reza after breaking their budget to get Ali&Reza...??

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,121 Posts
    I think what you guys are forgetting is that if he wasn't an Iranian you all would also agree with the general impression of the footballing world (at least the ones who know about him) that he has been a failure. Making it in the Netherlands doesn't mean what it used to be. Look at the best players and top scorers of the last 10-15 years and see how many of them actually have made it after their transfer.

Even the Dutch themselves make fun of the fact that any failed player can come to Netherlands and become the top goal scorer..

Gone are the days that Ronaldos, Romarios, van Nistelrooys and Robbens of this world would start their carriers in Netherlands.

In JB's specific case: he must have felt bad benchwarming the last year's, despite the big pay check. At least he now gets to play. And even in Netherlands Feyenoord was his only option. Ajax, PSV and AZ didn't want him (or they would get him), other teams can't afford him and Feyenoord due to their bad financial and general position could afford only "gambles" like JB. They either can get transfer free players, or players that have failed in "better" leagues but have the potential to make it in the weak Dutch team.

Be happy for him that he doesn't have to go to some Arabic league. And he has Gucci and the Iranian family that took him in during his NEC days to keep him company.

And him playing in the Dutch league vs being a benchwarmer against ManU, Chelsea, etc are much better for him and TM (if and when he gets called up).

And don't forget that Feyenoord Will playbin confederation cup this year...so at least you get to see him.playing some."European" games.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Babak agha For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AM_89 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,349 Times in 8,912 Posts
    Jahanbakhsh immediately embraced by Brighton supporters: 'They even figured out his flight'

Published: Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 09:00
    Last update: Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 09:35

Alireza Jahanbakhsh has not been able to live up to the high expectations at Brighton & Hove Albion, but nevertheless the attacker is in good standing among the supporters. According to club watcher Brian Owen of The Argus, this is mainly due to his mentality and hard work. After three years, Jahanbakhsh is on his way to Feyenoord for the small amount of about three million euros. The deal has already been completed and only needs to be confirmed by the clubs.

Brighton took over Jahanbakhsh from AZ in 2018 for the record amount of almost 25 million euros. In England, he made 50 Premier League appearances in three seasons and scored just two. Despite those poor stats, Jahanbakhsh has always been appreciated by the Brighton following. "There are a lot of good feelings about Ali," Owen told VoetbalPrimeur .

"He always came across as a real professional who works hard. I think he lacked some speed to play on the wing and presence to take center stage. And there were some question marks about his co-defending when he was on the wing. I can I also remember that he got injured a couple of times, while he was just starting to get visibly better," says Owen.

There is certainly no question of a maligned player. "The supporters recognize that he tried his best and was determined to succeed in the Premier League, rather than go straight back to the Netherlands. But there were mixed feelings about whether he was good enough. They will be his cue forever. against Chelsea. His advantage is definitely his attitude and the goals he scored were very well finished. I don't really see that he has developed very much here, but maybe I am wrong. He will think he has made strides ."

Jahanbakhsh entered the books as Brighton's most expensive player ever. Owen understands that the club has invested heavily in the man who scored 35 times in three seasons at AZ. "Brighton needed goals. They barely survived their first Premier League season and wanted to make strides. Despite the amount Brighton paid was high, it wasn't much compared to what you normally pay for a Premier League striker. Maybe "It was a calculated gamble. Brighton can't afford to bring in Premier League strikers who have already proven themselves. For them it was a bargain in relative terms."

Brighton supporters warmed to Jahanbakhsh when the deal with AZ was announced. "I remember there was a lot of enthusiasm when Alireza was brought in. Brighton supporters even figured out which flight he would take to England. I worked on several stories for the newspaper that weekend, including an impressive win for our cricket team. But everything. It was all about Ali at that time! The supporters wanted to know all about that."

Players who don't play in England are often rented out or sold, but that was not the case with Jahanbakhsh. The Iranian remained in his post for three seasons. "He said it was never an immediate success at his clubs in the Netherlands, so he always had the hope that it would work out for him in the second or third season. He said that to me at the end of his first season. He was confident that things would get better, although he was disappointed that he didn't score."

Autor: (Tim van Duijn/VoetbalPrimeur)

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 664 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarash View Post
    Jahanbakhsh immediately embraced by Brighton supporters: 'They even figured out his flight'

Published: Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 09:00
    Last update: Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 09:35

Alireza Jahanbakhsh has not been able to live up to the high expectations at Brighton & Hove Albion,
    but nevertheless the attacker is in good standing among the supporters. According to club watcher Brian Owen of The Argus, this is mainly due to his mentality and hard work. After three years, Jahanbakhsh is on his way to Feyenoord for the small amount of about three million euros. The deal has already been completed and only needs to be confirmed by the clubs.

Brighton took over Jahanbakhsh from AZ in 2018 for the record amount of almost 25 million euros. In England, he made 50 Premier League appearances in three seasons and scored just two. Despite those poor stats, Jahanbakhsh has always been appreciated by the Brighton following. "There are a lot of good feelings about Ali," Owen told VoetbalPrimeur .

"He always came across as a real professional who works hard. I think he lacked some speed to play on the wing and presence to take center stage. And there were some question marks about his co-defending when he was on the wing. I can I also remember that he got injured a couple of times, while he was just starting to get visibly better," says Owen.

There is certainly no question of a maligned player. "The supporters recognize that he tried his best and was determined to succeed in the Premier League, rather than go straight back to the Netherlands. But there were mixed feelings about whether he was good enough. They will be his cue forever. against Chelsea. His advantage is definitely his attitude and the goals he scored were very well finished. I don't really see that he has developed very much here, but maybe I am wrong. He will think he has made strides ."

Jahanbakhsh entered the books as Brighton's most expensive player ever. Owen understands that the club has invested heavily in the man who scored 35 times in three seasons at AZ. "Brighton needed goals. They barely survived their first Premier League season and wanted to make strides. Despite the amount Brighton paid was high, it wasn't much compared to what you normally pay for a Premier League striker. Maybe "It was a calculated gamble. Brighton can't afford to bring in Premier League strikers who have already proven themselves. For them it was a bargain in relative terms."

Brighton supporters warmed to Jahanbakhsh when the deal with AZ was announced. "I remember there was a lot of enthusiasm when Alireza was brought in. Brighton supporters even figured out which flight he would take to England. I worked on several stories for the newspaper that weekend, including an impressive win for our cricket team. But everything. It was all about Ali at that time! The supporters wanted to know all about that."

Players who don't play in England are often rented out or sold, but that was not the case with Jahanbakhsh. The Iranian remained in his post for three seasons. "He said it was never an immediate success at his clubs in the Netherlands, so he always had the hope that it would work out for him in the second or third season. He said that to me at the end of his first season. He was confident that things would get better, although he was disappointed that he didn't score."

Autor: (Tim van Duijn/VoetbalPrimeur)

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Boll***s!! High expectations? He was more than good enough for your shitty bottom of the league club. He certainly would have done much better in any other EPL club where they would have trained him into this league level within weeks if not months. But as it happens this highly professional player and very nice guy indeed put up with that clubs shit for 3 seasons simply because he is a nice guy. Lest we forget.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی نگاه میکنید.

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,622 Times in 5,027 Posts
    What a great feeling to close this thread
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 502

You do not have permission to view the list of names.