Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    I swear some of you guys have never played football in your lives before...

    It's laughable how people expect ARJ to score goals in the 10 measly minutes he averages a game.. On a defensive team... Whose main attacking gameplan is to feed nareh khar balls to their 35 year old grandpa striker and target Duffy in set pieces.
    What about the starts he gets against Championship sides in Cup games or the games he played against Everton?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      What about the starts he gets against Championship sides in Cup games or the games he played against Everton?
      Or that his competition has scored and assisted and he has 0 goals and 0 assists in 11 games.

      Comment


      • Confidence is everything! Right now if you put that 19 year old Jahanbaksh fresh from Gilan into this team, he would be the hottest player. He has become too tamed under the big lights. The historic price tag has also had a bad effect on him. He needs to just get back to playing the sport that he loves and not to over think the situation.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          I swear some of you guys have never played football in your lives before...

          It's laughable how people expect ARJ to score goals in the 10 measly minutes he averages a game.. On a defensive team... Whose main attacking gameplan is to feed nareh khar balls to their 35 year old grandpa striker and target Duffy in set pieces.
          I've played football at a fairly decent level in one of the most innovative and advanced football countries in the world (Netherlands), and have experience as a pundit on various football-related forums such as Reddit. One thing I've noticed is that those living in the United States have exactly zero knowledge of the complex game that football is. You are living in a country that intrinsically lacks advanced infrastructure, which has clearly hampered your ability to understand how things work over here.

          To add to that, you are Iranian, of the fanboy kind. We have one of the most delusional and entitled fans in the world. Whenever one of our players doesn't get selected at his club, or when he lacks transfer options, accusations of political bias are started to pop up on this forum like there is some conspiracy against Iran and its football players. The fact that most of our players are absolutely shit, especially in relation to the quality of play most of us are speaking of, doesn't get through in the heads of our abgooshti analysts over here. The fact that our players demonstrated (Asian Cup) to lack any decent quality and mentality to weekly play at a professional club in Europe is being overlooked due to ethnic bias.

          The Premier League is tough competition. They buy players, especially when they spend a decent amount of money, to have a immediate effect on their squad. Jahanbakhsh has been rated both for his performances during training sessions as well for his sporadic performances in official matches. The fact that our friend has played absolutely horrible in most those sessions, as well as in his role for the national team, has led me to believe that the people at Brighton are in a state of shock for the lack of basic technique he has demonstrated. It isn't only that he has received a short amount of time to cement a starting position, but JB has performed so below par that even his ball control, shootings, offensive quality are seriously lacking.

          It was the same with Vincent Janssen, who came from AZ as well, who similarly demonstrated that the quality of the Eredivisie is in no way comparable to the complex and competitive nature of the Premier League.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kas-r View Post
            I've played football at a fairly decent level in one of the most innovative and advanced football countries in the world (Netherlands), and have experience as a pundit on various football-related forums such as Reddit. One thing I've noticed is that those living in the United States have exactly zero knowledge of the complex game that football is. You are living in a country that intrinsically lacks advanced infrastructure, which has clearly hampered your ability to understand how things work over here.

            To add to that, you are Iranian, of the fanboy kind. We have one of the most delusional and entitled fans in the world. Whenever one of our players doesn't get selected at his club, or when he lacks transfer options, accusations of political bias are started to pop up on this forum like there is some conspiracy against Iran and its football players. The fact that most of our players are absolutely shit, especially in relation to the quality of play most of us are speaking of, doesn't get through in the heads of our abgooshti analysts over here. The fact that our players demonstrated (Asian Cup) to lack any decent quality and mentality to weekly play at a professional club in Europe is being overlooked due to ethnic bias.

            The Premier League is tough competition. They buy players, especially when they spend a decent amount of money, to have a immediate effect on their squad. Jahanbakhsh has been rated both for his performances during training sessions as well for his sporadic performances in official matches. The fact that our friend has played absolutely horrible in most those sessions, as well as in his role for the national team, has led me to believe that the people at Brighton are in a state of shock for the lack of basic technique he has demonstrated. It isn't only that he has received a short amount of time to cement a starting position, but JB has performed so below par that even his ball control, shootings, offensive quality are seriously lacking.

            It was the same with Vincent Janssen, who came from AZ as well, who similarly demonstrated that the quality of the Eredivisie is in no way comparable to the complex and competitive nature of the Premier League.
            It could be that he really is just a terrible player who is not cut out for the premier league, or it could be that he is struggling with confidence, and with a run of games and some lucky bounces, he could gain his confidence back and make it in the premier league.

            There have been instances where players have come to the prem and simply not made it, and there are cases where players have come, struggled for an entire season, only to find their feet and become a success. Whether you are more qualified to judge which is going to happen with ARJ is irrelevant, the fact is none of us truly know what is going to happen. Maybe if he had more playing time he would be playing good now, or maybe he would still be playing just as crap. Nobody knows, because it hasn't happened yet.

            I choose to support him and believe he has what it takes, and given the time and opportunity he will be able to make it. Does that make me a blind fanboy?! Perhaps. But I'd rather be a blind fanboy, and continue supporting and watching him in hope that he can turn it around, then spend my time trying to convince others that he is crap. Is he not one of us? Would it not be amazing for our TM, and our country, if he could make a name for himself in the EPL?

            I couldn't care less how Brighton fans or anyone on this forum feels about it, but I hope he feels the same way I do and believes in himself.
            ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
              It could be that he really is just a terrible player who is not cut out for the premier league, or it could be that he is struggling with confidence, and with a run of games and some lucky bounces, he could gain his confidence back and make it in the premier league.

              There have been instances where players have come to the prem and simply not made it, and there are cases where players have come, struggled for an entire season, only to find their feet and become a success. Whether you are more qualified to judge which is going to happen with ARJ is irrelevant, the fact is none of us truly know what is going to happen. Maybe if he had more playing time he would be playing good now, or maybe he would still be playing just as crap. Nobody knows, because it hasn't happened yet.

              I choose to support him and believe he has what it takes, and given the time and opportunity he will be able to make it. Does that make me a blind fanboy?! Perhaps. But I'd rather be a blind fanboy, and continue supporting and watching him in hope that he can turn it around, then spend my time trying to convince others that he is crap. Is he not one of us? Would it not be amazing for our TM, and our country, if he could make a name for himself in the EPL?

              I couldn't care less how Brighton fans or anyone on this forum feels about it, but I hope he feels the same way I do and believes in himself.
              I think you misunderstand me. I don't hate Jahanbakhsh. In fact, I sincerely hope he does well at Brighton. I have been closely following him as a football player ever since he arrived in the Netherlands, and I hold the opinion that he has positively contributed to the image of Iranian talent over here.

              Having said that, my sympathies for his career and well wishings (bias) do not influence my objective opinion regarding his performances. Some of us over here are so emotional and subjective that they seem to live in a different reality.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kas-r View Post
                I think you misunderstand me. I don't hate Jahanbakhsh. In fact, I sincerely hope he does well at Brighton. I have been closely following him as a football player ever since he arrived in the Netherlands, and I hold the opinion that he has positively contributed to the image of Iranian talent over here.

                Having said that, my sympathies for his career and well wishings (bias) do not influence my objective opinion regarding his performances. Some of us over here are so emotional and subjective that they seem to live in a different reality.
                I agree. IMO he has not played well, but I also don't think he's played bad enough to play as little as he has. CH has put him in a position where he basically has to have good game every time he steps on the pitch, and that surely messes him up mentally. Knockaert can have an absolute shocker and it won't impact his playing time, and seems to be the same with Locadia and Izquierdo. ARJ doesn't have that luxury, and its unfortunate.

                I think he will play Saturday. Hopefully from the start.
                ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

                Comment


                • Kasra-r and Canadian-eh you are both right.
                  Whether he makes it or not, it's still a great experience, will continue my support, our players deserve it.
                  Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

                  Comment


                  • Guys
                    Mo Salah was the King of Basel went to Chelsea and had 13 appearences between 2014-2016
                    Give JB some time and he will perform

                    Comment


                    • almiron joined newcastle 3 weeks ago from MLS and is already starting and having a positive impact. same age, similar transfer fee.

                      Comment


                      • Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town

                        Saturday, 2nd March 2019 15:00 UT

                        PREMIER LEAGUE

                        Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town

                        Amex Stadium

                        https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...n-Huddersfield

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                          Saturday, 2nd March 2019 15:00 UT

                          PREMIER LEAGUE

                          Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town

                          Amex Stadium

                          https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...n-Huddersfield

                          Must win

                          Comment




                          • Comment


                            • Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
                              Must win
                              Must start (for ARJ)

                              Comment


                              • It's time he mans up. Look how bad of a start Victor Lindelof had at Man Utd, now he is the backbone of the teams defence. Hope Alireza starts to perform soon 🙏

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X