No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of the day, now Pacal Grobs is back... Izquierdo set to get more mins and with CH's love for March and Knockeart we can expect to see ARJ to play even less than he has been so far!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
      At the end of the day, now Pacal Grobs is back... Izquierdo set to get more mins and with CH's love for March and Knockeart we can expect to see ARJ to play even less than he has been so far!
      That's true but I think he's in it for the long haul. He's a bright young fellow. This season he may not do too much but let's wait and see.

I still think he has a lot of development in his game left to do and the JB we will see at 27-28 will be very different to the one we have now. I'm optimistic because he has the personality to keep on improving

Comment

Baba 2nd Striker or Winger, he is still not going to get playtime over Messi and Ronaldo

Comment

I got to admit, I never watched JB in the Dutch league.

But i have watched him in TM, and his minutes in England. He has one problem. He is inconsistent. He has moments of flair and is overall a good winger but to make it in the PL, you need consistency.

Not every player can make it in the PL and if he doesn't, it dont mean he is a bad player. Look at Memphis Depay, similar circumstances to JB...brilliant stats in dutch league but couldnt make it in EPL

Still, we have to give JB a full season and judge him next year and hopefully he can adapt to English football

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
            I would label ARJ as the Raumdeuter. This style of play came into existence after Thomas Mullers 2014 World cup performance. In essence the Raumdeuter attacks open space and can roam around the box.
            someone is a pro FM player

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

But i have watched him in TM, and his minutes in England. He has one problem. He is inconsistent. He has moments of flair and is overall a good winger but to make it in the PL, you need consistency.

Not every player can make it in the PL and if he doesn't, it dont mean he is a bad player. Look at Memphis Depay, similar circumstances to JB...brilliant stats in dutch league but couldnt make it in EPL

Still, we have to give JB a full season and judge him next year and hopefully he can adapt to English football
              As someone who watched about 80% of his games in the dutch league (even if it was a 1kbps quality stream), I'd say that both CQ and CH are not utilizing JB properly. Most of the Goals/Assists JB had came in the 2nd half after he wore down the opposing defenders. Bringing him on in the last 20 minutes of the game where the rest of his teammates are tired and can't react to his quick passes, isn't going to do him any favors. He also needs some CMs who play high and can do the "one two" or swap with him. I think with Ghoddos in TM now, we'll see JB play much better.

I'm not Worried for him long-term, but I doubt we'll see him play much for Brighton this season. Maybe if Knocky or March get sold next summer, we'll see JB play more. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if He's loaned out back to the dutch league in the winter transfer window.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                I honestly wouldn't be surprised if He's loaned out back to the dutch league in the winter transfer window.

Comment

Open questions:

1) what well known player does Alireza Jahanbakhshdoes most resemble to interms of style, skills and physique?

2) what position in what practical* formation is he must suited to? (*high line 3-5 excluded)

PS: Tickets for the Wolves game sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                    Open questions:

1) what well known player does Alireza Jahanbakhshdoes most resemble to interms of style, skills and physique?

2) what position in what practical* formation is he must suited to? (*high line 3-5 excluded)

PS: Tickets for the Wolves game sold out.
                    1. Dries Mertens

2. 4-3-3

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

Why are wingers so inconsistent? I blame the opposing full-backs myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        1. Dries Mertens

2. 4-3-3
                        That might confirm my inclination to think Alireza Jahanbakhsh would fare best as the second striker in my preferred 4-3-3 formation.

The snag is Brighton are not good enough in midfield to play 4-3-3 in the Premier League! Otherwise a forward line of Alireza Jahanbakhsh, José Izquierdo and Florin Andone might be the conceivable future?

Even with the formidable midfield of Man United, 4-3-3 does not always work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          I would label ARJ as the Raumdeuter. This style of play came into existence after Thomas Mullers 2014 World cup performance. In essence the Raumdeuter attacks open space and can roam around the box.
                          https://www.squawka.com/en/news/foot...82y4U1VDI2B.97

The role I envisaged.

Not expected to track back, but to challenge (gegenpress) defenders if they dally on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                            https://www.squawka.com/en/news/foot...82y4U1VDI2B.97

The role I envisaged.

Not expected to track back, but to challenge (gegenpress) defenders if they dally on the ball.
                            thats just not how he plays. If anybody payed any attention to him in AZ, he was a mainly on the right side, unless he started games in other positions. He has little defensive responsibility and a great connection with his fullback, very talented young norwegian svensson. Together they isolated and killed most opposition left backs. ARJ has the ability to cut inside and shoot, as well as play in great crosses, and maybe most impressively, play very accurate through balls to forwards. Murray doesnt really make those kind of runs that ARJ likes to play with such balls, but even regardless of that they dont have any chemistry for ARJ to really connnect with him on the pitch. On AZ, the main reason he was so effective was bc of his connection with first Vincent Janssen and then Wout Weghorst (now at Wolsburg). Playing arj 10 mins here and there and the odd start will not build the chemistry his game relies on to be effective.

He is not an attacking mid. He is a right winger. He is a classic right winger with added ability to cut inside and shoot. Please stop saying that he is an attacking mid. On our national team we were in need for a classic 10 for years and he was never once trusted to play there, even over an aging and injury prone dejagah. The guy is a right winger, that is his bread and butter. You bought him as a right winger, if he cant displace knocakert maybe you shouldnt have bought him then we all wouldnt have to be apart of this lame situation.

Comment

Pretty sure he will start the next game as well, as they won last game and as I recall he was involved in the winner (not an assist)
                              Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                                Pretty sure he will start the next game as well, as they won last game and as I recall he was involved in the winner (not an assist)
                                I'd be surprised if he started in saturday's game given that he's been gone for international break

Comment

Working...
                                X