No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great performance, miles better than when they played against Waford. they looked like a championship side then, not a premier side.
    Competition is going to be tough for all of the new guys at Brighton

Comment

Maybe he’s not showing good form in practice? Why else spend so much and not even bring him in the final 20 mins when fresh legs would be perfect for a counter game

Comment

I watched the entire game. Brighton played well. I became a Brighton fan when Jahanbaksh joined the team. I also understand that the manager CH wants to ease him in. To be honest with him not getting a single minute, it doesn't appear that he wants to do so. I'm very dissapointed. Jahanbakhsh joined the team having had other offers (one of them being leicester). He joined Brighton because he said he felt wanted. Looking at Leicester's lineup I have a feeling that Jahanbakhsh would have already been a regular by now! I feel bad for him. I don't think I will watch the following games anymore. I will support the team but I hope to see him play. What a waste of talent and money if they don't play him regularly to be honest. Alireza might soon regret his decision not have gone to Leicester. He listened to his heart but he should have maybe listened to his brain!

Comment

Great win for BHAFC. How everything panned out, it just didn't make any sense to put ARJ in. Season is young. ARJ is patient. Next week will be quite a challenge at Anfield and a new day for ARJ to shine if he gets any minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
            JB did not look happy on the bench at the end of the game. Everyone was celebrating and he was just sitting there.
            It's natural for him to question himself, he's an intelligent guy.

I don't think him not starting is a surprise, but it is a surprise that the biggest signing in a club's history (and someone who was the top goalscorer and 3rd assist-provider in another league) doesn't at least come off the bench.

He's probably wondering whether his choice was the correct one. Only time will tell I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
              Eh wtf they bought him for then? Its not like other teams that just spend 25m on players every day
              I guess they just wanted to have a solid back-up option in case of injuries or shaky play from their wingers and since Alireza is still young, they don't see the urgency to rush things.

Comment

I'm quite sad that Jahanbakhsh didn't even get a minute today. I don't know how to feel about this. It looks like he won't be getting much playing time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  I'm quite sad that Jahanbakhsh didn't even get a minute today. I don't know how to feel about this. It looks like he won't be getting much playing time at all.
                  I doubt it. Its been 2 games kiarash! There are over 40 games if you include cup competetions, and March and Knockaert have never maintained good performances for more than 5 games in a row before. He will get games, as will bissouma, Andone. They obviously didnt pay a lot of $ for these guys to rot on the bench...

Comment

You don't spend 17-25 million pounds and not play a guy. Have some patience folks.

And of course JB is upset being on the bench. A player that is happy on the bench can kiss his career goodbye.

Comment

Can people stop being so dramatic? Hughton and all of the Brighton fans already told us not to expect him to be starting right away, and the season is 38 games long. It's like it goes in one ear and out the other. Today was an exceptional day for Brighton, and any manager would be hesitant to make any changes that might disrupt whatever is causing their team to shut down united like that.

Next week they take on Liverpool, and we might be treated to his first start as many will be absolutely winded from the work they put in today and we all know Klopp's tactics will be very physically demanding.

Comment

Iranians hamleh kardan be Instagram Brighton

Comment

This is why i can't like PL since 2008, the league quality has gone way down and there is no logic with the coaches. No real tactics or understanding of what is happening with the team. Every week is different, 1 week you beat a top team only to get thrashed by a shit team a week later. Players benched for no reason. I hope this changes for JB soon... a good coach would have gotten his feet wet even last 10min of the game

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                            JB did not look happy on the bench at the end of the game. Everyone was celebrating and he was just sitting there.
                            Watched the whole game and I missed seeing him look unhappy. Maybe it was gas Facial expressions at various times could mean many different things and your interpretation is one of many. Of course any of them could be correct and only ARJ could tell us what was going through his mind. Knowing the professional he is, I am sure he is happy for the team and he sees this as a new found challenge for himself. I have no doubt that he will make the best of this. He looked happy to me when he was going back to the locker room.

Comment

lol @ Man-U. Absolute trash.

I kinda understand why the coach didn't bring ARJ in, they were up 3-1 at half time so if it ain't broke don't fix it kinda thing. But at the same time this doesn't look good for ARJ in the immediate future. However, I'm certain his work ethic alone will earn him a start in the following weeks.

Comment

You guys are so reactionary. Of course Chris was not gonna risk his consistent line up that was playing well by bringing an attacking player like Jahanbakhsh would likes to drive down forward and run with the ball. They were comfortable with a two goal lead they didn't need to score more goals. Chris just wanted to see the game out with few risks as possible. Proper lower team performance by holding the ball up and frustrating the opposition. Do I need to remind you that this Brighton team has beaten United at home in the past 2 seasons ? From a United fan perspective, this was horrible to watch for me. We almost showed nothing in the second half. Worrying times again at the club.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X