Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
    Exactly. Both Bissouma and Knocky have tunnle vision when they get the ball. I genuinly believe the support from the fans and the songs they sing for these two players specially has gotten in their heads. They somehow believe theyre better players than they actually are.
    The songs are moronic and a form of entertainment for the low brow fans (remember Peter Crouch's song, He is tall, he is red, his legs stick out of bed, Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch!! Not a work of poetry but entertaining in a Geordie/neanderthal way). The player who listen to them and are affected by them are douche'-bags.

I hate to say it but in the absence of effective D-mid, attacking midfielder or a central playmaker you can put March, Bissouma, Izquierdo, AK or ARJ on any wing and this team will play the same plodding frustrating soccer that BHFA fans are blaming on the wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      It's clear to any unbiased person that ARJ's presence clearly improves the team's performance (you can do a simple stats test on win ratio with and without ARJ starts). Despite no goals yet, he has made a positive impact so far, but nothing worthy of a highlight reel (except for his SHIR stance against Walker!)
      Definitely.
      I will say based on my experiences that these types of teams are very difficult to sway their fans. They are quite the defensive outfit and while their CMs get applauded for just clearing the ball, their attackers need to score/produce magic in order for them to cling to 1-0 wins.

I used to play on a school team with this ethos. 4-4-2 flat
      Was the formation and the 2 up front had to basically produce goals out of nothing/long balls. No wing support either. It was a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
        The songs are moronic and a form of entertainment for the low brow fans (remember Peter Crouch's song, He is tall, he is red, his legs stick out of bed, Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch!! Not a work of poetry but entertaining in a Geordie/neanderthal way). The player who listen to them and are affected by them are douche'-bags.

I hate to say it but in the absence of effective D-mid, attacking midfielder or a central playmaker you can put March, Bissouma, Izquierdo, AK or ARJ on any wing and this team will play the same plodding frustrating soccer that BHFA fans are blaming on the wingers.
        Could not agree more with everyting you said!

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
          Be careful generalizing a whole fan base vs the type of people that just might be more vocal on their message board... They seem like a normal fan base for a bottom half of table team- some irrational blowhards, many sarcastic fans enjoying the ride in the top flight, then many more local fans enjoying seeing their hometown club. Don't think I've seen any BHAFC fans saying they are anything special relative to the EPL...
          You are absolutely right. I meant no offense to those BHAFC fans that know their club and sympathize with what they are going through. It is disheartening but hardly the fault of ARJ who seems to be their favorite whipping boy.

The subject of my barbs are the few blowhards we have on this site.

Respect

Comment

Found this wholesome video of ARJ on twitter:

https://twitter.com/lewisshepherd12/...44545006657536

He has a little penalty kick with a small kid! It seems like he picked up a british accent ^^

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post

He has a little penalty kick with a small kid! It seems like he picked up a british accent ^^
              Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
                "well done mate! "😂😂
                it seems like he's terribly lost his confidence that he can't even score against a 2 year old
                lol jk he can revive his career, hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
                  Be careful generalizing a whole fan base vs the type of people that just might be more vocal on their message board... They seem like a normal fan base for a bottom half of table team- some irrational blowhards, many sarcastic fans enjoying the ride in the top flight, then many more local fans enjoying seeing their hometown club. Don't think I've seen any BHAFC fans saying they are anything special relative to the EPL...
                  I was gonna say something similar ....
                  i havent read their board too often and of late much but the few times i have in the past, certainly got a more positive impression of their fans base..!!?
                  obviously there are wankers and asssholes abound on such fan boards, especially so when the club is struggling with form as bad as BHA has been of late and facing relegation..!
                  Personally by enlarge i have found BHA fans on the NSA Chat far more fair, level headed, football knowledgeable...!!? be it, when frustrated by their club's shitt form, there are quiet a few also making snarly and sarcastic remarks which is typical of all british fans...!! at least many of them arent as mean-spirited, hateful wankers and flat-out racist pricks like the bunch on that popular Charlton Athletic chat site during Reza's tenor with that cluster-fk of a club...!

i sure hope CH gets his tactics right for this game and allow ARJ to push more into attack, into his more favored RW..!! Also badly want Stephens bench in the midfield trio favor of Kayal ..! i think much of their forward\ attacking moves stahl currently once it goes through this guy..! he holds the damn ball every-time and goes in circles like a headless chicken until he either looses it or passes it backwards dangerously putting the aging although very formidable CB duo under undue pressure..!

personally think as a team they need to adapt an overall aggressive game tactics and and an all out Pressing game , harassing the shitt outa of Cardiff MF and attackers and pounce of giveaways for a goal from hopefully a swift counters (if their ball-hogging CM's could ever release anything resembling a forward pass ..!! )
                  i saw a little bit of Cardiff game last Sat. and they seemed to struggle mightily when pressed hard by Burnley and were committing some real nasty and card-worthy fouls..!

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                    I mean just look at Persues LOL He wants Biss to start in place of Knocky. If you look at the first goal they conceded, Its clear that both Knocky and biss were walking ball watching, BUT theyre the best players on the team. LOL no knock on Biss as he has so much RAW potential but not disciplined enough and we all know knocky is a whinny baby.
                    There is method in the madness. The defensive concentration of Bissouma is flawed. Push him forward where if he does lose the ball he is not the last man.

Bruno is my choice of right back because he simply has more experience than Montoya and can read the game better. Montoya relies on interceptions too much and if fails with an interception it leaves the defence exposed.

I'm not a fan of either Knockaert or Solly March. But this pair have created most goals this season. Albeit lots of them from dead balls.

I have reservations about Dale Stephens but for breaking up the opposition play in midfield he plays a part in the team. Stats say at 83.1% he is best passer. Key passes is only average and the only one any good is Pascal Groß (but I figured he is not match fit).

The biggest downer this year is the failure to create chances from open play. The absence of Pascal Groß through injury has got a lot to do with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                      There is method in the madness. The defensive concentration of Bissouma is flawed. Push him forward where if he does lose the ball he is not the last man.

Bruno is my choice of right back because he simply has more experience than Montoya and can read the game better. Montoya relies on interceptions too much and if fails with an interception it leaves the defence exposed.

I'm not a fan of either Knockaert or Solly March. But this pair have created most goals this season. Albeit lots of them from dead balls.

I have reservations about Dale Stephens but for breaking up the opposition play in midfield he plays a part in the team. Stats say at 83.1% he is best passer. Key passes is only average and the only one any good is Pascal Groß (but I figured he is not match fit).

The biggest downer this year is the failure to create chances from open play. The absence of Pascal Groß through injury has got a lot to do with this.
                      I haven't watched Pascal Groß play much. Does he know how to play one touch passes? the rest of your team has no idea how, which his the reason for the slow attacking transition of this team.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Pascal Groß is a talented footballer who is equally effective as a deep-lying playmaker or an advanced playmaker.

I rate him highly, but the thing is - you can't rely on one player as much as that to play proper football. The rest of these guys are really average.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

i sure hope CH gets his tactics right for this game and allow ARJ to push more into attack, into his more favored RW..!! Also badly want Stephens bench in the midfield trio favor of Kayal ..! i think much of their forward\ attacking moves stahl currently once it goes through this guy..! he holds the damn ball every-time and goes in circles like a headless chicken until he either looses it or passes it backwards dangerously putting the aging although very formidable CB duo under undue pressure..!

personally think as a team they need to adapt an overall aggressive game tactics and and an all out Pressing game , harassing the shitt outa of Cardiff MF and attackers and pounce of giveaways for a goal from hopefully a swift counters (if their ball-hogging CM's could ever release anything resembling a forward pass ..!! )
                          i saw a little bit of Cardiff game last Sat. and they seemed to struggle mightily when pressed hard by Burnley and were committing some real nasty and card-worthy fouls..!

You noticed that of Dale Stephens. I think the explanation is that he has to get the ball on his right foot as he is not confident on his left peg. This accounts for my reservations about his play! Kayal has replaced Stephens numerous times in the past. It has not improved the team play and not done any good at all when chasing a game.

If Cardiff do get aggressive, Kayal has had so many injuries it seems to effect his game as well.

I think Brighton will do a selective pressing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                            I haven't watched Pascal Groß play much. Does he know how to play one touch passes? the rest of your team has no idea how, which his the reason for the slow attacking transition of this team.
                            Pascal Groß's assets are hard running covering a lot of ground and choosing the right pass. He is slow and poor at tackling though.

For one touch passing in attack, surprisingly Dale Stephens to Izquierdo has shown glimpses in the past, notably vs Stoke last season. Playing out of the opposition press which requires the same six-a-side skills, the Brighton have shown they can do it sometimes and better than quite a few teams. Bissouma, Montoya and Bernardo looks like they have quick enough feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post

Consider yourself and other Brighton fans lucky that Konocky is out for atleast 3 games ( hopefully for more ) watch how youll stay up now.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                Pascal Groß is a talented footballer who is equally effective as a deep-lying playmaker or an advanced playmaker.

I rate him highly, but the thing is - you can't rely on one player as much as that to play proper football. The rest of these guys are really average.
                                Stats bear this out as well. Well ahead in playmaking ahead of the rest of the team, to whom playmaking seems to be an unknown concept. Dale Stephens comes a distant second and the rest are nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X