Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...mouth-Brighton

    A long time rivalry of the two main south coast seaside resorts mainly in Division 3 over about a century.

    Comment


    • The same people who doubt Jahanbakhsh will say the complete opposite when he does great.

      PFDC Friends, I love you, but you need some patience! Lol.

      Comment


      • Today's game was disappointing. Not sure if anyone else is watching these games. They keep looking like a decent team for a few minutes, but that doesn't get you any points. Andone and Bissouma increasingly included into the team. Locadia (also joined from Holland -- PSV) in general does not seem worth his price tag, and BHA fans not giving him much chance. I hope it is not the same for ARJB. Either way, competition is plenty at the wins and so ARJB really needs to be at his peak to break into first team consistently. I think he, Bissouma and Andone would be an incredible group working together but has not been tried yet by Chris Hughton

        Comment


        • Yeah I watched today’s game, Hughton went with a 4-1-4-1 and much more attacking. Lots of great chances and fluid possession but bad conversion. Eventually Bournemouth took the lead from a great shot. Second half was lackluster and Dunk topped it off with a very stupid red.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
            Yeah I watched today’s game, Hughton went with a 4-1-4-1 and much more attacking. Lots of great chances and fluid possession but bad conversion. Eventually Bournemouth took the lead from a great shot. Second half was lackluster and Dunk topped it off with a very stupid red.
            Seagulls centre-half Lewis Dunk was sent off after collecting two bookable offences against the Cherries.

            Dunk will now miss Brighton’s Boxing Day fixture at home against Arsenal.

            However the defender would be right to feel miffed about his suspension after he was caught up in a case of mistaken identity.

            Dunk went into Mike Dean’s notebook in the 62nd minute after David Brooks hit the deck.

            But it wasn’t Dunk who caught Brooks, it was obviously Yves Bissouma. https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/w...efore-arsenal/

            Comment


            • Dismissed Lewis Dunk did not know he was on a yellow card.
              https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/173...rd/?ref=twtrec


              Duffy is back against Arsenal. I would prefer the more reliable Bruno in central defence than the one bad error a game Balogun.

              I don't like 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 is sounder. I see some improvements this season in defending and scoring from set pieces (from a very poor baseline) but open play is not so good as last season. Left side of defensive midfield is not ideal with Pröpper, Stephens, Bissouma and Kayal all being right footed. Groß is right footed as well.

              Pröpper and Stephens were the most used defensive midfield pairing last season. They played virtually every game. Bissouma was not signed and Kayal was injured.

              Duffy and Dunk played virtually every game last season as well. Bruno and Bong were regulars as well. Less lapses and mistakes last season. Mistakes cost goals. It is the new players that are making the mistakes. They may look better players (not by much) but we have lost a lot of points this season by individual mistakes in open play, losing the ball in vital areas. Montoya, Balogun and Bissouma have all been guilty of this.

              Comment


              • How to score more goals from open play?

                This was a problem last season as well as this. Last season we only had three threats, poacher Glenn Murray when the opposing defence slipped up or conceded a penalty, Pascal Groß against the weaker sides with poor keepers, and the unpredictable José Izquierdo who is about the only chance of scoring against the top six clubs.

                This season Groß and Izquierdo have both missed games through injury but Murray has been knocking them in mostly exploiting mistakes, luckily, Dunk and a lesser extent Duffy have scored a few from set pieces. Florin Andone has done exceptional with two in the equivalent of four games.

                In order to beat Arsenal we cannot rely on mistakes by them to score. On past form and ability in the Premier League I would see it as Albion not being serious of winning if the front four were not Izquierdo, Andone and Groß and one other. (NB: Groß takes right footed corners and March and Knockaert left footed ones, but we won't get many.)

                I think Brighton supporters will be mostly looking for Andone to start.



                I think Alireza Jahanbakhsh has a good chance of starting against either Arsenal or Everton if fully fit.

                Comment


                • If fully fit, he's going to join up with his national team for a fair few weeks. Sorry about that.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                    How to score more goals from open play?

                    This was a problem last season as well as this. Last season we only had three threats, poacher Glenn Murray when the opposing defence slipped up or conceded a penalty, Pascal Groß against the weaker sides with poor keepers, and the unpredictable José Izquierdo who is about the only chance of scoring against the top six clubs.

                    This season Groß and Izquierdo have both missed games through injury but Murray has been knocking them in mostly exploiting mistakes, luckily, Dunk and a lesser extent Duffy have scored a few from set pieces. Florin Andone has done exceptional with two in the equivalent of four games.

                    In order to beat Arsenal we cannot rely on mistakes by them to score. On past form and ability in the Premier League I would see it as Albion not being serious of winning if the front four were not Izquierdo, Andone and Groß and one other. (NB: Groß takes right footed corners and March and Knockaert left footed ones, but we won't get many.)

                    I think Brighton supporters will be mostly looking for Andone to start.



                    I think Alireza Jahanbakhsh has a good chance of starting against either Arsenal or Everton if fully fit.
                    Yay!

                    ————

                    Btw what is “Boxing Day” and do we have it here in America and I’m just not aware?

                    Comment


                    • Jahanbakhsh is already in Tehran. Going to join the squad soon I assume
                      Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                      http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                      [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                      Villa + Messi =

                      Comment


                      • Weghorst is doin so good at Wolfsburg. Hes a starter and has already scored 7 goals for them. Theyre currently 5th in the standings and can even fight for the Championsleague spots in the 2nd half of the season. Still think that Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A and Primera Division would have been better for Jahanbakhsh (and iranian players in general).
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          Yay!
                          ————
                          Btw what is “Boxing Day” and do we have it here in America and I’m just not aware?
                          Manager Chris Hughton confirmed to The Argus this morning that the winger is linking up with the Iran squad for the Asian Cup in the United Arab Emirates next month.

                          Jahanbakhsh has been sidelined by hamstring trouble since last month's defeat at Everton.

                          Hughton told The Argus: "Alireza will join up with the (Iran) squad today. And at this moment we are very happy for him to go.
                          "We have liaised long and hard with the medical staff. He's at a stage where we are happy for him to go. If that wasn't the case we'd keep him for longer before he went but, of course, it's international football and ultimately they have the right to take him and assess him."

                          https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/173...es/?ref=twtrec

                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                            ,it's international football and ultimately they have the right to take him and assess him."
                            Always classy CH.

                            Other managers would have either kicked up a fuss or made a sarcastic comment

                            Comment


                            • ARJ made it to the worst list.
                              He can only go higher now!

                              http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-p...ect-in-january

                              GK: Fabri (Fulham)
                              DF: Ryan Fredericks (West Ham), Caglar Soyuncu (Leicester), Jannik Vestergaard (Southampton)
                              MF: Fred (Manchester United), Jack Wilshere (West Ham), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Brighton), Mohamed Elyounoussi (Southampton), Jean-Michel Seri (Fulham)
                              FW: Lucas Perez (West Ham), Bobby Reid (Cardiff)

                              Comment


                              • BHAFC playing Arsenal, already 1-0 down...

                                https://www.google.com/search?ei=7Lg...2_tc;ln;fp;1;;

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X